Where were the missing 800?

I think it shows just how many Liverpool fans were in the home ends when we played them.

It's not very encouraging for the future when we can only attract just over 7,000 supporters vs Prem teams in the FA cup.

Suppose the extra 3,000 who went to the free game a few seasons ago were watching on telly.

Edited by laticsrblue

It's not very encouraging for the future when we can only attract just over 7,000 supporters vs Prem teams in the FA cup

Just shows what tv saturation has done. people cant be bothered to get off their arses and get out and support their team. I know some people would love to but just cant afford it, this is not a dig at you.

Where were they back on merseyside

Seriously watching this back now on tv the atmosphere comes through terrifically well the exposure that this cup run is giving us is fantastic. The proof being that at the last home game I was sat next to a group of guys from Norway. They had actually come to watch the United Everton game at Old Trafford but were intrigued by what had happened a few weeks earlier against Liverpool and made the trip to Boundary Park to get away from the money making machine at Old Trafford and go to a more genuine and English ground. We were broadcast on Norwegian tv against Liverpool and were again yesterday. The guy brought back an Oldham shirt and said that Gunnar Halle visited his shop regulary and he would show him the shirt.

People are sitting up and taking notice of us plus a younger generation of fans now has great memories of cup games at Boundary park.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Late last night in Middleton, I bumped into a couple of blokes fully kitted out in early 90's Latics shirts & hats and I presumed they'd been to the match given their choice of attire... turns out they've not been in years but are 'avid Oldham fans' and watched it in the pub. My mate also saw a fair few Latics' in Spoons aswell and said they were getting very excited about it all.

Just shows that we do have a vast supporter base still lingering on from the Prem days but getting them to cough up £25 and actually put money into the club is a different matter. This cup run will do us financially good short term but for Oldham to get people back each week we need a new stand with better facilities along with a repeat of the atmosphere seen yesterday.

For me though, the best thing about yesterdays game was seeing the kids enjoying the atmosphere and witnessing a last minute equilizer which could easily get them hooked on the super blues - I think the £10 season ticket deal has definatly made its money back from future sales!

It would be interesting to see how many we'd take to Wembley (of which i fully expect us to get too and I would be dissapointed with anything less... :cardinal: )

Will we fill the 5000-5500 allocation Everton give us?

It will be tough considering it is likely to be on TV, on a weeknight, we've visited recently and a limited time to sell tickets but there was 6500 at Liverpool so we stand a chance.

Think we will near enough sell out its an away game still only an hour away

Will we fill the 5000-5500 allocation Everton give us?

It will be tough considering it is likely to be on TV, on a weeknight, we've visited recently and a limited time to sell tickets but there was 6500 at Liverpool so we stand a chance.

I reckon that is a bold statement but I hope you are right.

We only just sold our 5,500 allocation 5 years ago.

We only sold 6,500 for yesterdays match AT HOME and this one is on a Tuesday night!

There wasn't a great deal of time to shift the tickets on open sale. The tickets were expensive for kids. The sale of tickets were subject to proof of id. The ticket sales didn't get the usual hype on the OS (presumably to avoid tempting Everton fans to buy in the home ends) and the game was on TV - so all of this had an impact on sales but you have to say 9,500 was a poor show really.

Not that it mattered one bit to me yesterday - special night and the fans who were there were absolutely superb.

There wasn't a great deal of time to shift the tickets on open sale. The tickets were expensive for kids. The sale of tickets were subject to proof of id. The ticket sales didn't get the usual hype on the OS (presumably to avoid tempting Everton fans to buy in the home ends) and the game was on TV - so all of this had an impact on sales but you have to say 9,500 was a poor show really.

Not that it mattered one bit to me yesterday - special night and the fans who were there were absolutely superb.

Unfortunately...............................and I know this hurts.......................... but 90% of Football fans in Oldham couldn't give a :censored: about us Latics.

Me and my pal (me from Stalybridge, him from Ashton) were trying to work out the difference between now and when we played Southampton at home in the league cup QF 1990 (18,862).

These days 90% of the town find it far easier to watch Citeh or ManUre on TV in the pub AND that my folkes is what is happening!

Good point Yard Dog. I absolutely hate what the "Premier" League has done to football in this country.

I'm from Middleton but have lived in Worcestershire since 1991 and don't get to more than 10-12 games a season nowadays. Since the New Year I've been to the games v Brentford, Coventry, Liverpool, Walsall, Franchise and Everton and loved every minute - even the defeats (ok, up to a point). I'm in no position to criticise stayaway fans as I know some (eg IOWPete_ travel far further, and far more frequently, than I do to watch Latics. But I do wish home crowds were bigger. It's not really an excuse to say open sale only lasted 3 days, because people could have gone v Franchise as I did. That crowd, 4094, was pathetic and you can't blame the crowd for saying a ticket for that game would mean a ticket v Everton as they are desperate to get attendances up. I had to go home to Worcs taht night and drove back up the next morning to queue in the cold for a ticket, so where were the locals?!

I appreciate £25 may be a lot of money if you're hard up and yes it was live on TV but the atmosphere v Liverpool and then Everton was more than money can buy.

Lots of people can't afford to spend £50 on "entertainment" in a pay month. They spent £25 on Liverpool but couldn't afford to spend it on Everton having beaten Liverpool.

I've seen one person complaining on twitter about not being able to buy a ticket over the phone because they weren't local. The limited ability to buy a ticket outside normal working hours made things difficult as well.