Corney The Clown

why does he need to update us we know our situation!!

I believe that a lot of people, who are now genuinely interested in Latics following all the good publicity, do not know the seriousness of the Club's situation in relation to its future. Therefore it's a good time to draw attention to it.

why does he need to update us we know our situation!!

Do you think his statement was mainly aimed at the regular attendees?

Surely only a :clown: would think that.

Also I think you need to re -read it re the town not wanting a team. He said he had wondered it, not that he is now.

Of course, we and he know the product on the pitch and the division we are in has played a huge part.

Even Paul Dickov has said himself it is a talented squad. Something we all know.

I think Simon Corney is deluded. How can he say we have a talented squad? our starting 11 is talented without a doubt but all you have to do is look at our bench and its kids. So baring in mind we only really have a starting 11 and no squad depth realistically we knew this season was going to be a struggle. Then when he says he doesn't know if Oldham want a club anymore is harsh. Does he forget that we have man united and city on our door steps with a lot of glory supporters choosing to watch them.

As much as I have had serious reservations about how the club has been run these past few years, and I am not going to criticise you for having the opinion you do about the playing squad (league table doesn't lie), calling the man a clown is a bit harsh!

Corney just can't do anything right by some people, can he?

You can analyse his statement to the nth degree and to find the negatives, or you can just look at it for what it is - an open article, trying to explain to the fans where the club's at after the sequence of events that's happened recently.

Top bloke, and hopefully he realises that ridiculous threads like this don't represent the opinion of the majority.

Keepers; Bouzanis, Cisak, Jacobs

Defenders; Brown, Mvoto, Grounds, Byrne, Tarkowski,

Midfielders; Furman, Wesolowski, Croft, Montano, Obita, M'changama, Mellor, Winchester, Hughes, Sutherland

Forwards; Baxter, Smith, Simpson, Iwelumo, Taylor

not much wrong there imo, just abit of strengthening needed.

I think Corney is wise enough to realise that he isn't going to please everybody by making his statement. I happen to think the bloke is honest and sincere, we all know where he stands on the Dickov issue, most other chairmen just throw the vote of confidence out. We all want to see the place packed like it was on Sunday it wont happen until we start playing good football every week, the rest of us for some perverse reason just turn up in the hope it will happen. Sunday could be the turning point but I also thought Forest was the turning point. Saturdays game I am really looking forward to I have renewed optimism.

Get this topic deleted administrator! What a dick head. Not often I speak like that but you lad have made yourself look the clown. Barnard and the rest signed today will have cost a fair bit. But it's still clearly corney in the wrong. He could have left when the other 2 owners jumped ship but he didn't. Simon is a REAL Oldham legend!

Get this topic deleted administrator! What a dick head. Not often I speak like that but you lad have made yourself look the clown. Barnard and the rest signed today will have cost a fair bit. But it's still clearly corney in the wrong. He could have left when the other 2 owners jumped ship but he didn't. Simon is a REAL Oldham legend!

+1