Corneys new year message....

• Sad to lose Dux but had to be done
  • Performances haven't been great, point at Scunny ok
  • Bottom 4 getting closer than he likes
  • Shake up doesn't affect Paul Dickov, he thinks the 3 of them as a team can do ok
  • Wants PD to succeed, he knows results need to turn round
  • Montano out for months... Corney worried.. hes had a knock for weeks
  • Tough to bring players in
  • He knows we need to strengthen. Wants PD to use the kids as he believes we have 5 very good players in youth
  • Doesn't want to release them without seeing them in 1st team
  • Nothing will be done players wise before Forrest game
  • If Mcleish fancies Derbyshire then no chance of getting him
  • They are planning something quite special for Season tickets next year, announcement in week to 10 days
  • Hard to run a club with falling attendances on the doorstep of Man United and Man City
  • New stand WILL go ahead
  • FA Cup so important.. Away support massively outweighs home support...He's not expecting a win though.. Odds against us
  • He thinks we will finish higher then 19th
  • Relegation not an option, he dreads to be in League 2 with Rochdale

Quite intrigued about ST tickets.........

Edited by razza699

sounds quite promising i must say, for those who dont have LP he basically says....

- Money is tight but we do have some available for transfers although he isnt sure whether we will be using it yet, some people want to use youth more and others want transfers. He doesnt want young players to be released at the end of the season without us getting a proper look at them, hinting at more game time for the likes of mellor etc.

-Still has faith in PD but results must change fast.

-The new stand is definitely happening, its just a matter of time before an announcement is made.

- the directors have come up with a new season ticket initiative which he is sure the fans will be very pleased about, an announcement will hopefully be made in the next 7-10 days....

also the usual about it will be tough to keep hold of baxter.

Edited by 4froale

I don't like how he doesn't tell us his new years resolutions...

Intrigued about the Season ticket news, although 1 week to 10 days will probably be 3 months away.

Shame nothing more was asked about when the planning for the new stand will go in, at this rate it will be 2014/15 season before it is built.

Once again, a good; frank interview from SC.

TBH, i'm wavering right now as to whether to renew my ST (i've missed more home games than I ever have since getting the ST this season through work), so a juicy financial incentive will be an interesting development for me; and might just convince me to renew afterall.

Once again, a good; frank interview from SC.

TBH, i'm wavering right now as to whether to renew my ST (i've missed more home games than I ever have since getting the ST this season through work), so a juicy financial incentive will be an interesting development for me; and might just convince me to renew afterall.

I'm not planning on going next year. However if they was to for example do £100 season tickets I would probably get one and just make sure I went to at least 5 games to get my moneys worth

SC - "Oh dear, it looks like an absolute shambles on and off the field at the minute. They seem sceptical about me rearranging the deckchairs. Gordon, dust off the mic, and allow me to make some statements which include mention of a possible new stand and a ticket deal so the locals don't turn on me. I really have nothing else to give right now."

he only mentioned that the new stand will happen, but it seemed like something he'd ensure rather than something he knows... surely there hasn't been another thing to come up and stop it? in the past his messages have had a fair bit of detail about the stand, but still no news?

Any takers for paying

1p for your first match

2p for your 2nd,

4p for for 3rd,

8p for 4th

16p for 5th etc but must sign up for 20 games?

Or a season ticket book where:

You pay a fixed fee (say £50) up front.

Then £20 for your 1st game.

£19 for your 2nd.

£18 for your 3rd.

£17 for your 4th.

and so on until

£2 for your 19th game.

£1 for your 20th.

and if you see 20 league games you get the rest free.

Or a season ticket book where:

You pay a fixed fee (say £50) up front.

Then £20 for your 1st game.

£19 for your 2nd.

£18 for your 3rd.

£17 for your 4th.

and so on until

£2 for your 19th game.

£1 for your 20th.

and if you see 20 league games you get the rest free.

I'd just find out the match number if I didn't attend a match and rip that number out of my season ticket to make it look like I attended.

They'll do a Hartlepool and reduce the cost from £300 to £100 depending how many people get on it I reckon. Not sure it's enough though, as has been mentioned, we're down to the minimum as it is... Think it would be a success in line with a advertised gung-ho promotion push but people are disillusioned full stop at the moment.

Why?

Because an existing season ticket holder just doesn't renew and then gives the money to their mate/family member for their extra one. The club aren't going to start doing identity checks on the turnstiles, it's impractical.

They'll do a Hartlepool and reduce the cost from £300 to £100 depending how many people get on it I reckon. Not sure it's enough though, as has been mentioned, we're down to the minimum as it is... Think it would be a success in line with a advertised gung-ho promotion push but people are disillusioned full stop at the moment.

That would mean we'd have to get approximately 2.5x the amount of fans we currently get to reach the same revenue (would be 3x but more fans would mean more merchandise, pies etc sold).

There would be an increase in sales obviously with a substantially lower ST price but I doubt we could attract double the amount of ST holders we already have even with the £200 discount.

As you say, the product is the action on the pitch and frankly, there are many people who wouldn't even bother paying £100 a season for the 'entertainment' provided.

The way to use these price lowering schemes is to capitalise on good football that people actually enjoy watching. Next season we could aim to score goals instead of aim to concede none and then the season after that people might consider returning if the product improves, but as it stands, with the standard of football on display, I don't see this sort of initiative succeeding.

I'd just find out the match number if I didn't attend a match and rip that number out of my season ticket to make it look like I attended.

But surely it would work on the basis of having your book stamped to show you'd attended. Although, at Latics, probably not...