pd would you have him back ?

NO. I understand everyone saying "he's a nice bloke" cause, yes he is. But do you want a nice manager who can't manage, the team lose and play :censored: football and get relegated? Its a little baffling for me why people are so obsessed with the bloke. Yes he's a nice guy, yes he gave his all for us and still have affection for us but he isn't here anymore and he isn't here because he didn't get a team of decent players to play week in week out. I'm not slating him personally but as a manager he wasn't up to scratch for us and that's why he resigned. he knows it, Corney knows it, we should know it

i think if pd asked to come back sc would have him back.and if you think about it he has seen what the players are capable of and they are the players he brought to the club,i as a fan would welcome him back,what are your thoughts?

Iwas just asking myself the same question....I answered myself in the affirmative.

A TP urging the players on with 10 mins to go instead of A PD berating the 4th official. Yeah, every time, er righto.

Some people have short memories.

WHat PD has done with the undoubtedly talented (and superbly persuaded to join by PD) but very underperforming team is a miracle.

The League table don't lie, we've been crap in the League for 18 months.

Most bizarre post, especially after that performance.

Edited by singe

Yes.

As chief scout and transfer persuaderer.

As manger? :censored: off!

This.

Best manager we have had in my time in terms of talking unthinkable players into signing for us.

One of the worst managers in my time for playing them out of position.

Lovely fella though and he genuinely cares for Latics!

It's like asking you or I to take over as manager!

I think we're caught up with yesterday by suggesting this, especially because he was over the moon when Matt scored. He loves the club granted and a really, really nice guy, especially returning yesterday as pundit and was in support rather than bitterness for leaving OAFZc.

Let's not take the gloss off yesterday being TP's influence though.

Had it been PD then Furman would have come back in, Byrne possibly. TP has given us a something back in his temporary role that we've had lacking.... Belief. Even Crofty looks and is playing different.

As much as I like him there is no room for sentiment in football.

He got more than a fair crack of the whip and could have had absolutely no complaints had we dispensed with his services much earlier than we did (my gut feeling is that the reason we didn't pull the trigger earlier was purely financial).

I wish him the very best and hope he gets another job in management, but I also hope that wherever he does end up next he can face up to his own weaknesses and appoint a number two that can compensate for this as Peter Taylor did with Brian Clough (which Gerry Taggart, no disrespect to him, didn't).

I know some divorced couples get back together but this just wouldn't work. We are where we are because of PD. With him we would most probably have lost against MK Dons and that is the difference, the wise experienced head on TP's shoulders got the same out of the team in league 1 as PD did in the FA Cup. Yesterdays draw was a better performance than our win against Liverpool and I agree we wouldn't have started with that team and made those substitutions with PD in charge. Never look back! We can go on to beat Everton, again, and keep our league 1 status with TP in charge. To get somebody new now would be a mistake.