Preston 7 Latics 0

There are those we don't want, those we have made offers to (but still no news), some we have our eye on but will be cheaper if we wait, and those on our books who are available to anyone else who has two pennies to rub together. Who I wonder will be playing when I go to Mossley on the 11th July! Who is going to buy a season ticket tomorrow when there is no news on transfers - well not no news just details of those who are leaving or wanted by others. Could it just be that SC is trying to save a few weeks wages?

Anything involving Peter Risdale in football should be disregarded. Didn't PNE get rid of about 20 players too? It's not about Latics v Preston, they seem to be the only team signing early in our division.

and if you lok at a few national league 1 forums, some of them signings are average at best in many peoples opinion. only time will tell.

and if you lok at a few national league 1 forums, some of them signings are average at best in many peoples opinion. only time will tell.

Isn't that the point of a football manager though? To buy 'em cheap, gell 'em together and get 'em promoted? Irwin, Palmer, Warhurst, Barrett, Ritchie and Bunn, all average at best yet with the right manager, teammates, tactics and a fair wind we all know what happened.

Anyone can be a cheque book manager but we haven't got a cheque book chairman. The key for us is picking up the cheap players other teams can't see a value in then moulding then around a blend of youth, hard workers and committed lads.

There are those we don't want, those we have made offers to (but still no news), some we have our eye on but will be cheaper if we wait, and those on our books who are available to anyone else who has two pennies to rub together. Who I wonder will be playing when I go to Mossley on the 11th July! Who is going to buy a season ticket tomorrow when there is no news on transfers - well not no news just details of those who are leaving or wanted by others. Could it just be that SC is trying to save a few weeks wages?

Never mind the quantity, it's the quality.

A couple maybe, Richard wright hsa only played 15 games in 3 seasons. Give me Cisak any day

Amoo has played in Europa league, but Michel Clegg played in europe too-we all know Fergies tactic there. He was anonymous for Bury, rated "inconsistent". Jones is rated better, altough PNE are in for him too.

Shrewsbury players are a gamble, look how Chesterfield struggled.

I think he has just signed anyone avaialble, and probably paid over the odds to boot.

Lee Holmes [southampton - Preston] Free *

Scott Laird [stevenage - Preston] Free *

Richard Wright [ipswich - Preston] Free *

David Amoo [Liverpool - Preston] Free *

David Buchanan [Tranmere - Preston] Free *

Nicky Hunt [Preston- Rotherham] Free *

Shane Cansdell-Sherriff [shrewsbury - Preston North End] Undisclosed

Nicky Wroe [shrewsbury - Preston North End] Undisclosed *

Isn't that the point of a football manager though? To buy 'em cheap, gell 'em together and get 'em promoted? Irwin, Palmer, Warhurst, Barrett, Ritchie and Bunn, all average at best yet with the right manager, teammates, tactics and a fair wind we all know what happened.

Anyone can be a cheque book manager but we haven't got a cheque book chairman. The key for us is picking up the cheap players other teams can't see a value in then moulding then around a blend of youth, hard workers and committed lads.

There is but has Westley done that?

We simply have not got a clue.

The point was 7 had signed to our none.

Fools rush in.

Avverage at best?! I'd suggest unpolished gems migh be a better description. I'd be surprised if many or any of the Preston signings fall into that category.

Is that the same Irwin who won a Champions League medal?

Or the same Ritchie who many thought was unfortunate not to get an England call (Royle once said he was the best striker to not get a cap for his country)?

The very same Barrett who won a cap for his country (and could possibly have had a few more)?

Warhurst, Palmer and Bunn......... average?

Nah!

Is that the same Irwin who won a Champions League medal?

Or the same Ritchie who many thought was unfortunate not to get an England call (Royle once said he was the best striker to not get a cap for his country)?

The very same Barrett who won a cap for his country (and could possibly have had a few more)?

Warhurst, Palmer and Bunn......... average?

Nah!

I think he means that was the general thought before they signed for the Latics Lancy.

Their offspring may be average but the word I'd use for the likes of Ritchie, Barrett, Warhurst et al would be exceptional. In their pomp they were amongst the finest playing football in the country as proven by the results.

