Are they as good as we thought?

they can play well and they can work together and if they went to other teams they would show how good they are, like a lot of players do after leaving OAFC.

I haven't been anti-Dickov because I appreciate Corney wanting stability and consistency, but the problem is we're becoming consistently :censored: and predictable. Who's out of work? We need someone to get the team working together, which looks more and more like it won't be Dickov.

From what I saw at Kidderminster all eleven starters had the ability as well as the potential to knit together well and go on a very good run of form, but that potential has been wasted in the last 3 games and the bulk of the responsibility lies with Dickov.

The Tranmere and Bournemouth results are understandable in isolation but add them to the Bury result and performance and they are not good enough.

When we saw them play brilliantly v Preston and Crewe and Portsmouth we said they were individually quality, when we acquired Croft, Montano, Baxter and Derbyshire we were shocked that we could still attract these type of players. Yet when we start losing we change our views on the class of the players, now they aren't that good. Not a chance. They are the same players that won these matches impressively.

You get judged off your best performances, we've seen absolute quality in patches of the season so why should we doubt the quality now we are losing? Form is temporary class is permanent.

This is not a top 6 team however we should be nowhere near a relegation scrap. Warbara and Baxter are young so keeping top form was always going to be a struggle and the latter may have had his head turned? Coft has been a slight dissapointment from what I've seen certainly doesn't look a championship player I can only see him being in league 1 next season if he carries on with the way he has been playing at best.

I think the manager is underachieving at the moment too but whoever is in charge we will be a league 1 team at best for sometime to come.

The likes of Wabara, Montano and Baxter are the icing on the cake in a good side but in a struggling, confidence lacking team they are a liability. Dickvov has never, ever, had the right balance in all his time here

We are capable of playing some nice stuff but only when the opposition allow it............4 wins in 17 this season is abysmal and no matter how much time we give him the outcome will be the same.

He comes accross as a really likeable chap but in reality if he didn't he would have been gone long ago.

He could have a future in management as he will have leared an awful lot from his time here, however if we stick with him he will get us relegated.

Thanks for the passion, loyalty, and enthusiasm Paul, but do the honourable thing and resign, while we still have a chance of staying up!

When we saw them play brilliantly v Preston and Crewe and Portsmouth we said they were individually quality, when we acquired Croft, Montano, Baxter and Derbyshire we were shocked that we could still attract these type of players. Yet when we start losing we change our views on the class of the players, now they aren't that good. Not a chance. They are the same players that won these matches impressively.

You get judged off your best performances, we've seen absolute quality in patches of the season so why should we doubt the quality now we are losing? Form is temporary class is permanent.

Thing is though it comes down to consistantcy if they put the performances in like they did against Crewe and Preston week in week out then we would be nowhere near where we are right now. These players would pretty soon be playing at a higher level but they don't and thats why they are where they are, and this is not just down to the manager they have to take some responsibility aswell for their own performance.

He comes accross as a really likeable chap but in reality if he didn't he would have been gone long ago.

He could have a future in management as he will have leared an awful lot from his time here, however if we stick with him he will get us relegated.

Absolutely bang on the money.

I wouldn't write him off as a manager and in the right circumstances he could do very well at a club, but the last 2 and a half years here has proven that he's not the man for this current job.

Baxter. Has he become less interested as it's become more likely that he won't stay?

Warbara. Has he been less effective since Micah Richards' injury didn't lead to a recall and Premiership football?

Croft. Has he been less effective since the ballboy incident?

Simpson. Has he been less effective since changing employer, taking a c70% pay cut and moving house?

Furman. Has he been less effective since becoming a globetrotter?

Derbyshire. Has he been less effective because the others have been less effective?

Montano. Why the hell is this talented footballer not delivering?

The talented loanees etc were great in their 1st few matches together but now are nowhere near as effective.

Why is this?

Is it

1) Because the magic has been trained out of them.

2) Opposing teams have done their homework and now know how to deal with them.

3) Something else.

