Tarkowski

Madine, who Wednesday paid as much for as we loose in a season was in his pocket until he was dragged off.

Tarky is still young and is still learning the game, playing alongside Byrne who was never that quick will help. But I do think that the back four that started tonight is a bit too slow for this league.

I think the problem is as much his physical stature (which will improve with age) and even moreso the lack of understanding with Mvoto (which Mvoto needs to take equal responsibility for). He was left isolated like a rabbit in the headlights too often.

Honestly I don't want to pick on anyone but I'm really bored of the excuse that their young so give them time. Technically he's OK but can't defend and what concerns me doesn't look like he will or the coaching staff can assist him. I really hope I'm wrong.

Honestly I don't want to pick on anyone but I'm really bored of the excuse that their young so give them time. Technically he's OK but can't defend and what concerns me doesn't look like he will or the coaching staff can assist him. I really hope I'm wrong.

So in your job you don't learn from experience then. As the great Oscar Wilde once said "Experience is the name we give to our mistakes"

Madine, who Wednesday paid as much for as we loose in a season was in his pocket until he was dragged off.

Tarky is still young and is still learning the game, playing alongside Byrne who was never that quick will help. But I do think that the back four that started tonight is a bit too slow for this league.

Slow?

i thought time had stopped at points during that second half tonight!

he got out muscled at times but it was the whole of the back 4 that looked troubled in that second half but.......

if your manager cant see that the flow is coming from midfield and the wings constantly over and over and does nothing about it what can they do?

Dave Jones changed their side and their problems stopped, we made a like for like and then removed a fullback which only assisted them more IMO

Edited by palmer1

he's a good player, and will be a better one.

but... compared to wednesday's attack of proven players in this league and the one above he stood no chance.

at the end when he was covering RB+CB, he was beaten for pace for their fourth. if there was a RB covering aswell i doubt antonio would have got through.

got shown up against a big, strong, fast team. most in L1 are one or two of those, not all three. he'll get better as the season goes on

Crying out for Connor Brown's pace at RB, Byrne at CB although he lost COG for 2-2, said I like Tarky but if he plays he will cost us goals most weeks that was a pisspoor effort for the 4th goal and he was :censored:e along with Cusak for the 3rd

Played some great stuff but silly mistakes and a lack of a plan b cost us

-

Crying out for Connor Brown's pace at RB, Byrne at CB although he lost COG for 2-2, said I like Tarky but if he plays he will cost us goals most weeks that was a pisspoor effort for the 4th goal and he was :censored:e along with Cusak for the 3rd

Played some great stuff but silly mistakes and a lack of a plan b cost us

-

at least that may throw a few of Cisak's scent. garbage tonight.

Learn from experience? That's exactly my point it's not fair to Tarkowski to keep putting him in the firing line without any improvement. For a 19 year old he's got a great attitude and commitment and I like and respect that.

However, it's on the training ground and in the reserves he needs to learn not in games like tonight. I'm optimistic about the season even though I'm like most of us and scared after over 30 years as a season ticket holder.

Hope not, but fans should be able to pass comment without it being classed as a witchhunt.

As long as fans don't get on his back in games, that does no good at all.

Totally agree never booed a player during a game and never will but....... we need to be honest especially with ourselves.

Edited by rclegg

he got out muscled at times but it was the whole of the back 4 that looked troubled in that second half

Agree with this.

I thought Tarky had a good first half and a poor second half, but he shouldn't be singled out as the rest of the back 5 was the same.

I think he's been developing well over the past couple of years and one bad half against Championship opposition hasn't changed that opinion.

Learn from experience? That's exactly my point it's not fair to Tarkowski to keep putting him in the firing line without any improvement. For a 19 year old he's got a great attitude and commitment and I like and respect that.

However, it's on the training ground and in the reserves he needs to learn not in games like tonight. I'm optimistic about the season even though I'm like most of us and scared after over 30 years as a season ticket holder.

Tarky has impressed the coaching staff in training though. Hence why he is one of our starting CBs. He is going to learn more by playing against O'Grady than most of our forward players, Slew possibly aside.

I thought Byrne was bought to be in the Gregan mould, vastly experienced at centre back . Then Brown would be full back & Tarks would be 3rd choice on the bench with less pressure .... but it appears not.

I think we're going with Byrne at right back for the first 2 games because of the quality of opposition, to have a really solid back 4. And then we'll unleash the attack-minded Brown on Stevenage

James Tarkowski@Tarky19

Disappointing result after a good first half. Not happy with some parts of my game, need to be worked on.

I think we're going with Byrne at right back for the first 2 games because of the quality of opposition, to have a really solid back 4. And then we'll unleash the attack-minded Brown on Stevenage

James Tarkowski@Tarky19

Disappointing result after a good first half. Not happy with some parts of my game, need to be worked on.

As long as he acknowledges his shortcomings then that's admirable, hope plenty of hard work pays off for him.

James Tarkowski@Tarky19

I'm sure he doesn't, but Tarky shouldn't take the criticism to heart. Tarky's form dropped to the worst it's been towards the end of last season, yet Dickov seems not to have taken this as a sign that he's not the finished article yet, but as a sign that he should be our first-choice centre-back.

Tarky seems to be bearing the brunt of criticism that really should be aimed at Dickov for realising he isn't ready to be first-choice. I'm actually wondering if letting Diamond go was the best decision in the world too...

Edited by JoeP

I'm not saying Tarky covered himself in glory tonight, although his challenge to get the ball back that led to M'Voto's goal was great.

But he doesn't deserve a critical thread of his own when our goalkeeper was the one who brought them back into the game with a real howler.

So that's one route into the Europa League closed.

Let's concentrate on the league now.