M'Changama's fast at an end

Time to repeat this I think

This thread was always likely to be :censored: since certain people go on the attack whenever religion is brought into a topic, and then I am forced into defensive mode to clarify positions I have already made clear several times over.

:sign0068:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on. Ramadan ended on the day of the MK game, but M'changama drank on that day due to it being a league game. So he extended it to Monday and finished it then. That means he was able to drink on the day of the game at MK and then the other two games were fine as Ramadan had ended. So what the :censored: are you moaning about?

Or have I just completely missed the point in this thread?

. Do we know if he could have played better or worse? No we don't. Logic would say that he would play better with regular patterns of food, but some people feel "closer to god" and able to do things they otherwise wouldn't. That is something I personally csnnot comment on as I have never once felt in anyway spiratual (sp).

Personally I'm willing to look at how a player is playing at the time - he's playing ok. That'll do for me.

So for us numpties on here, what is your point in this thread?

Players being professional.

Athletes eating and drinking as if they are.....erm.....athletes

16 hours of fasting per day is going to affect your energy levels negatively.

This is NOT about the side issue of religion or islam, or the fallacy of comparing performances of players with each other, or from match to match, or any other such red herring

I doubt many of you would lack the integrity to act so childishly if you were talking with me in person. At least I hope you wouldn't.

I'm tired of the mindless accusations and insults, having to repeat easily digestable points, the strawman arguments and seeing people too cowardly to make VALID points resort to automatic nay saying or down repping my posts. All because I dared to bring up a topic related to something you consider taboo. It's pathetic. If you don't agree with someone then at least have the courage to explain why LOGICALLY, or stay out of it. That is how an adult conversation is supposed to be handled. Put up or shut up.

This is not what I signed up to this forum for. If you people can't handle civil discourse, then don't expect me to try either.

There's just far too many children on here. Go play on your own. I'm done.

I haven't found it "taboo" whatsoever. UI don't think anyone has, unless you have wanted it to be? Maybe, I don't know.

You have made your points. I agree with some. Not with others. I haven't maed any accusations or insulted you. It was a conversation.

I haven't found it "taboo" whatsoever. UI don't think anyone has, unless you have wanted it to be? Maybe, I don't know.

You have made your points. I agree with some. Not with others. I haven't maed any accusations or insulted you. It was a conversation.

I wasn't having a go at you pukka. You were quite respectful. You aren't one of the children on here. I wish I could say the same for some others.

And i'm not just saying this about this thread. I've being having the same problem, whenever I bring up a "touchy" subject, for a number of years. Some people simply can't handle polite conversation.

I would think the manager would have known that he'd be fasting when we signed him. So the club can't really have any issues with him.

But, I think that this type of thing would be a consideration when signing players, along with thing like if your players are going to bob off every year for a couple of months to play in the African Nations.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I wasn't having a go at you pukka. You were quite respectful. You aren't one of the children on here. I wish I could say the same for some others.

And i'm not just saying this about this thread. I've being having the same problem, whenever I bring up a "touchy" subject, for a number of years. Some people simply can't handle polite conversation.

I assume this refers, at least inter alia, to me. I don't think I was disrespectful. I just think you're looking to criticise something that really isn't there and that there's an agenda behind it that you're not admitting to.

And to refer to others as pathetic and childish in your 'it's my ball and I'm taking it home' sign-off post is laughable.

Argument picked out of nothing. I understand what Phil was getting at - we all do.

He was simply asking should there be a clear divide between being an intense athlete and following a religious tradition. Personally, I don't see it as a major issue. I've eaten three or four meals in a day and still felt sluggish. I'm sure M'Changama is a clever lad and ate the correct foods when he did eat, such as high-energy carbs etc.

To the lad who claimed Islamaphobia, you was completely out of place to say such a thing. Said face to face, someone would plant you one. I know I'd take huge offence.

Backed into a corner, Phil may well have said a few things beyond his initial and intended point. But I got bored of reading.

So, in a nutshell. Phil starts a thread that's far from ambiguous which can easily misconstrued as having bigoted or faintly-racist undertones (ie questioning a player's religion-related choice, this time fasting).

People question Phil on this, some going so far to hint at a bigoted or xenophobic agenda.

Phil doesn't nothing really to dissuade that notion, only choosing to fan the flames some more.

Phil then gets fed upb at one person's line of questioning and goes on that old "You wouldn't say that to me face to face now, would ya!? WOULD YA!??"".

There's a fair few facepalms on this thread Phil lad.

#phonenumber

Guest Scratch2000uk

Islamophobia, always seems to get a mention during a thread that dares mention Islam, in anything but a positive light.

Phil, from what i gather on this thread, some think you're an Islamophobe, theophobe, or in some way anti-muslim. Don't expect them to admit it to you though. :pray:

I assume this refers, at least inter alia, to me. I don't think I was disrespectful. I just think you're looking to criticise something that really isn't there and that there's an agenda behind it that you're not admitting to.

And to refer to others as pathetic and childish in your 'it's my ball and I'm taking it home' sign-off post is laughable.

Nothing is more laughable than your attitude. I countered every question and statement you made to me, but instead of rationalising a response or acknowledging my point, you run and hide behind the down rep button, or brief and unsubstantiated statements

How you got to be an admin is beyond me. To insinuate that I have an agenda without any logical reason to suggest that I have, is cowardly in the extreme. You resort instead to idly guessing my state of mind and deliberately trying to antagonise a response. You wouldn't dare say it to my face, and if you knew the slightest thing about me, you would know how ludicrous your accusations are. Other people know not to do that, and understand the line between what they can reasonably believe to be true and what they cannot. You, it seems, (and a few others) lack such social awareness.

To summarise my post as such only backs up my point about you.

Additionally you lack either the will or the ability to comprehend anybody's point of view but your own. You continually miss the points made entirely and only see what you want to see. This is what I find pathetic.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

Nothing is more laughable than your attitude. I countered every question and statement you made to me, but instead of rationalising a response or acknowledging my point, you run and hide behind the down rep button, or brief and unsubstantiated statements

How you got to be an admin is beyond me. To insinuate that I have an agenda without any logical reason to suggest that I have, is cowardly in the extreme. You resort to instead idly guessing my stating and deliberately trying to antagonise a response. You wouldn't dare say it to my face, and if you knew the slightest thing about me, you would know how ludicrous your accusations are. Other people know not to do that, and understand the line between what they can reasonably believe to be true and what they cannot, you it seems (and a few others) lack such social awareness.

To summarise my post as such only backs up my point about you.

Additionally you lack either the will or the ability to comprehend anybody's point of view but your own. You continually miss the points made entirely and only see what you want to see. This is what I find pathetic.

It's come to this, has it? I wouldn't say I thought you had an agenda to your face? Why not?

So, in a nutshell. Phil starts a thread that's far from ambiguous which can easily misconstrued as having bigoted or faintly-racist undertones (ie questioning a player's religion-related choice, this time fasting).

Misconstrued if you fail at reading.

Phil doesn't nothing really to dissuade that notion, only choosing to fan the flames some more.

Nothing to dissuade it? What more can I fckn say to dissuade it?

Phil then gets fed upb at one person's line of questioning and goes on that old "You wouldn't say that to me face to face now, would ya!? WOULD YA!??"".

Noone would say it to my face unless they were a complete social retard. Jesus!!! How dare you make it sound like I was being being aggressive with that statement. What is wrong with you?

There's a fair few facepalms on this thread Phil lad.

Yeah. You're not wrong. Holy :censored:! :petesake: