spells in the half we looked really good, kept the ball and zipped around confidently

solid at the back and nice to see Furman and Wes back together, liked the look of Byrne especilay when he got stuck in during the scuffle

the trilaist looked busy and wanted to be involved but wanted an extra touch most of the time, take another look but dont sign him .......yet

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like the trialist made a big impression on Dickov............

"It was outstanding for an hour and we are beginning to look fitter and fitter. "It is also pretty obvious we need to sign the Portuguese striker we have on trial."

Seems like the trialist made a big impression on Dickov............

"It was outstanding for an hour and we are beginning to look fitter and fitter. "It is also pretty obvious we need to sign the Portuguese striker we have on trial."

Get the bugger signed up then dickov before other teams start sniffing around.

Portuguese. Attacking.

...tanned and wild stab in the dark here; dark haired!

Sounds really promising, as I've said - if we can keep the 1st 1X fit and get through the majority of the season with them all together, I think we'll be on for a productive season.....the problems will be as and when injuries and suspensions start to bite.

Good to see the midfield weighing in with so many goals so far - what is it; 2 from M'Changama and 2 from Furman so far...with another 2 from Simpson? Promising

Edited by slystallone

can someone give a summary of what he is like?

Looks very good technically, trick or two up his sleeve, linked well with Simmo and Croft, decent holding the ball up too. Tried to do too much on occasions but definitely looked a player.

...tanned and wild stab in the dark here; dark haired!

Sounds really promising, as I've said - if we can keep the 1st 1X fit and get through the majority of the season with them all together, I think we'll be on for a productive season.....the problems will be as and when injuries and suspensions start to bite.

Good to see the midfield weighing in with so many goals so far - what is it; 2 from M'Changama and 2 from Furman so far...with another 2 from Simpson? Promising

Should we be worried about the lack of goals from Smith and Taylor?

Suppose it's only pre-season anyway with still 2 games to go...

Should we be worried about the lack of goals from Smith and Taylor?

Suppose it's only pre-season anyway with still 2 games to go...

I'd be a bit worried if those two were leading our forward line together from the start,though I'm hoping the Leon Clarke deal isn't dead in the water yet.Clarke with Simpson in the hole behind would be decent.

The trialist looked good, neat and tidy and decent hold up play. BUT and it's a big but, he was never in the box and imho is not what we need. We need a goalscorer this lad is another link striker. For me it's a no based on the 70 minutes I have seen of him. BUT PD is keen so we'll see whether he has goals in his locker, i'm not convinced but happy to be proved wrong, we still need that out and out goalscorer who is IN THE BOX!

However, Byron Walker the lad from Herne Bay came on for the last 20 and looked very good, skilful, quick and not afraid to shoot. Think JJ when he initially arrived from Bolton, he played in Simpson's role and definitely worth another look.

Standouts were Furman and Wes, Wes sitting deep allowing Furman a free role and he ripped them a new one. Simpson looked sharp and Croft had a hand in all three goals. At the back we looked comfortable and Byrne looks smaller than I remember, he looked good at RB. Grounds impressed again. Not getting carried away with a friendly, but the most pleasing aspect was our tempo for that first 55 minutes, Fleetwood for all their big-spending simply couldn't handle the crispness of our passing, our movement and our desire to win the ball back. It's a shame the season is still a fortnight away, but the two friendlies next week will give us the sterner test we need.

As for Smith and Taylor, they looked off the pace but both were introduced into a disjointed young team after the game had already been won and most had already exited for a rest. Croft looks like he will rip this division a new one.

Edited by oafcprozac

Agreed,the Portuguese lad looked good on the ball & skilful but not convinced he's the goal scoring striker we need to play alongside Simpson.Looked like he might do a job on the left wing though.

Was impressed with Mchangama last night,linked up really well going forward and played some lovely flicks.

If a forward creates decent chances for others (including midfielders breaking forward) and is a 90 minutes handful for defenders then a return of 5 or 6 goals a season would be fine for me.

So long as there's a goal poacher to play along side him to score the bulk of the goals then fine.

So long as there's a goal poacher to play along side him to score the bulk of the goals then fine.

No, as long as someone scores the goals then it's fine. If a team has two or three midfielders & wide players that can break double figures then they're harder to contain than a team that relies on a single player to score most of their goals. The way our player search seems to be going would seem to indicate (as you'd expect) that any forward capable of 15+ would be very costly regardless of their age. Wouldn't be surprised if our remaining signings are a wide player and the Portuguese trialist striker.

No, as long as someone scores the goals then it's fine. If a team has two or three midfielders & wide players that can break double figures then they're harder to contain than a team that relies on a single player to score most of their goals. The way our player search seems to be going would seem to indicate (as you'd expect) that any forward capable of 15+ would be very costly regardless of their age. Wouldn't be surprised if our remaining signings are a wide player and the Portuguese trialist striker.

I'd agree again if I thought we had the midfielders to chip in with that kind of tally.In my opinion our only midfielder capable of that left for pastures new to Millwall.

I'd agree again if I thought we had the midfielders to chip in with that kind of tally.In my opinion our only midfielder capable of that left for pastures new to Millwall.

Deano's on fire! Croft will get a few and I think M'Changama might chip in. The lad who came on last night (walker from Herne Bay?) didn't look afraid to have a go either. I expect us to be better from set pieces with Tarky, JYM and Byrne so if the Portuguese lad scores a few and creates some we'll be reasonably potent. I think we'll be better at the back to as Byrne (if he plays right back) and Grounds will be better defensively than last year's options. Promotion it is then.