Having re-watched the match...

First I would like to say fair play to Smith. I have openly slated him on here and just didnt think that he had it in him but yesterday he played like I would want someone of his physique and stature to play. He also did some nice touches and lay offs, aside from battering their centre backs and scoring a brace.

He really needs to do that every week, but to look that good he will need the others to match their performances too.

Second, the win is even sweeter because I thought Baxter was often trying to be too elaborate at times and a lot of things didnt happen for him, you can still see his quality however.

I personally thought Simpson had a great game too alongside Smith but why does he not do this in the league!!?!

First half we looked very strong down the right hand side with Croft and Wabara bombing forward and linking with the front men and played some good football. Think we will definitely miss Wabara, hopefully Brown can step up to the plate!

I have watched two games on the TV now, this and the Sheff United game and we look a good side, but it just isn't happening week in week out. Despite the result I still think it could be time for Dickov to go because I am not confident the players are motivated and organised well enough to do this in the league.

I've only managed to watch the first half. Did my ears deceive me or did Andy Townsend say that Sterling "got enough of the ball" when he pollaxed M'changama?

What a clueless :censored:ing idiot.

I had a perfect view. My immediate reaction was great tackle. Having watched it back, I wouldn't use that description, a booking was fair.

I've only managed to watch the first half. Did my ears deceive me or did Andy Townsend say that Sterling "got enough of the ball" when he pollaxed M'changama?

What a clueless :censored:ing idiot.

Townsend also said something along the lines of "Oldham are winning mainly due to Smiths 2 goals" :petesake:

I read a report in an Abu Dhabi based newspaper who had a bit of a go at Liverpool for being dirty, whilst applauding us for being physical yet fair.

It criticised Skrtel for having a go at Simpson after he went for the 50-50 ball with Jones.

Sturridge for having a go at Byrne when he looked like he was going to punch him.

Said that Sterling could have been sent off for a double booking within the first 20 mins.

Seemed a pretty good write up.

Also, I note a bit has been made of Sturridge being fouled in the build up to the 2nd goal, but he went down so easily and that wasn't really picked up on TV. Suarez also dived down holding his head in the 1st half I think after recieving a small tap which was pathetic. Credit to the referee should be given for not being sucked in.

I read a report in an Abu Dhabi based newspaper who had a bit of a go at Liverpool for being dirty, whilst applauding us for being physical yet fair.

It criticised Skrtel for having a go at Simpson after he went for the 50-50 ball with Jones.

Sturridge for having a go at Byrne when he looked like he was going to punch him.

Said that Sterling could have been sent off for a double booking within the first 20 mins.

Seemed a pretty good write up.

Also, I note a bit has been made of Sturridge being fouled in the build up to the 2nd goal, but he went down so easily and that wasn't really picked up on TV. Suarez also dived down holding his head in the 1st half I think after recieving a small tap which was pathetic. Credit to the referee should be given for not being sucked in.

Absolutely nothing was made of the tackle from behind on Simpson by Coates in the build up for their 1st goal though.

It's easily as much of a foul as the Grounds "foul" on Sturridge that the loosers are moaning about.

Absolutely nothing was made of the tackle from behind on Simpson by Coates in the build up for their 1st goal though.

It's easily as much of a foul as the Grounds "foul" on Sturridge that the loosers are moaning about.

Grounds's assault on Sturridge was a foul - also a massive contender for champagne moment. A shove in the back, followed by a cheeky stamp-and-rake on the calf. It's a man's game - or it least it was on Sunday.

Defo a foul on Simpson as well though.

Simpson should never have been booked for his "foul" on Jones. How their players escaped a booking I don't know - he had his shirt torn open!

At the time I thought Sterling's tackle on Changy should have been a red but re-watching, a yellow was right. I thought he should have had a second yellow for a professional foul in the second half. It was no better than Smith's shirt tug which earned him a yellow.

Speaking of shirt tugs, there was a clear one on Byrne in their penalty area (think by Skrtel) shortly before half time. It was no different to the one which Smith got booked for yet no action by the ref.

Its all the more sweet that their fans are moaning about the ref when their players routinely cheat and get away with it. Skrtel falling down holding his face after fouling Smith was disgusting behaviour - not an isolated incident either. I don't watch much Premier League football and Sunday reinforced why. I think we see too much gamesmanship in League 1 but the Liverpool players were the most negative I've seen in this respect this season.

Edited by bossrocks

Gerrard was clearly different class, but he was constantly bending the ref's ear, and pointing to various parts of the pitch, presumably showing the ref what Gerrard thought he had missed, and reminding him of his obligations to the Greedy League's representative. Full credit to the ref for not giving in.

