• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its refreshing that the expectations of this England team are back to the pre Euro 96 levels a solid performance nothing more nothing less the ox showed some promise and its something to build on.

He looked great tonight and it's testament to him that France made sure he was fouled almost every time he got on the ball after he skinned two French players early on.

Lawrenson's a :censored:ing tool. Manages a dig at Podolski for playing for Germany rather than the country of his birth.

That's Lancashire-born former Irish international Mark Lawrenson.

Idiot.

To be fair(ish) doesnt lawro have a bomb chucking grandparent? Whereas podolski has just lived in 'germany' for over five years?

Slightly disapointed we didnt win last night. Ignoring the stats, cabaye should have had three yellows and the french nailed the ox every time he got the ball. Milners chance should have been a gol weak foot or not. france just hit it from distance all game, but they should have bagged with thier double chance from the corner. ref was a joke.

Good draw, can build on that and when we did attack, we looked dangerous. Sweden and Ukraine are not going to retain the ball so much as France, so hopefully we won't be so tired in the last half hour chasing it around. Theres no point saying thats the hard game out of the way, as we are notoriously bad at beating teams we think we 'should' beat. Keep up the hard work, keep learning and I think we could maybe get into the quarters......... Get beat by Spain, I don't think anyone will complain to much.

france just hit it from distance all game

That was why I found our defensive strategy a bit disappointing. They weren't getting into the box yet our midfield was pulling back so deep that we had a flat back 8 at times. A couple of people standing on the D would have broken their threat up easily. But overall a decent performance. WE matched them and if the ref hadn't been a :censored: we might have been able to play some more football

Nice little 2-1 to the Czech's there. I've lost a fair bit on the top goalscorer, but what the hey, I won on that.

Can't help but agree with Glossop, but the Russians look the best in the tournament so far. All be it against utter :censored: opposition, but in the friendly against Italy's first team before this started they slaughtered them.

I think it has been a decent tournament so far...

That was why I found our defensive strategy a bit disappointing. They weren't getting into the box yet our midfield was pulling back so deep that we had a flat back 8 at times. A couple of people standing on the D would have broken their threat up easily. But overall a decent performance. WE matched them and if the ref hadn't been a :censored: we might have been able to play some more football

Yeah, I think its just a case of us feeling our way in under Woy. The players were obviously given a plan, and they pretty much stuck to it. Nasri's gol was decent, but we probably should have stopped it and no doubt Parker has said something to gerrard about turning his back. Roll on Schweden.

Yeah, I think its just a case of us feeling our way in under Woy. The players were obviously given a plan, and they pretty much stuck to it. Nasri's gol was decent, but we probably should have stopped it and no doubt Parker has said something to gerrard about turning his back. Roll on Schweden.

You could see Nasri's goal before it happened; far too much space in front of him because too many England players (Gerrard, in particular) had dropped too deep.

Otherwise, I thought Hodgson got his tactics pretty much spot on and England might well have won it, with some of their second half chances (so too France).

+2.5 goals on this Denmark game and Germany to win in the other. If that doesn't come in, I'm back on the horses by weekend - bloody football.

Absolute drought since last Friday - I had the fabled 'Midas Touch'

+2.5 goals on this Denmark game and Germany to win in the other. If that doesn't come in, I'm back on the horses by weekend - bloody football.

Absolute drought since last Friday - I had the fabled 'Midas Touch'

Cher-ching!