Our record as seen by the league table

tableversus201213.png

Green dot means we've beaten that team

Grey is a draw

Red is a defeat

Anyone who saw the Bury game knows how poor we were, and that red stands out like a sore thumb.

It suggests we'll struggle to beat Swindon. We'll see!

If anyone's thinking "sad git!", fair enough, I'm gonna go and have a drink in 10 mins. ;)

Of the teams currently in the top half we've only played 4 at home. We've played 7 away. Could mean that a good run in the second half of the season means we are pushing for play-offs. Conversely a bad run puts us into serious trouble as we are playing teams more likely to beat us at home.

Pretty good graphic that.

Tells us that we are picking up the points against those around us, which are ultimately the most vital of points to get if we're in the bottom half of the table.

Obviously we need to improve our record against the better sides. 3 points from a possible 27 is not good enough but we're getting better gradually and I expect our second half to the season, if we keep our trio, or at least 1 or 2 of them, to give us a chance to redeem the loses that we suffered against the big sides and progress.

We can beat them when on form, of course it doesn't factor the 3-1 v Donnie too so that is extra motivation.

Bury and Carlisle stick out as two games we should have won; so we would then be sitting in 10th with only draws and losses above us. I think 10th would be a reasonable position for the support, and hence budget, Dickov has. Just two wins away from 'there's only One Paul Dickov'. I like the graphic which also suggests that it is not a league of very similar teams. Given that we have won more away from home I'm not sure we can draw any comfort from having to play more of the top teams at home.

tableversus201213.png

Green dot means we've beaten that team

Grey is a draw

Red is a defeat

Anyone who saw the Bury game knows how poor we were, and that red stands out like a sore thumb.

It suggests we'll struggle to beat Swindon. We'll see!

If anyone's thinking "sad git!", fair enough, I'm gonna go and have a drink in 10 mins. ;)

Like it

Here it is home and away (scroll down)

http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england3&teamid=10

Really good graphic showing a fair reflection.

Its a good point made that we have played a lot of the top sides away, the good thing as well is that the teams towards to top who would bring crap support start of the season might bring a few more and add to the coffers as they are doing well as people usually pay and travel further to watch decent sides.

For me that shows a reality that we are within the bracket where we should be ie 18th-12th postion

Our goal difference although early in the season is almost worth another point towards safety over those sides in and around the bottom 4

A few may have been shocked had start of season we were told the teams occupying the postion above us and chasing down were coventry and preston

Edited by laticdickovarmy