Gerrard was clearly different class, but he was constantly bending the ref's ear, and pointing to various parts of the pitch, presumably showing the ref what Gerrard thought he had missed, and reminding him of his obligations to the Greedy League's representative. Full credit to the ref for not giving in.

I could not believe the extent of his dialogue with the ref. It's almost as if he was sent on for that reason.

Listening to the second half on here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01qhrxn - I didn't get time to finish it yesterday even Lawro has said we are playing really well.

We did do some good stuff, it will be hard to replicate that performance but if we do against what we face in the last months of the season there is no way we will be in the bottom four.

You've set the standards lads, you've shown to us and yourselves what you can do now get out there and do it. I hope we use this as a springboard not just for the rest of this season but as a form of rebirth of the club. We are pretty much at rock bottom, as low as we've been in my living memory, we need to make sure that the only way we go is up, The lads at the back can have confidence in Bouzanis that he can make saves, he and the midfield have seen that the defence will get in there where it hurts to block and tackle. The midfield have shown that they can disrupt and create and the forwards have shown they can batter and bully defences and cause problems for experienced players.

One thing to do it against Liverpool but the parts are there to do it against lesser teams, put them together and be better than the sum of the parts.

It's on at 12.00noon and 8.30pm on Liverpool FC TV today.

I recommend anyone to tune in, the Liverpool commentator was very good, loads of facts about the Latics players and relatively unbiased, Gillespie was a true red though.

I watched the match back yesterday and the last 20 minutes dragged as much as they did on Sunday. Don't understand why Skirtl and Jones weren't booked at the same time as Simmo tho (foot into the keepers face'll get ya a yellow in 99% of games) but retaliation is just as bad. Sturridge got away with his right hook on Byrney (woulda been funny to see what was left of him if he'd actually caught Byrney tho :laught16: )

Probably the funnisest thing for me watching it back was Clive "It's not football if it aint ManUre playing" Tibberlesly failing completely with Changy and Jimbo's surnames! Did anyone else notice the faintest of touches that Boozy got on Gerrards piledriver? The ball changes rotation after it goes past his hand!

Jesus wept, that was a long 6 minutes, don't think I can remember an injury time that just went on and on. I was at the match, I've watch the game on TV, the highlights and I know we bloody win but listening to that commentary I was getting nervous.

If you listen carefully you can hear most of the crowd go "SIX?!?!" when it's announced!

I've watched it time and time again!

I still can't believe that the donkey I've seen up front for the last 18 months put in a performance like that.

All heroes, fron Changy who only did 6 minutes, all the way through to Mellor and Taylor who came on late!

And a quick word for Dickov. Tactically naïve and probably going to take us down, but he has provided me with two of the greatest days of my life, Sunday and the Forest game. For that, Paul, Thank you and I love you...

Am I right in thinking that the slope that used to be on the pitch was removed once we put the plastic down in 86?

Andy Townsend after we scored first said that we have the advantage as we are shooting down the slope which is very cleary visible!!!!!

Total and utter clown!! Cant stand him!! he actually sounded dpressed for most of the game because we where in front

Jesus wept, that was a long 6 minutes, don't think I can remember an injury time that just went on and on. I was at the match, I've watch the game on TV, the highlights and I know we bloody win but listening to that commentary I was getting nervous.

I don't know where he got the 6 min from.

The longest injury was when Smith and Taylor clashed,from the TV timer the time from the clash to the stretchering of was 3 min.

Am I right in thinking that the slope that used to be on the pitch was removed once we put the plastic down in 86?

Andy Townsend after we scored first said that we have the advantage as we are shooting down the slope which is very cleary visible!!!!!

Total and utter clown!! Cant stand him!! he actually sounded dpressed for most of the game because we where in front

If you are in the mainstand which most commentators are then you are looking at the wall of the lookers and it is taller at the RRE end than the Chaddy, by a lot. To the untrained eye it looks like there is a massive slope.

Can't believe I'm defending Townsend.

If you are in the mainstand which most commentators are then you are looking at the wall of the lookers and it is taller at the RRE end than the Chaddy, by a lot. To the untrained eye it looks like there is a massive slope.

Well listeneing to his analysis he definetly has untrained eyes!

I don't know where he got the 6 min from.

The longest injury was when Smith and Taylor clashed,from the TV timer the time from the clash to the stretchering of was 3 min.

Wasn't it 5 subs second half = 2 1/2 minutes, plus some cheeky time wasting, so not a lot at all really.

I think there is still somewhat of a slope, but don't defend Townsend for anything. Ever.

Wasn't it 5 subs second half = 2 1/2 minutes, plus some cheeky time wasting, so not a lot at all really.

I think there is still somewhat of a slope, but don't defend Townsend for anything. Ever.

I think the slope is barely two feet now but, on the Townsend side of things, he made me smile when he called Changy a "flying winger" after the Sterling, ahem, challenge.