Pathetic 'Highlights'

The picture quality is awful too.

Does no one involved with Latics Player care what the fans think ?...more subscriptions will be lost if this carries on.

They don't care. Provided by a third party company with no connection to Latics. Halifax probably have a Stuart Vose type person who knows how to use video editing software, we don't.

They don't care. Provided by a third party company with no connection to Latics. Halifax probably have a Stuart Vose type person who knows how to use video editing software, we don't.

But they're Blue Square North club, it's a sad indictment when they their official website appears to care more about fans than the Latics.

Edited by BP1960

I think Halifax are wooing your affections away from Droylsden...

I like to keep an eye on good players Pete, Gardner now at Halifax is attracting attention from big clubs after some wonderful displays.

Still plenty of goals at Droylsden - a 7-0 home defeat last Saturday. I'll be at the Butchers Arms to watch them Tuesday v Altrincham, when the prolific Reeves should score for a hat full for Alty.

The Bloods can't sack the manager though, he owns the club.

In the Latics World days one of the main reasons why I signed up was to watch the 20mins or so of edited highlights that I guess Vose put together which also had a Latics volunteer commentator separate to the live audio commentary (might have been Mike Leyland who now voluntarily does the live audio LP home match commentaries). A soon as Vose left the extended highlights stopped.

Some teams show the whole game unedited on their players, maybe we could do that, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a volunteer commentator or just play back the audio commentary that was done during the game that way no one has to spend any time editing it.

Or maybe we don't do anything like this because we would have to pay for the right to show the games from whichever company owns them.

If all the club needs is someone to edit the footage they can send it me and il do it for them, its hardly rocket science,

If all the club needs is someone to edit the footage they can send it me and il do it for them, its hardly rocket science,

I am pretty sure that is all they need to do I think they have the rights - I have watched whole Latics away matches back on other clubs sites when I had my subscription to LP - Charlton certainly used to show the whole game footage.

I am pretty sure that is all they need to do I think they have the rights - I have watched whole Latics away matches back on other clubs sites when I had my subscription to LP - Charlton certainly used to show the whole game footage.

Sheff Utd did last season, so you may be able to see the ref in all his glory on their site.

Sheff Utd did last season, so you may be able to see the ref in all his glory on their site.

Same rubbish highlights on the Sheff Utd site, looks like we have to put up what we are given, probably a cheap all in one deal similar to the awful website.

Private-Eye-private-eye-detective-sherlock-smiley-emoticon-000745-huge.png

You are either in big trouble on licencing grounds, or about to get a job after all!!!

Inspired by our very own 'Drago' and the videos I've seen other people upload on here from the Evertone/Liverpool games. Didn't turn out as well as I'd have liked because of the low resolution of ITV Player, so I couldn't do a huge amount with the edit. Turned out ok though I think, hope you like.

Edited by singe