M'Changama's fast at an end

Another false accusation. I very clearly stated that I am all for people doing what they want with their lives until it impacts other people. In this case I see it as impacting on his job responsibilities.

To some people there's more to life than a job? Maybe not to you? He clearly takes his religion very seriously, and push come to shove he'd choose it over latics (which is very understandable).

I think you forget it is actually just a job to him?

I need to be at my best at work, yet at the weekend I'll get hammered at the pub on a Saturday and try to recover Sunday. Sometimes on a Monday I still feel :censored: and yeah I'm probably having an impact on my job to some extent (however little) but so what? It's my life.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happen to know a good number of Muslims that the Ramandan is the most sacres part of the year. Its not just about fasting, its about all parts of your life being undertaken better, being more polite to people for example.

The point is, no-one can expect to be perfect 365 years.

And some people can postpose parts till later, so there is a good change ( i don't know for certain) that he took in water on the days he played, and so added those days at the end of Ramadan. Hence why Ramadan ended a week ago and he has just finished

So if its not about religion, how come you have not mentioned anyone else. Like the players going to Nando's for example.........

Oh, and calling anyoen a child who disagrees with you? What's that all about?

Edited by singe

I happen to know a good number of Muslims that the Ramandan is the most sacres part of the year. Its not just about fasting, its about all parts of your life being undertaken better, being more polite to people for example.

The point is, no-one can expect to be perfect 365 years.

And some people can postpose parts till later, so there is a good change ( i don't know for certain) that he took in water on the days he played, and so added those days at the end of Ramadan. Hence why Ramadan ended a week ago and he has just finished

So if its not about religion, how come you have not mentioned anyone else. Like the players going to Nando's for example.........

Did you mean days Singe ?

I did talk about general negative dietry issues.

That's not what I did. When did I do that?

I called people childish for acting childishly. For throwing mindless, hit and run insults or insinuations of my "agenda" at me. For shying away from arguing in a rational way, or acknowledging a point, whenever I countered a point that they made, and instead resorting to brief unsubstantiated statements of their disagreement or the down rep button. In short, using the worst kind of debating tactics imaginable.

I called people childish for acting childishly. For throwing mindless, hit and run insults or insinuations of my "agenda" at me. For shying away from arguing in a rational way, or acknowledging a point, whenever I countered a point that they made, and instead resorting to brief unsubstantiated statements of their disagreement or the down rep button. In short, using the worst kind of debating tactics imaginable.

But there are several contexts, are there not?

So, rather than taking the player out, lets try and get back to tackling the ball.

So I have a different experience than you, of a number of people that take the whole Ramadan experience in context of a whole year, and seriosuly (to the point of not swallowing their own spit during rRamadan) . Not just picking and choosing, and therefore I assert it is remiss of you to dismiss a whole religious activity and I feel a wholer religion, on on the basis of your own limited experiences of it?

So, rather than taking the player out, lets try and get back to tackling the ball.

So I have a different experience than you, of a number of people that take the whole Ramadan experience in context of a whole year, and seriosuly (to the point of not swallowing their own spit during rRamadan) . Not just picking and choosing, and therefore I assert it is remiss of you to dismiss a whole religious activity and I feel a wholer religion, on on the basis of your own limited experiences of it?

When the :censored: did this happen????

I love it when people get offended and get their knickers in a twist about religion. :applause1:

It's easily done. Even many non religious get super defensive whenever anything remotely related to religion is brought up critically. And bizarrely for some reason, according to many of the children on here, to be critical of anything religious, is to be phobic of or anti religion.

It's never ceases to amaze me.

Guest Scratch2000uk

It always makes me smile when I read about others being offended for others who probably wouldn't be offended anyway.

Offence by proxy. :laught30:

Seems to have turned into a bit of a witch hunt this.

Possibillity that his dietary habits would have an adverse effect, not an issue for me though. His beliefs must've been known before he signed and no doubt would've been accepted as 'part of the deal'.

Whilst I reckon He's got every right to fulfil what's obviously a mandatory part of his life, the question itself seemed reasonable enough to ask.

I feel like I've possibly missed the point?

On the plus side, if there's on more to come from M'Changama then it's good news as He's been as decent as anyone

I've already acknowledged a few points that I agreed with on this very thread, Next mindless accusation?

So you are calling me "mindless"?

Look, lets make it simple. Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong.

Try looking at it from M'Changama's point of view, you might understand it more.

Seems to have turned into a bit of a witch hunt this.

Possibillity that his dietary habits would have an adverse effect, not an issue for me though. His beliefs must've been known before he signed and no doubt would've been accepted as 'part of the deal'.

Whilst I reckon He's got every right to fulfil what's obviously a mandatory part of his life, the question itself seemed reasonable enough to ask.

I feel like I've possibly missed the point?

On the plus side, if there's on more to come from M'Changama then it's good news as He's been as decent as anyone

No. I think you got the point well enough. Even if your stance is different to mine. I do however agree that all is fair with regards his signing, and that the management will have weighed this up before his signing.

For the record, my girlfriend disagrees with some of my concerns too. I just see it as a matter of whether you think he's being professional or not.

So you are calling me "mindless"?

Your accusation was

Look, lets make it simple. Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong.

Try looking at it from M'Changama's point of view, you might understand it more.

I can see his point of view, and obviously it makes no sense to me. Try looking at it from a truly neutral/apathetic view of religious ritual and you might understand my own point of view.

I also see that these guys are lucky enough to gifted enough be able to play the greatest game in the world for a decent living. Why would you not want to max out your potential by doing everything right. You only get one life. You only get one career. Make the most of it. That's my point of view anyway.

Your accusation was

I can see his point of view, and obviously it makes no sense to me. Try looking at it from a truly neutral/apathetic view of religious ritual and you might understand my own point of view.

I also see that these guys are lucky enough to gifted enough be able to play the greatest game in the world for a decent living. Why would you not want to max out your potential by doing everything right. You only get one life. You only get one career. Make the most of it. That's my point of view anyway.

I ask you again to look, a bit harder this time, from his point of view.

Conversely to your point of view a football career ( one month of it) is a mere blink of an eye in his lifetime affirmation to Islam.

To pick up on your earlier point, you criticised those Muslims that " pick and choose" which bits to follow, and yet you critisicise M'Changama for not picking and choosing to abstain a major tenet of his religion.

If he abstained from Ramadan he might as well not call himself Muslim.