scunthorpe tonight

got a sneaky feeling this will be our best performance of the season and result to match. there should be some confidence in the squad, what with new signings, a decent point against top of the league (all things considered). 3-1 Latics, Derbyshire to bag a couple and Simpson (off the bench)

I've even stuck us on my acca tonight I'm that positive!

I honestly think it depends how we start.

Simpson has zero confidence and its a huge factor here because we effectively had 10 men while he was on the pitch on Saturday so I am hoping we start with Baxter and Derbyshire up top.

If that is the case I think we will win, but I dont see us keeping a clean sheet so we will have to outscore them.

Last 30 mins on Sat'dy we looked good so I am hopeful.

If M'voto can keep Clarke in his pocket like he did with McLeod for most of the game at Pompey, he won't get a sniff. But you just know he'll bag one, so 2-1 to us for me. I wasn't there a Satdi but, if we start anything like it appears the way we played second half, it could be 3-1 or 4-1. Having said that, I'll take an OG off a defender's arse if it gives us the win.

There will be a minutes silence before tonights game against Scunthorpe United as a mark of respect to the 2 police officers who have lost their lives today. R.I.P.

Just read about that. Awful. Let us hope that the minute's silence is impeccably observed. Sincere condolences to their families and fellow officers.

I'm just concerned we'll get a lead and then think we can hold onto it for however long is left. Fair enough if this is last 10 minutes or so of the game, but we normally do it with alot of the game left.

Hoping for a high scoring game, not bothered about how many they score as long as we score 1 more!

The two vital things for tonight are that we avoid defeat and put in a good performance, however I'm optimistic we're gonna get a convincing win.

Disagree with the put in a good performance. Ideally that is what we all want, however first thing first is to win. I'd be happy for a scrappy 1-0 win tonight.

Let's not get carried away....this is latics and usually, just when they start to give you hope they have a habit of kicking you in the teeth!!

A thumping win tonight could see us go on a confidence building run but another defeat could also have the opposite effect.

I am hopeful but not over confident.

Fingers crossed!!