Edited by laticsrblue

Baxter. Has he become less interested as it's become more likely that he won't stay? can always rely on him to do something special, but we're only relying on him at the moment

Warbara. Has he been less effective since Micah Richards' injury didn't lead to a recall and Premiership football he's been solid, but again, one player can only do so much

Croft. Has he been less effective since the ballboy incident? bound to have an impact, has definitely not lived up to his performances at the beginning of the season

Simpson. Has he been less effective since changing employer, taking a c70% pay cut and moving house? not been effective since Liverpool, we know he's a good player, but doesnt know his own position and doesnt fit in

Furman. Has he been less effective since becoming a globetrotter? can't be doing him or the team any good, i'd look to cash in on him in January to get the most out of him

Derbyshire. Has he been less effective because the others have been less effective? not getting the service, playing long ball isnt the way to play him

Montano. Why the hell is this talented footballer not delivering? confidence player. if he doesnt beat the fullback the first or second time he's out for the game. won't add anything to a struggling team low on confidence

we have the players, all of the ones you've mentioned are good L1 players and we shouldnt be in the relegation zone. why are we playing long ball when we have the ability to play through teams?

Baxter. Has he become less interested as it's become more likely that he won't stay? Young man may have had his head turned by agent or just a loss of form as keeping that form up was always going to be a problem. particularly for a young player

Warbara. Has he been less effective since Micah Richards' injury didn't lead to a recall and Premiership football? See above about young players and finding consistency

Croft. Has he been less effective since the ballboy incident? Has he been effective all season? he's been ok but can't see any championship sides coming in for him either in January or the summer if he carries on as he has?

Simpson. Has he been less effective since changing employer, taking a c70% pay cut and moving house? Lower league journeyman on loan playing for a contract plays well gets contract take foot off the gas.

Furman. Has he been less effective since becoming a globetrotter? Sometimes to further your career you need a change of scenery see Chris Taylor

Derbyshire. Has he been less effective because the others have been less effective? probably cut a forlorn figure when I saw him against Bury completely starved of service

Montano. Why the hell is this talented footballer not delivering? See Warbara about young players finding consistency in their game plus he highlights the lack of squad depth as if we had a genuine alternative in that position at the moment he would be on the bench.[/

Football players are like kids. But spoilt kids. They are paid exceptional money and enjoy good facilities. So easy to drift into a comfort zone with an arm around the shoulder manager. Chairman cares, manager cares and says he hurt more than anyone in defeat, Simpson in Chron says players are trying and hurt too - but ultimately, the team doesn't play like that's the case. The Bury performance is still the most frustrating out the last three? It just seems we are spineless, have no leaders, and everyone is pointing fingers - and having reported on a well-paid Grimsby team going out the league, I can affirm the blatantly obvious that that cocktail = relegation material. Worrying times

From what I saw at Kidderminster all eleven starters had the ability as well as the potential to knit together well and go on a very good run of form, but that potential has been wasted in the last 3 games and the bulk of the responsibility lies with Dickov.

The Tranmere and Bournemouth results are understandable in isolation but add them to the Bury result and performance and they are not good enough.

Yes, but Kidderminster wee only 2 points above Hyde ( who were 3rd from bottom in the conf), that game meant nothing.

The talented loanees etc were great in their 1st few matches together but now are nowhere near as effective.

Why is this?i

Is it

1) Because the magic has been trained out of them.

2) Opposing teams have done their homework and now know how to deal with them.

3) Something else.

option 2 for me every time which is always followed by the cry of " no plan b" Edited by sykelatic1

Just out of interest and by way of comment - look at Coventry with roughly the same players, since they changed management

And Bournemouth for that matter.

And Trannies to a point.

In the past I've not particularly bought the change of manager making massive impact other than a few games.

But it has to be sai, that Dickov falls into that category, great first 5 months, after that nothing.

So we have t get someone who can sustain it not a flash in the pan.

I think the next person has to be experienced, the last 2 have not and it as showed.

Nothing guaranteed though.

With the budgets of most league 1 clubs any new manager will be a lottery. If our next manager is better than Ronnie/Penney/PD it would be pure luck.

To be blunt, the records of Penney and Dickov are dire.

The chances of <insert random retired footballer / ex-manager elsewhere> being better than either of them is quite high.