SC panned on R5

In a biased and uninformed show on R5 on Monday night, Simon Corney was panned especially by Robbie Savage who is apparently a mate of PD. Crofty was the Latics man in the studio showing lots of loyalty to PD.

Latics and Crofty from 8min 30 sec to 20 min.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...lub_28_01_2013/

Edited by laticsrblue

Robbie Savage is a total clown! none of the so called "experts" have a clue what happens at Oldham on a week to week basis and for some reason seem to think that we should just get relegated without a fight because we beat Liverpool in the cup!

Savage says PD has been loyal and maybe should leave while his stock is still high.Any chairman in the game worth his salt would look at his record and say great results in the cup but wtf no wins for months in the league and 1 point out of 27.

So sick of these people acting like they know everything, "certain players wouldnt have come to us if it wasnt for PD" may be so but who did they mention,4 players

Baxter -We got from Everton.........NO we didnt you dicks!

Derbyshire- iI will give them, but he didnt stick around for PD did he and wasnt that great anyway - also hadnt played foorball for over 12 months when he signed so we did him a favour

Croft just got released so shows how much Derby think of him and the other one they knew about was Smith!

Rant Over! Knobs!

Robbie Savage is a total clown! none of the so called "experts" have a clue what happens at Oldham on a week to week basis and for some reason seem to think that we should just get relegated without a fight because we beat Liverpool in the cup!

Savage says PD has been loyal and maybe should leave while his stock is still high.Any chairman in the game worth his salt would look at his record and say great results in the cup but wtf no wins for months in the league and 1 point out of 27.

So sick of these people acting like they know everything, "certain players wouldnt have come to us if it wasnt for PD" may be so but who did they mention,4 players

Derbyshire- iI will give them, but he didnt stick around for PD did he and wasnt that great anyway - also hadnt played foorball for over 12 months when he signed so we did him a favour

Croft just got released so shows how much Derby think of him and the other one they knew about was Smith!

Rant Over! Knobs!

Well said, that man!

This is going to be a runner.

Savage suffers from verbal IBS he irritates the hell out of you and can't stop it.

Whilst everyone wants PD to do well let's face it SC doing the negotiating asPD was chatting to City fans by all accounts down at the Etihad.

Unless the performance in div 1 are vastly improved Savage will have a sidekick on the radio very soon.

I like PD and yet talk of loyalty is utter bollocks. He would be gone if he wasn't such an enthusiastic hard worker. But we need results.

With the squad we have stronger today than yesterday no excuses.

Croft wants to look hard at himself before making any comment. Overweight professional footballer who has talent but wasting it. He can say what he wants but hes not fit enough. Sounds familiar.

The players are equally responsible for not listening but time to prove a few points.

The fact that he was at the Etihad is going to become a bit of an issue amongst fans, regarding the events yesterday, but I imagine Dickov played a huge part in convincing the players to come to Oldham. Cup fever aside, the club doesn't exactly offer much to tempt a player that has had other offers on the table.

Whilst everyone wants PD to do well let's face it SC doing the negotiating asPD was chatting to City fans by all accounts down at the Etihad.

I wouldn't hold that against him.

The £££s and paper work isn't for the manager to sort out.

Edited by opinions4u

Rant Over! Knobs!

Savage just backs his mates, but...

You say these "experts" dobt know what goes on at latics every week. Croft was there - he has a better idea than any of us do.

Last week Most chairman when asked about dickov's future would have said "Lets just enjoy the moment" and left it at that. Simon loves to hear the sound of his own voice.

The picture of the players in the changing room after the game - Corney is there, where is Dickov? That spoke volumes to me and not in a good way. Tells me everything I need to know about Corney.

What I will say now is we have brought in players who coupled with what we have and to come back (Furman, smith and Simmo) should have enough to stay up....

And win the cup.

Credit to Corney for the Barnard signing, I didnt think we'd pay the wages for someone of that standard to be honest.

Savage just backs his mates, but...

You say these "experts" dobt know what goes on at latics every week. Croft was there - he has a better idea than any of us do.

Last week Most chairman when asked about dickov's future would have said "Lets just enjoy the moment" and left it at that. Simon loves to hear the sound of his own voice.

The picture of the players in the changing room after the game - Corney is there, where is Dickov? That spoke volumes to me and not in a good way. Tells me everything I need to know about Corney.

What I will say now is we have brought in players who coupled with what we have and to come back (Furman, smith and Simmo) should have enough to stay up....

And win the cup.

Credit to Corney for the Barnard signing, I didnt think we'd pay the wages for someone of that standard to be honest.

In regard to the picture, PD may have been doing an interview when that was taken, he may have been having a drink with Rodgers, he may have been taking a :censored:!

Some of the starting 11 are not in some pics, Like Smith who may also have been doing interviews

Corney puts alot of money into the club and if it wasnt for him we may not have had days like Sunday so why not enjoy the occasion? The picture tells you what you want to make up about it.

as for the interviews he was put on the spot most of the time after saying "lets just enjoy it" would you want to give his whole backing after the form this season just because of one game? He dealt with it the best possible way without backing or sacking him in the press

r.e Croft, what should he have said, he didnt say much except we are underperforming and that we have good players are at the club, PD is a good manager, he is his mate with PD and Savage and has now not got a club he may have already known)so I wouldnt expect him to say to much about what goes on inside the club...would you?

and as for backing the manager without opening his mouth, How about all those signings yesterday, now that can speak volumes but some can read that in a negative way if they try.

Edited by palmer1

Rant Over! Knobs!

Quite right too.....if anyone has shown loyalty it's Simon Corney towards Dickov. At almost any other club in the country I wager he would have been sacked long ago.

