So, big announcements tomorrow or Friday

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Planning application submitted. Progress....

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130214-newstand-657382.aspx

What happened to the planned increase in size that Corney spoke about? As far as I remember the capacity matches the original designs.

While it is welcome news and about time, without going over old ground that is a very small capacity for a stand running the length of the pitch. For example, the equivalent stand at Rochdale holds in excess of 3000!

In the original Oldham Arena design the new Chaddy stand was planned with a reduced capacity of about 3000....a total home capacity of 8400 is not in keeping with a possible change in fortunes and a team aiming for the championship.

What happened to the planned increase in size that Corney spoke about? As far as I remember the capacity matches the original designs.

While it is welcome news and about time, without going over old ground that is a very small capacity for a stand running the length of the pitch. For example, the equivalent stand at Rochdale holds in excess of 3000!

In the original Oldham Arena design the new Chaddy stand was planned with a reduced capacity of about 3000....a total home capacity of 8400 is not in keeping with a possible change in fortunes and a team aiming for the championship.

Old Lookers (Ford, Broadway) stand held 2,200, so this is an increase. :lookers:

I think the stadium development as they put it hints at more than the Broadway Stand being re-developed, I just hope they don't see it as a good idea to close the George Hill Stand now.

Since when has aiming for the Championship been on the agenda?!

If, as a club, we are more than happy to remain in this division without any ambition to reach the championship, myself and I suspect quite a few others will become a part of the "lapsed fan" statistics!!!

If, as a club, we are more than happy to remain in this division without any ambition to reach the championship, myself and I suspect quite a few others will become a part of the "lapsed fan" statistics!!!

Here here. There's no moral high ground by saying you're happy to watch us in the lower leagues from now until eternity. It's boring. Right investment/management on/off the field anyone can have a go. Hope isn't permanent.

Old Lookers (Ford, Broadway) stand held 2,200, so this is an increase. :lookers:

I think the stadium development as they put it hints at more than the Broadway Stand being re-developed, I just hope they don't see it as a good idea to close the George Hill Stand now.

I think you will find it was nearer to 2500.

Here here. There's no moral high ground by saying you're happy to watch us in the lower leagues from now until eternity. It's boring. Right investment/management on/off the field anyone can have a go. Hope isn't permanent.

Absolutely, getting back into the Championship is the only way of reversing the current apathy and decline in crowds, unfortunately can't see it happening under the current ownership.