As for Preston, let them sign another dozen before we sign one - doesn't matter one iota. As long as we're able to get the vast amount of our squad together before the Portugal camp then we've not missed out. SC has already said that the bargains will be around in a few weeks. For free agents to accept deals now they must be getting a fair wedge.

I think he means that was the general thought before they signed for the Latics Lancy.

What he said.

Until they played for Latics everyone of them had been rejected by at least one other manager as not being good enough for their own team. I am aware of what these players went onto achieve with us and after they left the club.

When we signed these players I doubt that fans of other teams were haranguing their clubs for lack of ambition or feeling like they missed out as we clocked up the signing of another City reserve or player deemed surplus to requirement at Leeds.

Never mind the quantity, it's the quality.

A couple maybe, Richard wright hsa only played 15 games in 3 seasons. Give me Cisak any day

Amoo has played in Europa league, but Michel Clegg played in europe too-we all know Fergies tactic there. He was anonymous for Bury, rated "inconsistent". Jones is rated better, altough PNE are in for him too.

Shrewsbury players are a gamble, look how Chesterfield struggled.

I think he has just signed anyone avaialble, and probably paid over the odds to boot.

Lee Holmes [southampton - Preston] Free *

Scott Laird [stevenage - Preston] Free *

Richard Wright [ipswich - Preston] Free *

David Amoo [Liverpool - Preston] Free *

David Buchanan [Tranmere - Preston] Free *

Nicky Hunt [Preston- Rotherham] Free *

Shane Cansdell-Sherriff [shrewsbury - Preston North End] Undisclosed

Nicky Wroe[shrewsbury - Preston North End] Undisclosed *

Write us off at your peril, but we've signed decent League One players who are 40+ game a season players that will fight for the shirt, and are all singing from the same hymn sheet in that they all want success. The key to success is ability going forward, but leadership and commitment at the back (thus far we have signed this but expect us to sign some quality strikers to play with a very good striker in Hume) and also consistency in keeping the same team throughout, and strength in the squad when any players get injured. That's the sort of signings GW has made to reflect this plan. He's signed Laird and Buchanan for one position, in LB, after having no LB all of last season, we've got the BBC's left back of the season in this division signed up and Tranmere's player of the season signed up to fill that one position. Richard Wright has experience but he's been brought in to act as cover for Stuckmann, our player of the season (fans and players) who is a top keeper for this division. A few good signings (right back and forwards) will have us competing at the top, I'm sure of it. You must be gutted at losing Taylor and Lee though, your two best players, for nothing?

Also, the main reason I quoted this post was that we have made a further 4 signings, and released a further 14 players to what this poster has suggested. Also SCS and Wroe were also both on frees...

Jeffrey Monakana [Arsenal - Preston] Free

John Mousinho [stevenage - Preston] Free

John Welsh [Tranmere - Preston] Free

Paul Huntington [Yeovil - Preston] Free

So it's 11-0. :clint:

Edited by Joey

Write us off at your peril, but we've signed decent League One players who are 40+ game a season players that will fight for the shirt, and are all singing from the same hymn sheet in that they all want success. The key to success is ability going forward, but leadership and commitment at the back (thus far we have signed this but expect us to sign some quality strikers to play with a very good striker in Hume) and also consistency in keeping the same team throughout, and strength in the squad when any players get injured. That's the sort of signings GW has made to reflect this plan. He's signed Laird and Buchanan for one position, in LB, after having no LB all of last season, we've got the BBC's left back of the season in this division signed up and Tranmere's player of the season signed up to fill that one position. Richard Wright has experience but he's been brought in to act as cover for Stuckmann, our player of the season (fans and players) who is a top keeper for this division. A few good signings (right back and forwards) will have us competing at the top, I'm sure of it. You must be gutted at losing Taylor and Lee though, your two best players, for nothing?

Also, the main reason I quoted this post was that we have made a further 4 signings, and released a further 14 players to what this poster has suggested. Also SCS and Wroe were also both on frees...

Jeffrey Monakana [Arsenal - Preston] Free

John Mousinho [stevenage - Preston] Free

John Welsh [Tranmere - Preston] Free

Paul Huntington [Yeovil - Preston] Free

So it's 11-0. :P

Good for you. We're looking for players who are in two minds as to whether they want success.