What was that?

Montano and croft too comfy? Low on confidence? Only highlight was young Connor again. Only player to come out with some credit. Mvoto missed Byrne too I thought and didn't look commanding at all.

How did Connor play mate? He was gutted to be dropped I didn't get chance to come today.

We have had some poor performances this season , but the first half today was the worst.

We did not fancy it from the first minute until half time. Swindon went into cruise control mode second half ....end of story.

Clearly the threat of our management team tearing a strip of at half time , worries them not one jot.

The midfield were not at the races and as soon as Byrne departed the back four collapsed like a deck of cards.

Doesn't matter how good your number nine is ,when he never sees the ball.

And if the manager is happy with the body language , workrate and attitude of our left winger , then fair enough.

No more apologies on the website from the club , no drivel on socia media from the players ......it is occuring far too often.

PD will find it difficult to defend todays abject performance.....the first half in particular looked like the morning after the players' xmas party..

I can't imagine any of that lot summing up the energy to blow up a balloon.

Edited by BP1960

Montano and croft too comfy? Low on confidence? Only highlight was young Connor again. Only player to come out with some credit. Mvoto missed Byrne too I thought and didn't look commanding at all.

I think you might be being generous with even that.

Seen a lot of dire performances in 20+ years of supporting Latics but have never known a season where there's been so many games where not one player has come out with any credit (Bournemouth, Bury and today immediately spring to mind).

Jose had two shots, so if I have to pick a Man of the Match for us, I'd pick him. Grounds, Furman, Croft, Montano and Mvoto were nothing better than Sunday league today.

Edited by JoeP

I think you might be being generous with even that.

Seen a lot of dire performances in 20+ years of supporting Latics but have never known a season where there's been so many games where not one player has come out with any credit (Bournemouth, Bury and today immediately spring to mind).

Jose had two shots, so if I have to pick a Man of the Match for us, I'd pick him. Grounds, Furman, Croft, Montano and Mvoto were nothing better than Sunday league today.

Thought Jose was actually quite poor today gave possession away a lot, although maybe that's because I expect better from him. Thought it was Derbyshire who played best out of those who played for the full 90.

I'm very sorely tempted to say my man of the match was Robbie Simpson- he kept a clean sheet and, amazingly, what little he had to do he did well.

4 buses and just shy of £35 to watch another pile of :censored:e!! We are a decent side when we are allowed to play but when it comes down to a tactical battle we haven't a clue how to change it....our first shot on goal was 5 minutes into the second half for God's sake.

Rightly or wrongly a bloke and his son next to me left at half time and I couldn't blame them if I'm being honest, that 1st half was as bad as it gets!

If we lose the cup game our season will be over and sub 3000 crowds will become the norm.

Without Derbyshire and Baxter this team would be in the bottom 4......if we don't get them back in January It could be a real battle just to stay up!

Di Canio was shouting instructionsto and encouraging his team for almost the whole game while Dickov, once again, spent most of his time arguing with the 4th official.

I can't take much more of this...I really think I've had enough!!!

I'm very sorely tempted to say my man of the match was Robbie Simpson- he kept a clean sheet and, amazingly, what little he had to do he did well.

The triumphant look on his face when he punched a cross clear was great to see.

I was gutted they didn't get a penalty in injury time. He'd have saved it.

Edited by opinions4u

The first 45 mins today was the worst I've seen in years. We made a decent side look like Barca. Just awful.

Montano put in the worst shift I can remember in a blue shirt - ABSOLUTELY nothing offered at all - beaten to everything, knocked off the ball like he wasn't there.

The only positive I could gain from today was that I've saved £20 on Boxing day, because there's NO way I'm I'm turning up after that gutless display.

:censored: 'em.

not one player played well, and Swindon were better in every single position.

I noticed about 5 or 6 games ago that if Montano doesn't beat his man or win a tackle first time, then he wont for the whole game. Not one player would get more than 3 out of ten.

I blame Dickov for this one, Swindon reacted to Byrne going off by putting more balls into the box that Wabara and Brown couldn't handle. So why not bring on Tarky? I'm not saying we would have won the game, but if he'd thrown tarky on, he at least knows when to put his foot through it.

One step forward and one step back,

I blame Dickov for this one, Swindon reacted to Byrne going off by putting more balls into the box that Wabara and Brown couldn't handle. So why not bring on Tarky? I'm not saying we would have won the game, but if he'd thrown tarky on, he at least knows when to put his foot through it.

That back four was in place for some of our best performances.

That's why.

Montano was nothing short of disgraceful today, if you can't be arsed lad bugger off.

Croft, if you want a career lose a couple of stone ....simple as.

Furman, get him dropped he can't understand the instructions.

Wes aint the same player, even Baxter was :censored:.

Pissed ourselves watching Di Canio though, he is a loony.

That's why.

surely with two big guys up front, a big guy at the back would have been a better option? Wabara didn't do much wrong at CB, but I think Tarky would have done more right. That back four for most of the game wasn't the right back four for the game today.

surely with two big guys up front, a big guy at the back would have been a better option? Wabara didn't do much wrong at CB, but I think Tarky would have done more right. That back four for most of the game wasn't the right back four for the game today.

I'm not disagreeing.

But I do understand why Dickov made that change.

I'll never understand where the malaise throughout came from though.

Edited by opinions4u

That's why.

Warbara will never ever be a cb. Not commanding enough in the air. Putting him their nullifies are best attacking threat too. Completely mindless management.

Edited by welshgaz

Forget about it. Every player was shocking, Montano needs to get on the weights, Grounds didn't track his man, Croft gave the ball away every time Furman likewise.

Just one of those games where everybody was awful.

Dust it off and come again next Saturday and hopefully the players will be better. Not Dickov's fault. Players take full blame.

Forget about it.

Forget about it. Every player was shocking, Montano needs to get on the weights, Grounds didn't track his man, Croft gave the ball away every time Furman likewise.

Just one of those games where everybody was awful.

Dust it off and come again next Saturday and hopefully the players will be better. Not Dickov's fault. Players take full blame.

Forget about it.

Try telling that to my cat............... :(