Where were the missing 800?

Small selling period = 2 per season ticket.

Then we'll sell more.

I don't understand this 2 per season ticket idea. Are you saying that the 2nd person wouldn't go if the season ticket holder can't get them a ticket? It can't be because they can't sit together necessarily, because the season ticket holder may have other season ticket holders sitting next to them.

Seems to me that it's a good way of getting a ticket and not having to attend another game and not having to queue up like everyone else, just because your mates got a season ticket.

I know of 4 supporters who missed the game because of being away on holiday at half term.

Things like that, live tv, less selling days for tickets...they all contribute. But let's not beat ourselves up,.

And a reminder that it was Barry and the club that held out to keep the small part of the RRE for home support and that proved a very wise decision,

Z

I don't understand this 2 per season ticket idea. Are you saying that the 2nd person wouldn't go if the season ticket holder can't get them a ticket? It can't be because they can't sit together necessarily, because the season ticket holder may have other season ticket holders sitting next to them.

Seems to me that it's a good way of getting a ticket and not having to attend another game and not having to queue up like everyone else, just because your mates got a season ticket.

It's about speed of sale.

Two and a half weeks to sell that number of tickets and it makes sense to restrict to one per season ticket.

For the replay, there's only a week to sell them. We failed to shift them for the first game against Everton because the window of open sale was too restricted - and confused by messages about proof of address etc.

Edited by opinions4u

Latics have always had an hardcore of about 6 - 7 k supporters till this last few years when it has slowly died off, partly due to were we are and partly I presume the lack of money, I know for a fact we cant afford to go has much has we did, yes partly our fault for living 50 miles away, but to go now its £20 in petrol, £40 for 2 tickets and nephew tags along but he doesnt cost nowt becuase he has a ST (£10) plus a drink in the pub if we are early and a bloody hotdog for nephew it all adds up. hubby is in building trade and he is earning half the amount he was earning 10 years ago and the building trade has been in recession for 5 years!!!!!! so we find it tight for money to get there every match when bills start flying throught he letterbox its either Latics or Gas Bill!!!

Janet

I know of 4 supporters who missed the game because of being away on holiday at half term.

Things like that, live tv, less selling days for tickets...they all contribute. But let's not beat ourselves up,.

And a reminder that it was Barry and the club that held out to keep the small part of the RRE for home support and that proved a very wise decision,

Z

Good point, what would it have been like if we did not have the small RRE.

Pratically bankrupted myself to get everton tickets, now this means I miss Sat home game against pompey.

Its a hard balanacing act when a cup run happens.....do I forfeight league games for cup games or vice versa, torn to be honest.

Am trying to selling the hubby on Ebay in a snow balls in hell chance of affording the rematch next week...ye gods...replay is next week