• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we're meant to be after now is that old chestnut of Lee Hughes if you believe the www.oafc.co.uk forum - would tie in with Lee Sinnott's 'we're after a grade A bell end' comment i suppose.

Too old for me but yes i'd have him, reckon he'd still score goals if given the service.

Bad egg for the squad though??

PD out of options??

only difference between him and Kuqi playing-wise is he would be in the box when we attack and could potentially work well off of the other strikers.

Hmmmm................

Notts County are binning him, nice pay off of his last year means he'll be on magic beans. New baby in tow with new wife, supposed to be a good tee-total boy now after the 'Christmas Incident' but according to Keith Curle his back is fooked - Hughes denies this and reckons he's fighting fit.

Edited by oafcprozac

thing is i'm sure PD will know all about him from simply word of mouth between colleagues in the game and most of all from Corney himself.

As much as i think he COULD get goals for us i'd rather have a willing trier than Kuqi than all the hassle he brings with him in general, whether it is overexaggerated ala the headlock incident, or not.

Byrne as the CB, another left winger and a striker and we're ok to go i'd imagine with a couple of favours of loanees along the season where we can get them.

Hughes did nowt of note really last season but i think in the right team he'd get goals for us - question is does PD go along with the baggage and take a risk that he tows the line and doesn't suddenly go off on one and ruin the squad spirit as was rumoured last time around??

over to you PD

Best thing Royle did in his second spell here was shipping him out, yes it was cutting our nose off to spite our face, but morally the club regained a little of its' self-respect after the toe-rag helped drag the club through the mill.

I was told at the time that one of the main reasons JR was brought back was to get rid of the "deadwood" as he was the only person other than Stitch who could dump our top scorer without getting slaughtered by the fans. Surely there's not a chance Corney would go anywhere near him, moreso after his apparent antics with Hardy.

The original place I heard this rumour is from a bloke who regularly makes believable nonsense up and had recently admitted to doing so in regard to a former Tottenham player. I'll believe we are signing that grade A cock, who should still be trying to protect his arse in prison, when his picture appears on the official website with signed/returned nearby.

I've Heard this too. Would be delighted to have him for a season!

Likewise! If he needs picking up i'm all over it. I don't care about his previous term at the club and any behavioural issues, i'm just sick of watching half decent football with absolutely no end product. For all his other faults, he knows where the net is...