Hartlepool

Not able to justify travel and ticket expenses when the value for money is not there, save up for Donny and their flatpack bowl

when you say the above statement, what exactly do you mean? Obviously we all want the team to win but it is never never ever ever guarenteed. To me the beauty of an away day is having a day out and a drink and a sing-song with your mates. Whatever happened to this attitude, do I have the wrong outlook on life? Ok I can't make it on Tuesday because I've got a lot of work on atm and yes I might have a moan if the game doesn't go our way and I feel the season is a write off. Fair play to you atttend on a regular basis but I do read a lot of cynical comments from people that no longer go and I'm worried that the Sky Sports hype "win at all costs" attitude is killing the nations favourite past time. You ride the rollercoaster and like Prozac says the phrase "typical Latics" does go both ways.

Edited by Tommy_Fent

value for money isnt winning for me, its the fact its a Tuesday night at a dump ground in a dump town that we've been to thousands of times with poor train connections and there will be no atmosphere at all from the 120 latics fans. I do 40- 50% aways in a season and like most prefer these to home games for the reasons you mentioned but this close to xmas its hard to justify, promised myself after carlisle to stop doing as many midweek aways!

All that travel have my full respect though

Carlisle have lost 4 of the last 5 home games conceding 4 goals in three of them.....don't need to tell you who broke that sequence!

Bury hadn't won away all season and had won away only once since Boxing Day.....dont need to tell you who broke that sequence either!

Hartlepool have not won in their last 15 league games, W0 D4 L11....don't need to tell you who will probably break that sequence!

After Saturday's 0 v 5 reverse against Coventry their confidence will be rock bottom, ours won't be much higher, but if we can't get a result there on Tuesday it really is time for Dickov to resign.

I hope I'm wrong but I think it's a nailed on defeat....probably 1 v 0.

when you say the above statement, what exactly do you mean? Obviously we all want the team to win but it is never never ever ever guarenteed. To me the beauty of an away day is having a day out and a drink and a sing-song with your mates. Whatever happened to this attitude, do I have the wrong outlook on life? Ok I can't make it on Tuesday because I've got a lot of work on atm and yes I might have a moan if the game doesn't go our way and I feel the season is a write off. Fair play to you atttend on a regular basis but I do read a lot of cynical comments from people that no longer go and I'm worried that the Sky Sports hype "win at all costs" attitude is killing the nations favourite past time. You ride the rollercoaster and like Prozac says the phrase "typical Latics" does go both ways.

What will stop fans going to away games (and eventually home games too) is a performance like the one served up in the second half at Bournemouth - it was as if the team simply stopped trying once we went a goal down - nothing to do with the 'win at all costs' attitude it's far simpler than that...

What will stop fans going to away games (and eventually home games too) is a performance like the one served up in the second half at Bournemouth - it was as if the team simply stopped trying once we went a goal down - nothing to do with the 'win at all costs' attitude it's far simpler than that...

my point being, too many people go to away matches purely for the game it'self and it should be more to it than that. I go to away matches to have a good day out with my mates, if we play :censored: I will criticise like the rest of us but I'll still go again because it's part of my life and beats attatching myself to a team I only see on TV

This unfortunately is the nightmare scenario - a draw at Pools and a draw at home to Shrewsbury will be seen by many as a valid reason to carry on with Dickov - only a defat in the cup to Doncaster would really spell the end. So if we lose tonight do we change before Shrewsbury to give any new manager chance to get a grip before Doncaster. As Corney has said Doncaster is the real test as a good cup run is desperately required to generate much needed funds. I fear we will stumble along until we lose to Doncaster - only then will something happen

Edited by shorelatic

its a must win! if we're going to stay in this league, with the squad we have we should be doing what we did at kidderminster, professional performance and a win. however, the way we've been playing I don't see that happening. we'll let them attack us, get on the back foot and concede from a mistake. we need to be on the front foot, in their faces from the first whistle to the last. if dickov can't get our squad beating this lot then what hope do we have?

This unfortunately is the nightmare scenario - a draw at Pools and a draw at home to Shrewsbury will be seen by many as a valid reason to carry on with Dickov - only a defat in the cup to Doncaster would really spell the end. So if we lose tonight do we change before Shrewsbury to give any new manager chance to get a grip before Doncaster. As Corney has said Doncaster is the real test as a good cup run is desperately required to generate much needed funds. I fear we will stumble along until we lose to Doncaster - only then will something happen

Nailed on, even then he may wait until the Christmas Home Double header, what worries me is we're on a bad run again- we've lost 3 on the trot and not won in 5 in the league, if past form is anything to go on this could be another 10-15 game run without a win. The Chairman should have acted by now, we did ok for 4 or 5 games in October but the players and manager thought 'job done', now they haven't a clue how to get themselves out of the hole they've dug again. The Chairman criticises, Dickov backs them, they repay him by putting in an equally abject performance at Bournemouth, there's nowhere for him to go or for the players to hide. If we lose tonight it has to be the end. Tonight is his 110th League game, before tonight we've won 31 - he should have gone in the Summer, I was willing to give him until Christmas, providing we had 20 points at the end of October - well it's mid November and we're bottom 4 on 17 and three games further ahead.

