Iwelumo, get out of our club.

Don't think I've ever been so ashamed of a lack of effort from an individual in a game. He was awful. Refused to challenge, didn't chase down, Wes was more of a goal threat in a 10 min cameo from centre mid!

The other 13 lads put a great effort in tonight, were a bit unlucky really. Michael Oliver obviously favoured the 'big' team.

Fans were great again as well. Shame the drum wasn't allowed in or the atmosphere would have been even better in the away end. Both Merseyside clubs have had awful support when we've played them.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to take anything negative away from tonight but I have to agree about Iwelumo.

I wasn't at the MK Dons game so didn't see him score, but I thought he was a waste of space in the two Everton games and against Portsmouth. Lack of effort is dead right in my opinion. He doesn't look interested, and the quickest I've seen him move so far is when he was subbed in the first Everton game. He looked like he couldn't wait to get of the pitch.

I just can't see what he's going to bring to this team, and fourteen other clubs previously look to have come to the same conclusion.

Since CI arrived at the club we have been on a upward spiral, now i do not think for one minute it is all down to him, but the team is all that matters and if in some small way he is part of the upturn we should not start hounding him out. Everyone who goes to the games can see his vocal support. his awareness of what is happening around him, dont discount the bloke we need him in our relegation fight.

I was there tonight and singing for 90 minutes, so don't try and act above other people on here talking about true support.

If the player won't put the effort in, he doesn't deserve his shirt, simple. There are other players willing to put the effort in (Smith, Simpson, Taylor) who would love a starting spot but are being kept out by a lazy striker. I will still support the club win lose or draw but I can not stand anyone who doesn't give 100% all the time. So yeah he doesn't deserve to be at the club.

Also to people complaining about the new thread; I didn't know there was an old thread about it, and there were no posts on it tonight when I wrote this.

I was there tonight and singing for 90 minutes, so don't try and act above other people on here talking about true support.

So why come out with the :censored: thread title then?

If the player won't put the effort in, he doesn't deserve his shirt, simple. There are other players willing to put the effort in (Smith, Simpson, Taylor) who would love a starting spot but are being kept out by a lazy striker. I will still support the club win lose or draw but I can not stand anyone who doesn't give 100% all the time. So yeah he doesn't deserve to be at the club.

Define effort. I don't think he's lazy. Equally, I don't think he's that good. The years have taken their toll and I'm not convinced that what we gain in experience is enough to have compensated for his inability to get off the floor.

You can go extreme and suggest he gets chased out of town. I think that's pretty pathetic though. Like it or not he was selected for a reason and he did what he did with very little support from our midfield that Everton had forced deep. The one time midfield moved beyond him he got the key header that eventually broke to Baxter for the effort that hit the post.

I'll do the unthinkable - I'll criticise TP for selecting him ahead of Smith. That said, I understand why he did it.

Get out of our club? Sorry, that's an unpleasant and irrational over-reaction.

Edited by opinions4u

As soon as Iwelumo joined the club there was questions about him, whether he is a bad signing. Whether you like it or not when there is such debate over a player he is scrutinised more than the average player.

Now, I do also think he was very poor tonight, and he has been poor in the majority of minutes he's had on the pitch for us but I don't think for a minute it's a lack of effort. Perhaps it's a lack of ability or ableness. Just look at him run (or attempt to run), I don't know whether I've seen such an awkward looking immobile footballer.

He's a pariah within the support now. Around me in the crowd there were people who were shouting things to him that were unjustified because once he made one mistake it seemed as though people WANTED to get on his back.

He was poor, and Smith should be chosen over him in future but to suggest that it's a lack of passion, commitment etc is really unfair and is an example of people wanting to hound him.

Also to people complaining about the new thread; I didn't know there was an old thread about it, and there were no posts on it tonight when I wrote this.

v MK he was my MOM, great performance, after tonight I wouldnt give him kit man job. Biggest game for near 20 years and he cant be arsed, to us tonight was massive, as we all showed with our support, and we'd paid in, paid to get there, most took time off so paid again and gave our all, he got paid to be there but couldnt be arsed. Rather have someone who gives his all but may not be the most talented, than someone who can play but only when he feels like it. Thats why Ernie is still a legend everywhere he went. Take note Iwulemo, 10 million watched

Would agree he is absolutely awful however wouldn't say he had a lack of effort, he does out full effort in I think he just doesn't have the quality to back it up. TP has said he is a leader on and off the pitch and that's a factor in our change of fortunes so that is a major help in that respect. Would 100% start Smith ahead of him though especially in this form!

I didn't notice a lack of effort. I'm sure he brings a lot of stuff to the dressing room and to others in the pitch.

However, he should not have started. I thought than on Saturday, but thought Smith might have been being rested. Today, however, smith should have started, no doubt.

He is OK against league 1 but is hopeless against premiership. Not his fault he was selected to start or am I not allowed to suggest that TP got his starting 11 wrong and then did nothing about it?

TP did do something about it 10 minutes after half time.

Edited by opinions4u

Nice to see the over the top hatred of the players is back now Dickov's buggered off. How come we start picking at the players so much now we are actually doing better it baffles me. Yes of course Smith deserves a start but telling Iwelumo to bugger off when TP stated tonight on TV what an good influence he is having on the young players is absolutely ridiculous.

We have struggled all season and we finally have a manager and squad that seems capable of gettign results and now people want rid of the players - people were saying we wouldnt miss Furman as well in a previous thread. I genuinely don't understand some peoples logic at all

Don't think I've ever been so ashamed of a lack of effort from an individual in a game. He was awful. Refused to challenge, didn't chase down, Wes was more of a goal threat in a 10 min cameo from centre mid!

The other 13 lads put a great effort in tonight, were a bit unlucky really. Michael Oliver obviously favoured the 'big' team.

Fans were great again as well. Shame the drum wasn't allowed in or the atmosphere would have been even better in the away end. Both Merseyside clubs have had awful support when we've played them.

I am sure I am not the only one thinking this but the only thing I want out of 'our' club is this moronic attitude towards players and staff (and that included Dave Penney)

Not rating a player is one thing, this whole 'get out of our club thing'.....I'd like to think our fans have more class than that. Maybe I am badly mistaken.