Tuesday - MUST WIN?

IMO Tuesaday at Hartlepool is a must win game or PD has to get the chop

a draw is not good enough, they got done by 5 today against what I thought was a poor Coventry side

a loss is unthinkable

can anyone see things turning around for us with the current managment team, im not one to call for his head but I cant see things changing

part of me thinks a win at Hartlepool will just be delaying the inevitable anyway

get someone new in so he has plenty of time before January to weigh up he is options reagarding replacing the likes of Baxter,Derbyshire and maybe Furman who needs to be sold in January if we dont want another player leaving for free at the end of the season.

IMO Tuesaday at Hartlepool is a must win game or PD has to get the chop

a draw is not good enough, they got done by 5 today against what I thought was a poor Coventry side

a loss is unthinkable

can anyone see things turning around for us with the current managment team, im not one to call for his head but I cant see things changing

part of me thinks a win at Hartlepool will just be delaying the inevitable anyway

get someone new in so he has plenty of time before January to weigh up he is options reagarding replacing the likes of Baxter,Derbyshire and maybe Furman who needs to be sold in January if we dont want another player leaving for free at the end of the season.

I dont think he will be around for Hartlepool, although I would like to here what the owtb lads post when they return back from Bournemouth.

I dont think he will be around for Hartlepool, although I would like to here what the owtb lads post when they return back from Bournemouth.

I suspect they'll say something along the lines of we were well in the game first half without actually threatening the goal but fell apart in the second as soon as their first goal went in

It's a must win for Dickov yeh ( if he's still there by Tuesday ) wouldn't call it a must win for us as whole as its still fairly early on in the season

it was meant a "must win" game for Dickov, not for the club as a whole

however if you dont pick up points against a side on 8 points(?) and who are already being left behind at the bottom of the league then we have massive problems

If you knew PD would definitely be sacked if we lost at Hartlepool, would you want us to lose the game so it happened? It breaks my heart to say it but I would.

I never want us to lose again regardless of who is our manager. Even when we had Disaster Dave I still wanted us to win, and likewise if Dickov is still here come Tuesday I want us to go out and win the game and for him to prove us that he has got what it takes to be a good manager. I doubt he will though and for that reason he should do the admirable thing and say 'Ive tried my best and its time for someone else to have a go'. Im sure he will become a good manager but I think for all parties a fresh start would be the best way. He leaves with his reputation still relatively in tact and we have time to find someone who can get the best out of this squad of players.

Lose and I think he'll have to go.

A draw might just give him until Shrewsbury.

A win would have to be followed up by a point and good performance at the very least next Saturday so we can get some momentum built up before the Doncaster double header.

Either way, as o4u and many others have said, it feels like it's delaying the inevitable. I'll always want PD to succeed with us but I doubt he will.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

If you knew PD would definitely be sacked if we lost at Hartlepool, would you want us to lose the game so it happened? It breaks my heart to say it but I would.

I never want to see us lose a game, but I would like to see Dickov do the honourable thing for the club and resign.

Didn't expect a win from today's game and thought at half-time that we were doing ok and maybe could sneek a draw. How wrong could I have been?...whatever he said in the dressing room is anyone's guess.

Time to go.

Four goals conceded in half a game .....and they missed a penalty ,this is pathetic , we weren't playing Barcelona.

We haven't battered a team like that since the Chesterfield 5-2 game ,unless I have missed one , and that was ages ago.

Bad timing for the manager , Coventry banging in 5 in at Hartlepool.

Hartlepool are 15 without a win ......longest record in England .

This is boiling point pressure for him I think & would you want to rely on our players at the moment to possibly save your job ?

Time to 'man up' lads me thinks.

This makes me laugh. A must win game in Novemeber!!

He should be gone. We should beat Hartlepool but apart from last season when have we beaten them? They are just one of those teams we never seem to beat away!

I bet when Rochdale went down last season, Wycombe, Bolton and the rest of the relegated teams were demoted they regretted losing a game in October/November/December that they should have won.

The league can come down to 1 or 2 losses and draws that didn't seem significant when they happened but made the difference come the end of the season.

Its a must win because a change in manager is a huge decision and getting cast adrift is easy.

We have gone beyond the point of 'must wins'. Dickov needs a change and so do we. The question is what instructions does SC have? Does it matter to him if we go down? The evidence so far is that he does understand the position we are in but his brief is to do nothing about it. The value of the land is the value of the land. I suspect he wants us to do well but in reality it makes no difference.

Simon Corneys instructions? Brief? from who?

if you think it does not matter to him if we go down then you are wrong!

even if he had no feelings towards the club as a fan - which I feel after all this time he must have, how can you not after nearly 10 years of his blood sweat and tears put into the club then finanacialy surley it would be suicide to see us go down another level and have the crowds and income reduce even further.

new stand coming or not a relegation would make finding investment in the club which is difficult enough now near impossible!