Totally biased views from someone who hasn't a clue as to what's really gone one at the club.

I would love them to give Corney the opportunity to put his own views to the panel but we know that won't happen.

Correct assessment ....total knobs!!!

In regard to the picture, PD may have been doing an interview when that was taken, he may have been having a drink with Rodgers, he may have been taking a :censored:!

Some of the starting 11 are not in some pics, Like Smith who may also have been doing interviews

Corney puts alot of money into the club and if it wasnt for him we may not have had days like Sunday so why not enjoy the occasion? The picture tells you what you want to make up about it.

as for the interviews he was put on the spot most of the time after saying "lets just enjoy it" would you want to give his whole backing after the form this season just because of one game? He dealt with it the best possible way without backing or sacking him in the press

r.e Croft, what should he have said, he didnt say much except we are underperforming and that we have good players are at the club, PD is a good manager, he is his mate with PD and Savage and has now not got a club he may have already known)so I wouldnt expect him to say to much about what goes on inside the club...would you?

and as for backing the manager without opening his mouth, How about all those signings yesterday, now that can speak volumes but some can read that in a negative way if they try.

I wasn't impressed with how SC handled last week, no one will change my mind on that. I do however give him credit for yesterday, because it is deserved. Yesterday Dickov was backed to get us out of this mess by Corney. Anyone who says he hasn't isn't telling the truth.Big 3 months for Dickov and OAFC.

Savage epitomizes whats wrong with football ,

A very average player that was earning 35k per week and now carving out a good living as a TV pundit.

Football certainly allows some plebs to make a great living out of the game because as with a lot of footballers they would probably be in jail if they weren't !!!!!!!!!

Edited by losesome

We have greater insight, perhaps?

you know how he runs the club from top to bottom? I doubt it! I know you worked for the club for a short while, your dealings with him reagrding OWTB's where not happiest ones?

Im not trying to be funny about it Ackey, I have noticed that there have been a few things written by admin about him and it seems more personal?

Edited by palmer1

Are we not allowed to call him a nob because we think he's a nob based on our individual interactions with him?

If you think he is a nob personally because of the way he treated you, then yeah why not thats your issue with him

but for one of admin to post he is a :censored: last week when discussing the club and how its run, maybe other reasons? I could be wrong obviously......... just curious

Edited by palmer1

you know how he runs the club from top to bottom? I doubt it! I know you worked for the club for a short while, your dealings with him reagrding OWTB's where not happiest ones?

Im not trying to be funny about it Ackey, I have noticed that there have been a few things written by admin about him and it seems more personal?

As Zorrro says above we're speaking individually here - and I'm certainly not trying to be funny with you either, you're one of the more reasoned posters.

But I've had many dealings with Simon (almost all related to non-OWTB things) and none fill me with confidence.

I've seen communications where he speaks to people like they are dogs, and given his well published personal behavior that's ironic.

I wish him well in his work with the club but the actions I have seen only leave me with fear and loathing.

Nothing wrong with that, good radio. Savage is always a good listen as he is opinionated, agree with him or not. The hosts are always going to come down on the side of the guests - if Simon Corney had been there they would have been blaming the manager and players for the dismal league form and praising the chairman for his support for the club!

Edited by Stainrod

As Zorrro says above we're speaking individually here - and I'm certainly not trying to be funny with you either, you're one of the more reasoned posters.

But I've had many dealings with Simon (almost all related to non-OWTB things) and none fill me with confidence.

I've seen communications where he speaks to people like they are dogs, and given his well published personal behavior that's ironic.

I wish him well in his work with the club but the actions I have seen only leave me with fear and loathing.

Fair enough mate, thanks for the explanation

Did anyone listen to monday's guardian football podcast?

"Oldham Chairman Simon corney headbutted me once*" was a contibution from one the guests. Then went on to tell a story about them being on the same Uni football side and Corney nutted him.

*He may have desreved it, I don't know. This isn't a dig at corney, It just made me laugh.

Edited by pukka

SC is right, PD and the team are under performing in league 1. The FA cup results against Doncaster, Forest and Liverpool prove this. Those results are no excuse. I'm more disappointed by the league performance having seen the FA cup performances - it makes me angry. 1 point from 24 does not lie. SC is letting his friendship with Dickov cloud his judgement because he now has the money to sack him.

Listening to that I get out of it, and this may be reading between the lines, is that PD went out with idiot Savage after the game and had a good moan about the situation and how loyal he's been and could have gone on to better things.

Savage goes on about the quality he's added to the squad (Baxter, Derbyshire, Croft) and how he's a great motivator.....obvious question then Mr Savage is why are we one point off relegation zone having played a game more?

PD has become the 'littel blue eyed boy' of the footballing media.

Ronnie Irani on talk sport "PD maybe sacked, do you believe that !!!"

Now I'm no PD outer but what I will back is the opinion of all those who get off the backside every week and get down to BP over those who probably havn't been to BP or watched Oldham once this year, no mater of how much of an expert they have been.

You are witnessing me becoming a PD outer....or a PD ef off then if you are too good for us.

Now I'm no PD outer but what I will back is the opinion of all those who get off the backside every week and get down to BP over those who probably havn't been to BP or watched Oldham once this year, no mater of how much of an expert they have been.

This is what it boils down to the only result the "experts" (who 90% of which are ridiculously over paid for the insight they offer and I've seen how much some of them get paid first hand in my previous job) have noticed for Oldham in the last few years is the reults we get in the FA Cup.

Quite frankly 99% of the people on here can give a better insight than Savage can on this subject.