Why did no-one clear the ball?

Just watched the first one, wasn't even alive when it happened but that was awful.. great strike by Hughes but someone should have cleared it..

Interestingly enough though, if that game had finished on the night and gone to penalties, would we have had a chance in the final had we got through? Was it Everton in the final that year?

Just watched the first one, wasn't even alive when it happened but that was awful.. great strike by Hughes but someone should have cleared it..

Interestingly enough though, if that game had finished on the night and gone to penalties, would we have had a chance in the final had we got through? Was it Everton in the final that year?

Chelsea.

We spent a good few mins clearing the ball only a few yards if I remember rightly, until then Man U hadn't been a threat and Sharp had just missed a sitter which would had won us the game.

As for the Final, it was Chelsea and DennOs Wise had said they wanted Man U rather than us as we had beaten them home and away. Man U trounced them.

why do that to us? :(

The city video made up for it though.

Fraid I have to disagree.

The Hughes goal can legitimately be said to have altered the course of Latics' history. A certain FA Cup Final appearance taken away - and European football if we had won that.

And the impact it had on our League form probably cost us staying up.

Beating City ? Yes it was good but fairly transient...

Fraid I have to disagree.

The Hughes goal can legitimately be said to have altered the course of Latics' history. A certain FA Cup Final appearance taken away - and European football if we had won that.

And the impact it had on our League form probably cost us staying up.

Beating City ? Yes it was good but fairly transient...

Yeah, suppose so!

Maybe 'made up for it' was abit too much.

It cheered me up a little then!

Just found this on youtooob.

Edited by AnthonyOAFC

We spent a good few mins clearing the ball only a few yards if I remember rightly, until then Man U hadn't been a threat and Sharp had just missed a sitter which would had won us the game.

As for the Final, it was Chelsea and DennOs Wise had said they wanted Man U rather than us as we had beaten them home and away. Man U trounced them.

This.

If we had carried on playing the football we had done for 9/10ths of the match instead of just trying to hack the ball clear....................................