Furman being booed

He's Having a good game by all accounts even though its 1-1 but every time he gets the ball theres boo's.

My point is the coverage hasnt said a thing and the only thing I can see is he's the only white player in the two teams and the boo's appear to be racist in nature.

Is there anyone else watching that can clarify this? I do feel for the guy if thats the case.

Edited by KYLEOAFC

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Furman has stepped up and been top class this tournament, we need him to be like this when he comes back if we have a chance of staying up? He will be ending at the end of this season.

Even before this he was gonna leave, just a shame we won't get a fee for him.

Either way, I'd sell him if he was under contract, who knows maybe hell come back an inspired player and lead us out of this mess, but with Furman I feel he never quite became the leader and quality central midfielder of us that we had hoped for. His passing is fairly standard, sideways stuff, he has an attacking threat and a good shot but doesn't use it, I dunno maybe he's been mismanaged, but he had potential to be a post prem days great for us, and in 4 years he's not quite fulfilled it. Even in recent years I'd put him below Wellens, Kilkenny and Stephens.

Edited by PlayItLivo

mlungu = white person

umlungu = a white person

Its not negative just a South African term.

See you learn something new everyday!

Dickov= P45

I'm told it is slightly dependant on context, but that it generally means, "white man," in the same way as, "spade," or, "coon," means, "black man." It's normal usage would equate to something like, ":censored:ing white bastard." It may be that's a post-modern way of accepting him of course, hope so.

I'm told it is slightly dependant on context, but that it generally means, "white man," in the same way as, "spade," or, "coon," means, "black man." It's normal usage would equate to something like, ":censored:ing white bastard." It may be that's a post-modern way of accepting him of course, hope so.

Jorvik Latic will know