• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Iain Dowie, Shefki Kuqi and Phil Brown and Sammy Lee are among the front-runners for the manager’s job in the betting markets. But Corney refuses to confirm or deny interest.

We have interviewed one or two, but there is a long way to go, said the chairman."

You can't beat The Chron for breaking news . . . :wink:

We certainly need a new manager in but if we could wait until after Shrewsbury that'd be great. Got a fiver on TP at 20/1 with sky bet. 10 games is permanent. Need the cash ;-)

Corney has the same bet with the FA cup money. Kerching, That should allow us to replace the Main Stand this summer as well as building the Broadway one.

"We have got a quarter of our league season left to run.  Tony is cheap for that period."

“It is cost effective to take our time. In the past we may not have picked the right candidate. I'm scared of messing up again."

“We are fortunate that so many people are desperate to be football managers. It shows that contrary to what some may think, a lot of people will take any old job".

“They have to buy into our philosophy — doing things on the cheap.

He's taking the piss out of TP....if we lose our next two then what, mass panic. It is absolutely vital that we stay in this division and he's playing Russian Roulette.

He says he will walk away if we are relegated, if that is true I think he will have got his wish.

I could understand going down this route if we were safe in mid table but we are 3rd bottom for God's sale, putting the responsibility of keeping this club in the 1st division squarely on to the shoulders of TP ( because it's the cheap option ) is plain wrong!!

It is wrong for him, the club, and more importantly the fans.

What he should be saying is..." We have a few quid from the cup run and whilst I'm not prepared to put the clubs future into question I'm going to try and bring in a new manager that brings us the best chance of progressing on the field.

Instead, he says this......." If we are relegated I will have failed and will probably walk away "

"We have got a quarter of our league season left to run. Tony is cheap for that period."

"It is cost effective to take our time. In the past we may not have picked the right candidate. I'm scared of messing up again."

"We are fortunate that so many people are desperate to be football managers. It shows that contrary to what some may think, a lot of people will take any old job".

"They have to buy into our philosophy — doing things on the cheap.

He's taking the piss out of TP....if we lose our next two then what, mass panic. It is absolutely vital that we stay in this division and he's playing Russian Roulette.

He says he will walk away if we are relegated, if that is true I think he will have got his wish.

I could understand going down this route if we were safe in mid table but we are 3rd bottom for God's sale, putting the responsibility of keeping this club in the 1st division squarely on to the shoulders of TP ( because it's the cheap option ) is plain wrong!!

It is wrong for him, the club, and more importantly the fans.

What he should be saying is..." We have a few quid from the cup run and whilst I'm not prepared to put the clubs future into question I'm going to try and bring in a new manager that brings us the best chance of progressing on the field.

Instead, he says this......." If we are relegated I will have failed and will probably walk away "

Brilliant.

I think you need to re-read O4U's post 55.......might have got the wrong end of the stick there.......?

The bit you've quoted is a made-up piss-take; not the real article or quotes from SC.

To be honest I prefer O4U's analysis and there is nothing lost in his interpretation. I hadn't realised it was a wind up in my eagerness to vent my anger but my reaction would have been much the same even after reading the Chronicle's article!!!

TP til end of season, then Dowie in in the summer assuming we have stayed up.

Midsblue quotes ID as saying he isn't coming - maybe that is true in light of this season, but the fact that no one else has been interviewed for the role (all this 'i've spoken to one or two people' is smoke and mirrors) and he nor ID have not denied that any 'deal' is dead suggests all being well, ID will come in,

Midsblue quotes ID as saying he isn't coming - maybe that is true in light of this season, but the fact that no one else has been interviewed for the role (all this 'i've spoken to one or two people' is smoke and mirrors) and he nor ID have not denied that any 'deal' is dead suggests all being well, ID will come in,

Don't hold your breath.....

I hope you're right because I think Dowie is the man who could turn our fortunes around. It could be that he is contracted to Sky and can't get out of it before the end of the season.

That would explain Corney's reluctance to proceed with interviews and the bit about making the right choice is just a smokescreen!

We shall see!

We certainly need a new manager in but if we could wait until after Shrewsbury that'd be great. Got a fiver on TP at 20/1 with sky bet. 10 games is permanent. Need the cash ;-)

He's 9/4 on Skybet now... Will they pay out to me after Shrewsbury if I pile on now?

He's 9/4 on Skybet now... Will they pay out to me after Shrewsbury if I pile on now?

Dowie started the day at 10/1 on Skybet.....he is now even money favourite!

Perhaps the chat they were to have this week was a lot more productive than what was expected last Saturday...or someone shoved twenty quid on him