Reuben Reid hits hat trick

I see Reuben Reid scored at hat trick for Yeovil today in their 5-0 demolition of Plymouth Argyle.

Marsh - Brown was also on the score sheet - this after scoring 2 goals in a previous friendly match.

Opinions may differ on here as to whether PD was right to let them go ?

I see Reuben Reid scored at hat trick for Yeovil today in their 5-0 demolition of Plymouth Argyle.

Marsh - Brown was also on the score sheet - this after scoring 2 goals in a previous friendly match.

Opinions may differ on here as to whether PD was right to let them go ?

definatly right to let them both go based on attitude and form. Doesn't mean it won't come back to haunt us.

Don't rate him. Never did. And a couple of friendlies won't change my opinion. I'll be surprised if he gets into double figures in the league this coming season.

i rated him as a talented footballer but it didnt work out foir him here but in the right team i think he will do very well

is that yeovil? time will tell

as for the attitude argument - just because a footballer doesnt run around like a paul warne doesnt mean he has a bad attitude, this gets rolled out every time a player does not do fantastic at our club and its bollocks

kuqi did well last season, now he had an attitude! from minute one until his contract expired!

the only difference is one was fairly successful

Edited by palmer1

How'd you work that out? He barely made a public utterance for the first few weeks, didn't stop running, and never slagged anyone else off. Different kettle of fish entirely.

Reid didnt slag anyone off never made a public utterance at all and didnt do as much running

different kettle of fish?

one fairly successful one not

whats the difference?

i rated him as a talented footballer but it didnt work out foir him here but in the right team i think he will do very well

is that yeovil? time will tell

as for the attitude argument - just because a footballer doesnt run around like a paul warne doesnt mean he has a bad attitude, this gets rolled out every time a player does not do fantastic at our club and its bollocks

kuqi did well last season, now he had an attitude! from minute one until his contract expired!

the only difference is one was fairly successful

I was referring to KMB in regards to attitude. Reid was just over weight and unfit which will be the reason for his poor form. Edited by welshgaz

I was referring to KMB in regards to attitude. Reid was just over weight and unfit which will be the reason for his poor form.

fair enough mate, didnt read it correctly

however Reids attitude has been mentioned on here previously so my point still stands

Agree with you absolutely on the Paul Warne comment.

But not sure what Kuqi did wrong other than have a massive loss of form and a manager who wouldn't drop him when he needed it.

My concern with Reid was more his fitness and injury record, which Kuqi didn't have a problem with.

Agree with you absolutely on the Paul Warne comment.

But not sure what Kuqi did wrong other than have a massive loss of form and a manager who wouldn't drop him when he needed it.

My concern with Reid was more his fitness and injury record, which Kuqi didn't have a problem with.

for me Kuqis attitude was summed up by the way he played the game in form or out of form

he never played a simple pass - he would not lay off to the fullback when needed, it was always a glory pass that 10/10 failed

he worked his arse off but it was almost like he didnt rate half of his tam mates - he didnt enjoy it here because he didnt think we where good enough for him

its the same reason his golas dried up, he started working for himself rather than the team, he then found himself constantly out of position and out of goals

and he argued aand kicked the ball away constantly - he behaved like a child especilally when it didnt go his way!

I wouldn't read too much into a one off friendly performance.

Both of them are at last chance saloon or they will be playing pub football next season so its no surprise they have started with a bang because if the have any sense (especially Reid) they will have ensured they stayed fit throughout the summer.

Both reasonably talented but both need to put more application into doing the job and keeping fitness / attitude right.

Tom Eaves scored a pre-season hattrick against (then) premiership opposition...........and hadn't socred a league goal prior or since.

Nothing to see here - lets see how many he has come the end of the season

and for the record, I thought Reid was decent player when fit.

Tom Eaves scored a pre-season hattrick against (then) premiership opposition...........and hadn't socred a league goal prior or since.

Nothing to see here - lets see how many he has come the end of the season

and for the record, I thought Reid was decent player when fit.

I see Eaves has played in both Bolton's first team squad pre season friendlies, not figured on the scoresheet though.

Both have the potential to score goals in this league. Always liked Reid in how he played the game but his fitness was pretty appalling for a professional athlete. If he get anything other than minor injuries during the season he'll be facing an uphill struggle like he did with us.

KMB, well he has the football brain of a 5 year old child with ADD but he has loads of pace and can beat a man and often that's all you need in this division. If Yeovil can keep him on task instead of spending most of his time pretending he's kanye west he may do pretty well for them. Jermaine Johnson is a pretty fitting example of the way this sort of player can turn things round.

Always thought Reid was good when fit, but never was so glad he is gone.

KMB all the talent but no application and sounds like an absolute prick - if a manager sorts his head out I am sure he can be a star at this level, but could never see it working out here with Dickov so good riddance to him too.