If we do not win, let's be honest a draw is bollocks tonight, we need 6/6 over the next 180 minutes, if we do not win tonight, he goes, if we draw he goes, if we win tonight and do not win Saturday… he goes, simple as. 6 points from 6, he gets a stay of execution. I hope he has the balls to walk away, somehow I think he'll cling on.

Edited by oafcprozac

Nailed on, even then he may wait until the Christmas Home Double header, what worries me is we're on a bad run again we've lost 3 on the trot and not won in 5 in the league, if past form is anything to go on this could be another 10-15 game run without a win. The Chairman should have acted by now, we did ok for 4 or 5 games in October but the players and manager thought 'job done', now they haven't a clue how to get themselves out of the hole they've dug again. The Chairman criticises, Dickov backs them, they repay him by putting in an equally abject performance at Bournemouth, there's nowhere for him to go or for the players to hide. If we lose tonight it has to be the end. Tonight is his 110th League game, before tonight we've won 31 - he should have gone in the Summer, I was willing to give him until Christmas, providing we had 20 points at the end of October - well it's mid November and we're bottom on 17 and three games further ahead.

If we do not win, let's be honest a draw is bollocks tonight, we need 6/6 over the next 180 minutes, if we do not win tonight, he goes, if we draw he goes, if we win tonight and do not win Saturday… he goes, simple as. 6 points from 6, he gets a stay of execution. I hope he has the balls to walk away, somehow I think he'll cling on.

Lose tonight and it has to be curtains for him, Saturday will be a toxic atmosphere if we do get beat tonight and he is still there.

I'm not really looking forward to the next 2 games. Tonight is going to be nightmare; nervously tuning in to sky for the score updates.

If tonight goes as well as I fear it just might, and PD isnt sacked as a result - Saturday at BP will be awful.

Goddness knows what the atmosphere will be like. Well, actually I can have a really good guess.

We MUST get the 3 points tonight. End of really. Anything less and he really is in trouble; living on massively borrowed time.

Pool not won since 1st game of the season .

Pool not kept a clean sheet in the league since 1st game of season

Howard only scored one goal.

Absolute cert -

Pool win 2-0 and Howard scores both.

Well, I don't appreciate articles like 'Prepare to be bashed' (sic) on the official site... http://www.oldhamath...ool-497618.aspx

We really shouldn't be 'bigging-up' the opposition, it is tempting fate

Well, I don't appreciate articles like 'Prepare to be bashed' (sic) on the official site... http://www.oldhamath...ool-497618.aspx

We really shouldn't be 'bigging-up' the opposition, it is tempting fate

Dickov always bigs up the opposition and has now magnified the threat of Howard before the kick-off tonight, but this piece from the O.S has really pissed me off big time and now I really couldn't care less if he goes after tonight.........DICKOV OUT!!!!!!!

Quote.......... "The harsh reality is that the players are here for a reason. If they were Championship players, that is where they would be playing.

"We knew deep down as a staff in the summer it was going to be a battle all season.

"May be it is my fault by trying to mask over things and trying to be positive all the time as I am not happy with that and want to push up the table."

Dickov added it may also be a case of changing the mentality of the players.

"I touched on that after the Bournemouth game and it may be a case of stopping the players believe they are better than they are and stop talking about how good they are as a team, playing at a higher level and pushing no towards the top six," he continued.

What a load of bollox................And by the way, the grammar and punctuation on the official club website is still :censored:e!!!

Dickov always bigs up the opposition and has now magnified the threat of Howard before the kick-off tonight, but this piece from the O.S has really pissed me off big time and now I really couldn't care less if he goes after tonight.........DICKOV OUT!!!!!!!

Quote.......... "The harsh reality is that the players are here for a reason. If they were Championship players, that is where they would be playing.

"We knew deep down as a staff in the summer it was going to be a battle all season.

"May be it is my fault by trying to mask over things and trying to be positive all the time as I am not happy with that and want to push up the table."

Dickov added it may also be a case of changing the mentality of the players.

"I touched on that after the Bournemouth game and it may be a case of stopping the players believe they are better than they are and stop talking about how good they are as a team, playing at a higher level and pushing no towards the top six," he continued.

What a load of bollox................And by the way, the grammar and punctuation on the official club website is still :censored:e!!!

Really wound me up this. And you're right about the web site - its a disgrace. Whats with these massivley stretched images (The one of the keeper they keep using)?? Maybe a little thing bit the website is the public face of the club, and at the moment it says 'can't be bothered making an effort'