The greatest Latics match commentary ever

Makes the hairs stand up on the back of your neck. But also makes our current plight feel all the more depressing.

It still actually brings a tear to my eye everytime I listen to it. In fact, it makes me emotional just thinking about that brilliant piece of commentary! Now though its a mixture of nostalgia tinged with the sadness of knowing we'll never be able to recreate it.

Edited by danoafc

Haven't got it but remember it word for word…..

"Hallworth clears long, flicked out wide to Holden, twisting and turning gets in the cross and RITCHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, I don't believe it Oldham have forced a replay deep into stoppage time………"

Fell off the top bunk bed, bashed my head and nearly came through the ceiling I was 12 at the time, well past 10 o'clock on a school night due to the delayed kick off. Mum wasn't too pleased and some bastard nicked my Latics Tracksuit off the washing line that same night….

"Hallworth clears long, flicked out wide to Holden, twisting and turning gets in the cross and RITCHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, I don't believe it Oldham have forced a replay deep into stoppage time………"

Fell off the top bunk bed, bashed my head and nearly came through the ceiling I was 12 at the time, well past 10 o'clock on a school night due to the delayed kick off. Mum wasn't too pleased and some bastard nicked my Latics Tracksuit off the washing line that same night….

I have a recording of the TV highlights of that match on a video tape somewhere, will try and fish it out.

Edited by BP1960

Listened to that whilst fettling a Triumph in the garden shed at my girlfreinds house in Blackburn.

• 3 months later...

The commentary from Southampton of Stitch's late goal was pretty special….

Andy Buckley on GMR before he covered CIty

Never heard it. It was pretty special in the ground though.

One Roger Milford, there's only one Roger Milford, one Roger Milford, there's only one Roger Milford........

On the highlights I remember the cameras going onto a young girl celebrating their "winner" . I laughed every time knowing what was about to happen.

Edited by Magic Mikey

Listened to that whilst fettling a Triumph in the garden shed at my girlfreinds house in Blackburn.

FIFY Listened to that whilst furtling a pic of my girlfriend in the Triumph in the garden shed at house in Blackburn. :wink:

I was there....best game of my life