Attendances

Average from two games; Walsall on a Tuesday and Stevenage - those were always going to be amongst our lowest home attendances.

Although if our poor home form from the last three years continues it won't be surprising to see us in the bottom quintile come May.

What this shows is that the task any manager has is to keep us in this division. That would be a good result given the relationship between income and players wages.

Without progress on the pitch attendances will continue to fall year on year. The new stand will be an asset in providing constant income streams but we probably won't be reaping the benefits from that for a good few years yet!

Plenty of time to fall still further and if we continue the way we've started this season it will be sooner than you think!

It beggars belief how far we have fallen..........Crewe have had over 5700 at each of the three home league games so far...................we would be absolutely over the moon with those crowds!!!

to be fair Doncaster and Coventry sold their entire allocation for both games. But 5000 is what we should get, it's clear that the support is there when it wants to be, we just need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot when the fans do turn up (and we do it in many different ways)

Edited by Tommy_Fent

I think attendances would pick up to around 5-6.5k again if we were challenging for the play offs consistently - didnt attendances drop to similar levels as we see now under Ritchie?

I think this is the key......When was the last time we actually put a sustained run of positive results together to try and capture our fans imagination and to build some momentum ?

You can offer all the deals you want, but a team winning consistently has to be the best option.

Does anyone know off hand our best sequence of wins on the trot at BP in recent seasons ?

I'd be very worried if I was a Hartlepool fan their average is 4156, and they're selling cheap season tickets

Quite

That was last season, £100, and they sold 6,000 but not sure of kids prices or numbers

This season they are £155 with a prize draw. Numbers not known

Us £399 or £10 x 3000 (poss slightly more) so would be interesting to compare the split but I cannot see hwo they can do it again next year

Edited by singe

I've just read Rochdale's attendance at the weekend: 2,199. That shocked me because i didn't know things were so bad for them. So I scanned their attendances during the previous three years. Under Hill in League Two they were around 2,500 and then they began winning again and they crept over 3,000.

When they were promoted they increased again, which is to be expected. But then they started to lose and look. The simple fact is too many football supporters abandon their club when poor form hinders their short-term success. However, I can't blame some. Do we enjoy the connection football supporters of clubs like Oldham Athletic, Rochdale etc had in the past? Sadly not. It frustrates me so many are so fickle but what is given back to supporters nowadays?

Did anyone see the Cheshire Ground Hop day Macclesfield, Stockport and Hyde arranged for October 13th? Terrific idea. Essentially, supporters will attend all three games. One kicks off at 12:30pm, the next at 3:30pm and I think the Hyde game goes off at 6pm.

It's an idea that won't exactly add long-term supporters, but I think it's being done to help each other out and try to attract the Mancs.

I've just read Rochdale's attendance at the weekend: 2,199. That shocked me because i didn't know things were so bad for them.

Last years averages were less than that. It's difficult to attract people to watch a losing team, I think we are all aware of that.