Dickov in or out?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dickov be sacked or kept?

Will we have a poll after every game? even a victory or perish the thought two wins on the bounce.

Smacks of the politicians this when they don't get the result they want, have another go until they do. Oddly once they get the decision they are after then the no more votes.

Will we have a poll after every game? even a victory or perish the thought two wins on the bounce.

Smacks of the politicians this when they don't get the result they want, have another go until they do. Oddly once they get the decision they are after then the no more votes.

Indeed. Can't we just take it as read that some want to keep him and some want him out?

Well there would be much point in a poll after he gets the sacked.

Can we have a poll on whether we have too many "sack the manager" polls?

Yes, I'm not quite sure what the merit of another poll is. People can change their vote on last week's poll if the wish and there was another yesterday, albeit with the odd separation of sack and resign as options.

Keep this as the official OWTB-Mood-O-Meter © due to its creation after the typical boiling-high blood pressure responses mixed with Saturday night alcohol.

Might not be any difference at all, but three active polls is too much IMO.

Need one of these....Swingometer.jpg

Someone's going to create a poll after every game until he's sacked, or we're comfortably mid-table.

I've voted keep though I'm getting to the end of my tether. If we don't get at least 4 points from the next two games then its bye bye time.

I do think we've been incredibly unlucky, particularly in the last 3 home games. We had two very good chances yesterday, one hit the post and one cleared off the line. Without playing brilliantly, that could easily have been a win but it seems to be the same old story after every home game. Ultimately, the buck stops with PD though.

I also think a lot will be made of the fact that we've lost to Coventry who are supposedly bad. They've actually got a very strong team and were always going to come good eventually. Typically, like any team that's on a bad run, it was against us.

Edited by bossrocks

50 / 50 at the time of posting.

I'm surprised. Latics fans giving him a hell of a lot of slack.

I'm amazed and genuinely quite impressed by the loyalty/patience of those willing to give him longer. Personally, though, I think he's had ample time to show his ability and comes up short.

At 22, he ranks as the worst manager I've ever seen in charge of this club. I'm seeing performances that I saw early last season i.e Colchester and Tranmere.

The football is odd. There seems to be no blueprint to our game. There's no direction, it's flat, dull, we can't score and he seems content every time we A. don't concede and B. apply 20 minutes of pressure.

I also think a lot will be made of the fact that we've lost to Coventry who are supposedly bad. They've actually got a very strong team and were always going to come good eventually. Typically, like any team that's on a bad run, it was against us.

The point is they didn't come good, they were garbage for 80-odd minutes.

The football is odd. There seems to be no blueprint to our game. There's no direction, it's flat, dull, we can't score and he seems content every time we A. don't concede and B. apply 20 minutes of pressure.

Well put. sums it up perfectly for me.

The only glimmer of hope for me is we aren't conceding many & half of what we have conceded has been similar to yesterday's. I.e. easily preventable.

We literally do just need to start scoring.

The first half reminded me of the Brentford game. We started brightly playing some good passing football, creating chances. Then, suddenly it's back to the long ball and Dickov doesn't intervene, doesn't tell them to keep playing football. The thing is, in that first half, Coventry were there for the taking; they looked completely lacking in confidence and were one of the worst teams I've seen at BP for quite a while. By the the time the final whistle went, our keeper had been called into action more often Coventry's. I believe we have players who are good enough to move us up the table but not with this manager.

Hasn't changed my opinion, takes more than one win to cover the cracks.

It does and a return to type against Preston, in front of the dwindling faithful, heaps the pressure right back on.

What has been shown is that the players are capable. They will play for Dickov.

I hope it's the start of something beautiful for Latics. I hope he goes on to succeed.

I suspect it's a false dawn and a stay of execution. But, for now at least, let the hope prevail.