176 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of this design?

• Yeah - it looks mint
    • Nah - it's not right

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's more to this than meets the eye, if there's no changing rooms in the new stand, then what's gonna happen when the current main stand gets redone? Portacabin on sheepfoot lane? Either this or the main stand will not be a complete new build. But still doesn't make sense as the stand will have to be closed while work is being done.

Personally dont like the enclosed boxes much better like MEN arena with an outside area/balcony even folding doors.

There is a balcony in front of the boxes, at the back of the terrace, it was said most people would watch the game from there. Exec boxes are only on the middle level.

Edited by LeeAnt

I think there's more to this than meets the eye, if there's no changing rooms in the new stand, then what's gonna happen when the current main stand gets redone? Portacabin on sheepfoot lane? Either this or the main stand will not be a complete new build. But still doesn't make sense as the stand will have to be closed while work is being done.

Is the current main stand getting redone? because their are no plans and once this stand has been built I doubt their will be any money left from the Failsworth Land deal to build another stand.

Is the current main stand getting redone? because their are no plans and once this stand has been built I doubt their will be any money left from the Failsworth Land deal to build another stand.

Build the new stand.

Generate £millions from off field activity.

Spend those £millions on the main stand.

Eventually.

Build the new stand.

Generate £millions from off field activity.

Spend those £millions on the main stand.

Eventually.

In an ever negative world - can't see this happening.

Plans have left me gutted more than excited - looking down more than looking up it seems.

It puts the football club into the position of being a saleable asset for the current owners.

That's what it's all about.

I understand that and i'll thank them for all they've done when they do sell the club.

But it seems like a very sub-standard stand, surely logic would tell us that we should put some changing rooms, new shop etc into the new stand rather than keeping the crap on the other side - thus allowing a flat pack standard Shrewsbury stand to be built on the site of the existing main stand.

Oh well - let's do the business on the pitch.

I think the main stand isnt being demolished, just stripped and built up again, thats what he was suggesting when i suggested moving the new stand back to allow room for main stand development, however main stand will have seats going further back.

I was expecting a new main stand, but this is a new Broadway stand.

I'd also want to know where the changing rooms, physio room, club shop and ticket office would be if the (old) main stand is 'stripped and built up again'. Could this be done during a summer?

However, the plans are miles better than what we have at the moment!!

I understand that and i'll thank them for all they've done when they do sell the club.

Not quite what I was getting at. In its current state, the football club is worthless. Nobody wants to buy it and the current owners are losing money. With an income generating stand in place, albeit one built on the cheap, the club (theoretically) becomes more interesting to investors. TTA can get shut of it and let somebody else step in to (hopefully) take the club forwards.

But it seems like a very sub-standard stand

It is what it is. My instinct is to remain sat in the RRE. But this stand is about generating revenue when there isn't a football match taking place - 340 days of the year.

surely logic would tell us that we should put some changing rooms, new shop etc into the new stand rather than keeping the crap on the other side

Changing rooms generate no income. A new shop would be unlikely to increase sales over and above what we have now. If you want to make the club more saleable invest your capital in money making.

thus allowing a flat pack standard Shrewsbury stand to be built on the site of the existing main stand.

It gives any potential new owner more choice and flexibility. But my guess is we'll have a portacabin near a corner flag in the not too distant future.

I was expecting a new main stand, but this is a new Broadway stand.

I'd also want to know where the changing rooms, physio room, club shop and ticket office would be if the (old) main stand is 'stripped and built up again'. Could this be done during a summer?

However, the plans are miles better than what we have at the moment!!

If the current main is stripped and built up again, if it is to remain two tiers, it's probably possible to get the lower tier done during the summer which would be around 3 months, possibly be able to strech it to 4 if the club can agree to swap the home fixtures around with the opposition club to be able to get it completed..

why do people want a full stand with "corner bits" right away when its going to be a massive expense when we cant even fill the current 3 sided ground at the moment?

is it just because it looks better?

because it sends out a message of ambition?

because you dont care if we waste money?

Having looked at the plans on here tonight, I’ll give my general thoughts and concerns with this new stand:

Gym – This will benefit the club but with the rival DW Sports across the road with pool, sauna etc I wonder how many customers we could attract

Capacity of 13,000 – I personally think that is the right amount of seats but I wouldn’t hold my breath about the corners being filled in the future!

Car Park – Great that we are finally going to get a tarmac car park but it’ll hold sub 300 cars if the spaces shown are the only spaces

Supporters Bar – Great addition especially if it’s similar to Fleetwood’s which FWP designed

Office Space – There’s a lot of it which is fine but is it the clubs or is it to be rented out? Can the ground floor offices incorporate the facilities of the main stand such as the ticket office?

Function Room – Good sized room, it should incorporate a bar to cash in from weddings / christenings / birthday parties

Other stuff of note:

TV Camera’s - I prefer us to show off our new shiny stand by sticking the cameras in the Main Stand so I’m happy with no gantry in the new stand

Floodlights – I thought they would have lights on the roof as the Main Stand does now, however they’d be pretty easy to install if they haven’t allowed for it

But, after all that, it looks like a really smart modern stand which with the location of Boundary Park It will be successful off the field.

Can you have a wedding reception in the new stand? Can you have a sixth form prom or a corporate Christmas do? If so, it's a winner.

And while I liked the old plans for the all singing all dancing 6,000 seater Broadway stand we are where we are. Generate new income. Seats in the ground won't do that. Non-match day facilities will.

But it seems like a very sub-standard stand, surely logic would tell us that we should put some changing rooms, new shop etc into the new stand rather than keeping the crap on the other side - thus allowing a flat pack standard Shrewsbury stand to be built on the site of the existing main stand.

Oh well - let's do the business on the pitch.

Logic is not splurging out on what you can't afford.