DRUM NOT GOING TO EVERTON

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Atmospheres are better without drums and the like.

I think the atmosphere has been better for the games recently with the drum than it has in years....

Although I think you can probably put that down to us playing better/cup run/bigger crowds rather than the drum, although maybe not!

I for one like the drum! I wouldn't want it directly next to me but in the same stand helps with the atmosphere/singing!

Thank :censored: for that! Trust me gallons of ale and 4,200 'tics shouldn't need a drum to be heard! We didn't have a drum last time at Goodison….nor did the electric Chaddy End or Main Stand in the first game.

I think a few of the choir in the RRE need the drum to regulate their need to remember, to breath 'in and out' :popcorn1:

In all honesty, used properly it has added to the atmosphere recently, but we'll be reet without it….

Edited by oafcprozac

If we're seriously having to rely on a drum to create an atmosphere at our biggest game for donkey's years then we may as well give up. PNE away last season was the best atmosphere I've heard at a Latics game in recent years and guess what... no drum. The home game was a great atmosphere, but I think it would've been without the drum too.

@deyres42, well said. There is no place for drums at football matches, though I might make an exception for samba drums in Brazil. I keep hoping that someone will lock up the detestable England supporters band, but no luck so far.

@oafc lover, wash your mouth out. No need for such personal abuse, especially when deyres42 is right.

@deyres42, well said. There is no place for drums at football matches, though I might make an exception for samba drums in Brazil. I keep hoping that someone will lock up the detestable England supporters band, but no luck so far.

@oafc lover, wash your mouth out. No need for such personal abuse, especially when deyres42 is right.

All opinion my friend, and my opinion is that you also, are a miserable :censored:.

I can only presume that your idea of a good atmosphere would be 35,000 fans sitting in silence politely applauding only when there is a goal.

Nothing wrong with getting behind your team, and if a drum or band aid the atmosphere, which recently our drummer has been, then I can't see any problem?

personally i can take it or leave it. how you lot can remember if a drum was at preston or not is remarkable. i remember it for simpson having a stormer and weslowski scoring a rare goal

Remembering something that happened less than 18 months ago is remarkable? You must be easily impressed.

oafc lover, you are detached from reality. I am neither miserable nor a :censored:. For you to equate a dislike of drums with wanting fans to sit in silence would be hilarious if your comment were not so moronic. I have been to many stadia where the atmosphere made your hair stand on end - what each occasion had in common was that the atmosphere was provided by fans singing their hearrts out (cf.the superb Latics fans last night), not by somebody banging a drum ad nauseam. Get a grip.