New Stand Proposal

New Stand Proposal  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of this design?

• Yeah - it looks mint
    • Nah - it's not right

Wash your mouth out. Fosters is awful, for a supposedly Aussie Beer it's strange how so few pubs in Oz stock it and so few people drink it.

If doable I think a bar open when Oldham play with commentary for away games might bring in a bit more money.

Plus what does a 17 year old know about drinking/pubs, when I was that age the best pub was the one that served me.

i know that Aldi beer i had the other day was quite nice too :wink:

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's for match days and events only it could actually make sense to get some random beers in as a one off, as ou ouldn't want to be storing much of it to go off over the next 2 weeks.

it should be a 7 day thing and serve good food!

Damn, we should have a TGI Friday's in this stand!

Looks terrible. Filling a big space with windows. I guess it's better than no stand - the only reason I'd say "Yes."

Reminds me a lot of the BayArena.

levrmag4.jpg

Wow, almost indentikit!!!!!

Its growing on me though, like this view

bayarena.jpg

PS Note the scoreboard....!

Edited by singe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any stand will do. having only 3 stands is embarrasing. Also can we have a new main stand next then new chaddy end so we can watch the game without support columns spoiling the view.

Are you paying for all that? Nice one!

The biggest issue with the Chaddy is the arseholes in row N standing up for no apparent reason and ineffective stewards failing to get them sat down again. Fine if we're mounting an attack. But all game? Really? Knobs.

Edited by opinions4u

Hmm..

didn't they say they were sending it off in September or haven't they stated when it's to be sent?

On 20th August, the Frank Whittle Partnership said “the revised planning application will be submitted to Oldham Council in the next few weeks”.

On 22nd August, under the misleading heading “Latics stand plan goes to planning”, the rarely wrong Chron reported “The fate of Latics’ proposed £5 million stand could be decided by Oldham Planning Committee next month”.

Everything comes to those who wait.....patience is a virtue.

It may have gone to the council for pre-application advice on 22nd August. As for being decided by council, whenever the plans get submitted they have to have at least 4 weeks of consultation. The statutory timeline for planning decisions is 8 weeks for most and 13 weeks for major projects (which this may full under). However, if it goes to committee then it could be a bit earlier than this but it will more than likely be a couple of months after submission.

Next 5 Planning Committee dates are:

14th November

19th December

16th January

13th Feb

13th March

So if it goes in now the earliest we would have a decision is likely to be the 19th December, I reckon if it goes in any time after the 26th of this month we could be looking at January at the earliest.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to keep up-to-date, the planning application for the new stand still hasn't been submitted to the Council.

However a planning application was submitted on 18th October for the erection of a two storey building consisting of a Renal Haemodialysis unit to the ground floor (Class D1) and independent office facilities to the first floor (Class B1) and associated car parking and delivery areas. | Land Adjacent OAFC Boundary Park, Sheepfoot Lane. The target date for determination of the application is 17th January 2013. The applicant's name is not stated on the Council's website, but the Agent is Mr Martin Mason of CTD Architects, Leek, staffs.