Very boring I know and some may say I can't be arsed

105 members have voted

1. 1. What about Dickov now

• Sack
    • Stay

He's got to keep it going.

I'd have fired him after Coventry. But I'm nowhere near wanting rid today.

The commitment over the last three games justifies keeping him. I'd say that even if we'd lost yesterday.

There were tactical issues yesterday - we didn't get the ball to Montano at all after their players had even booked and we didn't test the teenage goalkeeper with anything of note. I also thought we were sloppy at the start of the second half giving them and their fans real belief.

I accept tactical weaknesses if the work rate and team spirit makes up for them.

I'd say that this poll and any others preceding it for Dickov is redundant now as he is gauged in or out on a game-to-game basis until he gains promotion, let's face it - the honeymoon is well and truly over and we are witnessing seat-of-the-pants management from a man struggling to keep his job.

Don't get me wrong, some great results recently and I hope it continues, however it has to be a very special season now IMO.

Everything that we faulted him on; uninspiring, tactically inept and a rigid selection policy have been rectified over the past 3 matches.

The players are a unit, there's a lot of togetherness between them. You don't score last minute goals like that one without having inspiration, grit, determination and spirit. It tells you everything that in the last 2 games Bouzanis has ran the full length of the pitch to celebrate; it looks like Dickov has stirred them up and given them some hope.

Partially that extra confidence and motivation will have come from the successful change in tactics, where Furman has advanced and Baxter has played the role that we've wanted Simpson to adopt for a while.

And the dropping of Simpson has proved that he's willing to punish players if they consistently under-perform.

Everything I wanted of him has been fixed, for the moment that is, he's assembled a quality squad and I have faith that if he can bring the likes of Wabara, Derbyshire and Baxter here, he can convince them to stay for longer, which will be aided by us winning and progressing up the table.

He's got to keep it going.

I'd have fired him after Coventry. But I'm nowhere near wanting rid today.

The commitment over the last three games justifies keeping him. I'd say that even if we'd lost yesterday.

There were tactical issues yesterday - we didn't get the ball to Montano at all after their players had even booked and we didn't test the teenage goalkeeper with anything of note. I also thought we were sloppy at the start of the second half giving them and their fans real belief.

I accept tactical weaknesses if the work rate and team spirit makes up for them.

This. I'd have sacked him after Coventry but no one in their right mind would sack a manager whose team has hit a run of form.

Still got a lot to prove though.

These polls will change all the time depending on results. 7 points from the last 3 games has seen the vote go from around 50% to nearly 100% keep, but if the failings return and the points return drops it will see the poll reverse again.

I haven't voted as I don't see any point.

I also still have concerns. We have seen that the team is more than capable of competing. Not just match by match but to the point that it is clear that there is no team to be feared of in this league and that we are capable of getting a result both home and away on any given matchday and there is no reason whatsoever that we should be competing somewhere in the top half with the squad we have. The question is will we revert to type. The shackles have been off for the last 3 games and the results are there for all to see. How long will the shackles stay off for though? that is the question.

If we continue as we are we will see the type of flowing football that we have seen for the last 3 games and those in pre-season. If not then we can "look forward" to more performances like that against Stevenage.

Yesterday we played well again but a point that was put to me was round pegs in square holes to get 1 of his favourites back in the team. We will see next week when elcapitano returns how true that is.

I also think, contrary to others, that there is more quality in the squad than just the 1st 11. We have 18 or 19 players in that squad that can step up to the plate. The 11 from yesterday + Furman, Cisak, Smith, Changy, Brown Tarky, Mellor & Winchester

The other and probably major concern is post Christmas. The last 2 years we have fallen away badly, failed to score goals and consequently fallen down the table. If that happens again this season there won't be 90% + voting to keep the manager.

These polls will change all the time depending on results. 7 points from the last 3 games has seen the vote go from around 50% to nearly 100% keep, but if the failings return and the points return drops it will see the poll reverse again.

I haven't voted as I don't see any point.

I also still have concerns. We have seen that the team is more than capable of competing. Not just match by match but to the point that it is clear that there is no team to be feared of in this league and that we are capable of getting a result both home and away on any given matchday and there is no reason whatsoever that we should be competing somewhere in the top half with the squad we have. The question is will we revert to type. The shackles have been off for the last 3 games and the results are there for all to see. How long will the shackles stay off for though? that is the question.

If we continue as we are we will see the type of flowing football that we have seen for the last 3 games and those in pre-season. If not then we can "look forward" to more performances like that against Stevenage.

Yesterday we played well again but a point that was put to me was round pegs in square holes to get 1 of his favourites back in the team. We will see next week when elcapitano returns how true that is.

I also think, contrary to others, that there is more quality in the squad than just the 1st 11. We have 18 or 19 players in that squad that can step up to the plate. The 11 from yesterday + Furman, Cisak, Smith, Changy, Brown Tarky, Mellor & Winchester

The other and probably major concern is post Christmas. The last 2 years we have fallen away badly, failed to score goals and consequently fallen down the table. If that happens again this season there won't be 90% + voting to keep the manager.

This is rather well put.

