I reading this right? ....

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the Ticket Distribution Manager has learnt there lesson for this season's next home cup game :)

2 tickets for ST holders if required.

1 per ST seems to have worked fine, doubt there's any regular match goer who has struggled to get a ticket and that's the way it should be.

1 per ST seems to have worked fine, doubt there's any regular match goer who has struggled to get a ticket and that's the way it should be.

Definately hasn't worked though has it?

The club will have realised by now if they had done it the right way that there are still plenty to go around.

:censored: me we could play Barcelona at home in the Champions league and we would still struggle to sell out.

People need to remember this when everyone is crying out for a 20,000 seater stadium and moaning when the plans are only for 12,000 - 14,000.

The club will have realised by now if they had done it the right way that there are still plenty to go around.

:censored: me we could play Barcelona at home in the Champions league and we would still struggle to sell out.

People need to remember this when everyone is crying out for a 20,000 seater stadium and moaning when the plans are only for 12,000 - 14,000.

Depends really - I dare say if it as 2 per ST holder a lot of the spares would have gone to Latics without a ST but it is a lot of hassle and stress, especially for those who travel or don't know many who live locally.

Agree about capacity. A willy-waving capacity would just make us look stupid when we did get big games, and even more so when we have no team because we spent all the money on empty seats so had no team.

The reason our home support is so poor is because of the general decline of the ground and club over the last 20 years.

If we had been up near the top of the league challenging for promotion we'd have sold out in a heartbeat.

In recent seasons, 3000 to Forest, 5000+ to Everton, 6000+ to Liverpool shows the interest is still there.

A 20,000 seater stadium ( built in stages or with options to increase ) would show that the club still has an ambition to at least get into the championship, a 12000 seater arena such as the Failsworth debacle with no scope for increase condems the club to the lower divisions for the forseeable future and possibly for ever.

Once the club decides to go along this route it will be the day I stop going!!

The reason our home support is so poor is because of the general decline of the ground and club over the last 20 years.

If we had been up near the top of the league challenging for promotion we'd have sold out in a heartbeat.

In recent seasons, 3000 to Forest, 5000+ to Everton, 6000+ to Liverpool shows the interest is still there.

A 20,000 seater stadium ( built in stages or with options to increase ) would show that the club still has an ambition to at least get into the championship, a 12000 seater arena such as the Failsworth debacle with no scope for increase condems the club to the lower divisions for the forseeable future and possibly for ever.

Once the club decides to go along this route it will be the day I stop going!!

I understand what you mean by not wanting to see the club have a lack of ambition, however a 20,000 seater stadium is wasted on us because we are a few miles from currently the 2 best teams in the country and even if they were both :censored:, they would always warrant 99% of football fans in Manchester and surrounding areas.

Lets face it the only reason we took 3,000 to Forest was because after such a :censored: season, we get a break from the league and its £10 per ticket agains the twice European Champions.

As for the 5,000 at Everton and 6,000 at Liverpool, a reasonable percentage would have been occasional Latics fans and ManUre and Citeh fans having a piss up with their Oldham supporting mates.

As for the 5,000 at Everton and 6,000 at Liverpool, a reasonable percentage would have been occasional Latics fans and ManUre and Citeh fans having a piss up with their Oldham supporting mates.

Did I ever confess to bringing a a (vaguely) Chelsea supporting ginger Paddy student to that one?

When I saw him in the summer I suggested that he should come over from Liverpool next time I was up for a game. He said, "But what if it's like the last time?"

Depends really - I dare say if it as 2 per ST holder a lot of the spares would have gone to Latics without a ST but it is a lot of hassle and stress, especially for those who travel or don't know many who live locally.

Agree about capacity. A willy-waving capacity would just make us look stupid when we did get big games, and even more so when we have no team because we spent all the money on empty seats so had no team.

I am not 100% sure how many tickets there were for Latics fans but call it 7,000 (although I think we had a few hundred more).

We have about 2,800 season ticket holders?

Not everyone with a ST would have wanted 2 tickets so roughly 2,000+ after ST's have had first dibs.

Many of the regulars (not ST holders) wanting tickets from the remaining 2,000 would have already been sorted out by ST holders.

Leaving loads of tickets for regulars who don't know anyone who can sort them out.

I understand many like yourself live darn sarf, but you know plenty on here and I am sure you would get sorted out.

As for the clingers on who can't be arsed turning up these days, unless we get a plum cup match............well let them :censored: off quite frankly.

Did I ever confess to bringing a a (vaguely) Chelsea supporting ginger Paddy student to that one?

When I saw him in the summer I suggested that he should come over from Liverpool next time I was up for a game. He said, "But what if it's like the last time?"

I hope you told him we played okay at Liverpool and if he had seen us play away at Rochdale he would have had cause for complaint?

It's impossible to keep everyone happy.

When the ticket policy for the Liverpool game was announced I thought 1 ticket per ST was wrong - 2 per ST would have been my suggestion. But to be fair to the club it looks like they've called it right this time.

Is everyone not happy?

Haven't seen too many moans on here about people not being catered for, certainly a contrast to last year.

There were several on here on various threads who said ideally, they would have wanted another ticket for non ST holders who sit with them every week.

As for last year, just about everyone who made the effort to get a ticket for Anfield got sorted.

I only remember 1 on here state that on the Friday they went on open sale, he decided to get up at 10am and chance his arm and it backfired because we had sold out.

I work with a United fan who lives in Chadderton and therefore decided LFC away last season would be his first Latics match ever.

He got up at 7am, went to BP and queued for a ticket.

By the way this message board is only a very small percentage of Latics fans, how many more were not "sorted out" and therefore potentially pissed off?

It's impossible to keep everyone happy.

When the ticket policy for the Liverpool game was announced I thought 1 ticket per ST was wrong - 2 per ST would have been my suggestion. But to be fair to the club it looks like they've called it right this time.

How?

We have hundreds left with nobody queuing up?

The only ones we will sell now will be to LFC fans.

Also the worst bit about this is simon corney previously saying “If it was down to me I would make sure we give every ticket to a Latics fan''. what a joke.

http://menmedia.co.u...p-ticket-ruling

To be fair, Simon Corney does not stand in the ticket office all day overseeing exactly who we do and don't sell tickets to. I'm also pretty sure every single news update on the OS doesn't get run by him first, he probably read this :censored: when we did and spat his coffee all over the monitor. He's the club owner, not the IT guy or the ticket lady, sorry.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=37125&st=40

For reference at the point where tickets were going on open sale the next morning last year. There is quite a lot which is the antithesis of this years arguments. Club essentially cannot win as some people are always going to be unhappy with whatever decision is made.

http://www.owtb.co.u...pic=37125&st=40

For reference at the point where tickets were going on open sale the next morning last year. There is quite a lot which is the antithesis of this years arguments. Club essentially cannot win as some people are always going to be unhappy with whatever decision is made.

your'e dammed if you do and dammed if you don't

1 ticket per ST was right. 2 tickets per ST wouldn't have necessarily improved things as many (not all) would have bought the extra ticket for a non-Latics mate who fancied the day trip, or used it for someone who has now bought on open sale or (worse for the club) wouldn't have gone to Brentford but did so in order to get a voucher. It will still sell out and there were always going to be Liverpool fans in the home end because, as Rosa pointed out, there always are for Liverpool games anywhere.

The main issue was the club openly publishing, and making a feature out of, the fact they were selling to Liverpool fans. It was embarrassing, will no doubt lead them into trouble with the police if it does turn nawty, and may result in the police forcing the club to give the whole RRE over next time we have a big game at BP.

Edited by jsslatic