Nah, We'd have topped the group, Ukraine second and the French out... I'd have laughed! :wink::lol:

Those results couldn't have happened, the only way for both Ukraine and us to qualify was with Ukraine winning the group having beaten us and for France to loose by a goal more than we lost by.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the subject of goaline technology perhaps we should take a leaf out of ruby's book (again) and not just decide wether the ball was over the line or not and see if at any point during the passage of play if the goal cannot be given so with regards to the example of England vs Ukraine you examine the whole move you see the ball has crossed the line but you still don't give the goal due to the offside?

Got what we deserved.

Never again will Ashley Young play so badly in four consecutive games.

There is a little bit of hope for the future. We were organised defensively and that is something to build from.

But in the end our inability to pass to a player in the same colour of shirt is shocking.

Thought Milner had an awful tournament - not sure why he's held in such high regard.

On the plus side, Welbeck was good, Johnson was our player of the tournament and we'll probably never have to offer our support to John Terry in a competition again!

John Terry who was excellent throughout the tournament, for what it was worth.

I agree, and have said so elsewhere. Much as it pains me. He would be in my tournament 11 so far. And also still in my, ":censored:head 11," were I to select such a thing.

I'm sure it will pain you even more to say that our best player was Gerrard over the tournament.

Best player so far (IMO) has been that long haired Czech lad, but I'd expect someone to step up a bit yet.

Not really, I have always held that Gerrard could be a world class player if he did the job asked. He could have been the best box to box midfielder in the world, or one of the best attacking right sided players, instead of demanding to be involved in every attacking move going on. Maybe age has brought some maturity.