I hope he can answer the questions positively!

So far in these polls I voted to keep him until Christmas and see where we are. The last poll before the wins I was losing a lot of faith but couldn't bring myself to vote either way. I'm glad Dickov has started to turn things around and made it so I can happily vote keep

Sure, the last 3 games have been great. But 3 games isn't enough to change my mind. Last season, it was around October/November we had our good spell. Hopefully it can go on longer this time and we don't go completely :censored:e again for the second half of the season. Main concern is that 3 of our best players (Wabara, Baxter and Derbyshire) are currently short term - we'll probably get Wabara and Derbyshire for the full 3 months.. But then what? If Derbyshire keeps scoring bigger teams will come in for him. I wouldn't be surprised if a bigger team came in for Wabara in January aswell if he keeps performing. Then we'll be looking around for replacements again and we'd be hard pushed to replace them with the same quality.

Sure, the last 3 games have been great. But 3 games isn't enough to change my mind. Last season, it was around October/November we had our good spell. Hopefully it can go on longer this time and we don't go completely :censored:e again for the second half of the season. Main concern is that 3 of our best players (Wabara, Baxter and Derbyshire) are currently short term - we'll probably get Wabara and Derbyshire for the full 3 months.. But then what? If Derbyshire keeps scoring bigger teams will come in for him. I wouldn't be surprised if a bigger team came in for Wabara in January aswell if he keeps performing. Then we'll be looking around for replacements again and we'd be hard pushed to replace them with the same quality.

So we shouldn't have them here in the first place? Lets enjoy it whilst it lasts and lets see, what if anything can be done.

I would be surprised if bigger teams came in for Wabara, if the managers of said bigger teams watched last night's highlights. Two of Sheffield United's best attacks sprang from shocking misplaced passes from Wabara.

I think it would make sense for all concerned - Latics, City and the man himself - for him to stay at BP for the remainder of the season.

The recent improvement is encouraging, but it needs to be sustained over a lengthier time before i'm totally convinced.

Credit where credit is due though......100% better to watch now.

The recent improvement is encouraging, but it needs to be sustained over a lengthier time before i'm totally convinced.

Credit where credit is due though......100% better to watch now.

Exactly where I am. Long way to go before anything's proven but football wise the last 3 games have been as good as it's been for a long time..

Fair play to Dickov though, he's got the team playing the right way.

So we shouldn't have them here in the first place? Lets enjoy it whilst it lasts and lets see, what if anything can be done.

No. The concern is that they are here short term and that come January it's likely we'll be looking around again if they keep performing.

I would be surprised if bigger teams came in for Wabara, if the managers of said bigger teams watched last night's highlights. Two of Sheffield United's best attacks sprang from shocking misplaced passes from Wabara.

I think it would make sense for all concerned - Latics, City and the man himself - for him to stay at BP for the remainder of the season.

Overall, he's impressed since being here. If he carries on then better teams will be in for him. Can see it being like Bertrand - impresses and then goes to a bigger team than us to further his development, as City will proably want to see how much he has developed and whether he can cope at a higher level.

I said I wanted to see us on 20 points at the end of October, we're on 13 with three games in the month left. It's a tough ask, but i'm willing to give him some slack now that performances have steadily improved. It's still not perfect, shoe-horning Simpson into the team on Saturday and his subsequent relinquishing of possession by being weak in the tackle and colour-blind could have cost us. We got away with it though due to the other ten being mostly excellent and were the better side, but it was still square pegs in round holes. In addition we saw another poor start to a half after doing so well in the first half.

The key for me has been Wes' return to match-fitness and finally getting Furman to make forward passes and follow them, our tempo is much better now and we have the creativity of Baxter and the work-ethic of Derbyshire. Keeping Derbyshire is key to our continuing progress. There's still some way to go in winning me over, especially as it is still only 4 wins in 22 but we have shown that we have little to fear in this division if we have a go at teams.

So for me, I've not voted but he gets at least until Christmas and I will back him all the way, if we continue to play like we have done over the last couple of weeks and bit by bit he will win me back over.

AND if it means keeping Baxter, i'd sell Cisak and Furman in January. Good managers wheel and deal for the long term good and with an eye to progress.

Edited by oafcprozac

I'm not voting.

I don't agree with changing an opinion based on one game. That is a fundamental problem in the terraces all over the country. However, I'd be a fool to say "sack" after three very good performances.

Ask again - this applies to any other member who wants to whip a poll up - in about six weeks.

I've seen a huge improvement, but we also improved around the same time last season.

Of course 3 games don't make a season but nor do 9 games. Yet we had mass calls for his head then. We have to stay strong as a club it's the only way forward. Sure we can point to the previous poor season and I'll agree it was bloody poor.

Everyone, well nearly everyone must admit that PD if nothing else is hard working and enthusiastic, certainly able to get player to the club who otherwise wouldn't be here. They (the players) seem to be happy with him and will be more so the more games we win.

I want to see a little more tempo and little more forward balls into killer area's when in the final third to compliment the better football being played in the last 3 games. Then I think well see some good entertaining matches with a surge up the league.

Edited by Lags