Rotherham friendly on tour today.

Finally a run out for the lads. Glad it has been arranged. Over a week since thefirst game.

My only concern is the fact this week away has left us a week behind on transfers - I know work is done behind the scenes, but unless a player flies out to portugal he cant meet Dickov can he? Still a month til the first game mind.

For the record Im not going to the rotherham game. Boycott?! Maybe...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally a run out for the lads. Glad it has been arranged. Over a week since thefirst game.

My only concern is the fact this week away has left us a week behind on transfers - I know work is done behind the scenes, but unless a player flies out to portugal he cant meet Dickov can he? Still a month til the first game mind.

For the record Im not going to the rotherham game. Boycott?! Maybe...

Just don't go.

It's good for the Club, as I will be buying a season ticket now at full price so that I can throw it in Simon Corney's face in protest at the way this fixture has been arranged. Sensible work and I applaud the Board, who we are sometimes eager to criticise and slow to praise.

Just out of interest. Does anyone know how this trip was funded?

The youths are off to Holland on a tour also which will do them good playing older dutch sides and a different style of play. Listening to TP latics world interview I got the impression this was funded through some FA scheme (might have got it wrong) Interestingly TP mentioned that they may well adopt a Spain style formation in flooding the midfeild. Claimed they'd done this the back end of last season with good results from it. Will we see this throughout the club?.

Just out of interest. Does anyone know how this trip was funded?

The youths are off to Holland on a tour also which will do them good playing older dutch sides and a different style of play. Listening to TP latics world interview I got the impression this was funded through some FA scheme (might have got it wrong) Interestingly TP mentioned that they may well adopt a Spain style formation in flooding the midfeild. Claimed they'd done this the back end of last season with good results from it. Will we see this throughout the club?.

Youth trip funded by grant from LFE - see link

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2757000,00.html

First half: Cisak, Brown, Trialist, Tarkowski, Belezika, Furman, Trialist, Winchester, Croft, Trialist, Smith.

Second half: Bouzanis, Millar, M'voto, Mellor, Grounds, Trialist, Wesolowski, M'Changama, Hughes, Smith, Taylor.

I'm sure it was reported that we'd only taken two trialists when we departed.

Decided to boycott when he found out the amount they are gonna charge slystallone to get in!

I am with you, I am outraged that they did not consult him before cancelling the game. The very least I would expect is to preosnally call him on his mobile adn apoligise grovellingly , and inform him that he can use his season ticket voucher for the Rotherham game. And invite him in for a meal.