Rumour about dowie

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why don't the fans make it clear to Simon Corney, we would like him here on Saturday. I know making a banner its easy and who up for it than, I got nothing here to make a banner with as i am in the main stand paddock ,someone from chaddy end could get a banner out.

We could have one to get the RRE bar opened aswell.

why don't the fans make it clear to Simon Corney, we would like him here on Saturday. I know making a banner its easy and who up for it than, I got nothing here to make a banner with as i am in the main stand paddock ,someone from chaddy end could get a banner out.

It would be most effective hung from the camera gantry facing the Club's Directors in the Main Stand.

I'm bringing my Gannon In banner. Keep yours away from mine!

The gate money from the Everton replay alone would fund Dowie for a couple of seasons....we have to get the feel good factor back, this last few weeks with the cup run has been a massive boost.

The new stand is the start of a new era.... We have to strike while the iron's hot so to speak....there are a lot of similarities here with the pinch me seasons...the right manager in now could really turn this club around.

I say...go for it!!!

Always been and admirer of Tony Kirk.See no reason to change that now.

Lets we how are on Tuesday.

If we put in half the effort of MK Dons and Everton then TP for the rest of the season, but guarantee of back to the kids.

great to see him urging on the players with 10 to go.

The gate money from the Everton replay alone would fund Dowie for a couple of seasons....we have to get the feel good factor back, this last few weeks with the cup run has been a massive boost.

The new stand is the start of a new era.... We have to strike while the iron's hot so to speak....there are a lot of similarities here with the pinch me seasons...the right manager in now could really turn this club around.

I say...go for it!!!

Have to agree we need to get the most from this feelgood factor there are young fans who have never seen anything like this. But I would not have Dowie back

I only want Dowie on the right terms (we shouldn't blow all our windfall on him) including the understanding that budgets will continue to be tight whilst we get the stand built and try and get ourselves back on our feet. Use and development of our homegrown talent continues to be a must.

Last week and today shows that we don't needa miracle worker to survive this season. Just someone who can get this squad to perform to their abilities.

I am only putting 2 and 2 together here and I may be a million miles off the truth but considering the following:

- The decision has been made to keep the youth system.

- TP has said in the Chron ultimately that we have had some good youth team players coming through but their development was stalling as soon as the got to reserve team level.

Would it be the expectation of any new manager to actually use it this time and bring through our own players as opposed to a team made up of prem reserve team players on loan?

Hence with any new manager would Latics want to bring in someone with a very good coaching pedigree, capable of not only bringing the younger players through, but making them better, aka Sammy Lee?

PS: This is not a 'Sammy Lee in' post, although I would not be against the idea to the extent that some people on here are.

I am only putting 2 and 2 together here and I may be a million miles off the truth but considering the following:

- The decision has been made to keep the youth system.

- TP has said in the Chron ultimately that we have had some good youth team players coming through but their development was stalling as soon as the got to reserve team level.

Would it be the expectation of any new manager to actually use it this time and bring through our own players as opposed to a team made up of prem reserve team players on loan?

I'm pretty sure SC has already said as much.

Edited by Twisbrogan