To be fair, I was gagging to post the same only I'm scared now Rosa knows what I look like :peepwall:

Carra is brighter than the average footballer, and by some distance, even if he talks funny.

I have balls of steel!!

Stand by it was a stupid post. Carragher may be useless or brilliant. No one on here knows him or knows how he interviews, so why slate him for where he's from.

I guess Singe hates Baxter, Marshall, Henry etc..

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roylearmy your dowie lovefest is slightly boring now,facts are dowie failed at Latics last time round and ask yourself why is he not in work now?.

Dowie never failed he left under a cloud at the time, he brought us good football we were in the playoffs at the time.

Secondly I am not who you think, I am cheers.

Edited by oafc_fan

I agree. I think being able to dance in a John Travolta Suit (whatever one of those is) and a big afro is an absolute pre-requisite of the job myself.

Sorry that's probably one of those "you should have been there" moments. My opinion of him increased massively on Saturday with his dedication to his wife's charity. In the time I managed to speak with him you can't help but like he bloke. He sounded really genuine about how much he enjoyed his time at Oldham and I got the impression that had the managers position been longer than this season with the chance for him to build and secure Championship football then he would seriously be interested. He sounded like he's been monitoring things on and off the pitch for a while, which emphasised his interest in the club.

Yes the money he would have to give up via Sky, Al Jazeera and other sources would be another deciding factor but meeting his ambitions could well too big a carrot to turn down.

Makes you wonder why the suggestion by some sources that money is the issue hasn't been confirmed by the club...just in case that's refuted and the real reasons are confirmed.

Perhaps he could even persuade Shearer out of retirement.

I have balls of steel!!

Stand by it was a stupid post. Carragher may be useless or brilliant. No one on here knows him or knows how he interviews, so why slate him for where he's from.

I guess Singe hates Baxter, Marshall, Henry etc..

:blink:

I guess you missed the :-) originally.

Edited by singe

Richard Askham tweeted that Dowie would make a decision on the job in the next few days. It sounded to me like we've been waiting on him all this time, which would annoy me if we have! If he doesnt want it then move on, he's a safe option, not necessarily the best!

it's got to the stage where we need confirmation. if that means giving the job to TP until the end of the season then fair enough, but waiting around is not helping anyone. I want confirmation of who will be in charge before Bournemouth.

Isn't he the bloke who said Dowie was going to be unveiled by the MK Dons game? What a scoop that was.

I've kind of lost interest in this whole manager thing now. I'm hoping TP keeps it until the end of the season and a rookie is given the reins in the summer. The calibre of non-rookies is appalling.

Dowie never failed he left under a cloud at the time, he brought us good football we were in the playoffs at the time.

Secondly I am not who you think, I am cheers.

we lost in the playoffs and did you sit next to Roylearmy at school?

The only current PL player that I can think of that has spoken very openly about his intention to be be a manager is Jamie Carragher. Maybe he spotted the potential last week.

was just about to post this, could really see Jamie Carragher appying as his days at Liverpool are coming to an end, and it'd be a good local start for him, although i'd want someone with more experience, maybe get him as a coach/ast. manager?

I dont have an issue with TP in charge until the end of the season but FFS corney come out and address the fans

If we go down here he has to shoulder the blame

This. If TP is having it till the end of the season could he at least tell us that? It wouldn't come as much of a surprise and most would be happy with it. The complete silence is baffling to me

I dont have an issue with TP in charge until the end of the season but FFS corney come out and address the fans

If we go down here he has to shoulder the blame

If we go down then the players should shoulder the blame. They should not be where they are at the moment and they certainly shouldn't be where they are come 5pm on 27th April.

Maybe some of you will understand now why some of us werent so eager to fire off Dickov. Face it lads, nobody wants our vastly underpaid and underfunded poisoned chalice.

Still glad Dickov has gone. Doubt very much we would have won the 3 games we have with him in charge

Edited by NIKI1234

Get what you mean but Dickov takes equal blame he had three years to get it right and zero progress. The Corney love in is over we havent made progress have we in any shape or form unless survival is counted. Fans returning to watch this lot not a hope in hell. Stand being completed if we go down??? Is that the master exit strategy. We came we tried we failed sorry bye bye? The only reason PD left was to protect his CV as failing miserably. The whole club needs a kick up the arse as can see why people have lost heart, faith. Everyone has an opinion thats valid but we are sleep walking towards oblivion as it stands. The players as a unit are a disgrace to the shirt because we know they can perform but have the backbone of a jellyfish without the sting. Yep I am in a mood and this is where the games in hand mean nothing as the squad not good enough.

All good points. I havent been to a game on principle since the libpool extortionate kids prices and I still didnt know whether I was going to force my lad to go along tonight even though I had told him we would be going. The club stinks of unproffessional short termism and although it pains me to stay away I am growing tired of chucking my money at something that I no longer feel part of.

I'm with a few here.....I'm more than fine with TP until the end of the season. I'd actually be more than fine with TP full-stop; but I'm well aware he doesn't want it.

What I would like though is some sort of communication from SC / the club - to tell us the plans.

If SC has a plan that involves TP until the end of the season, and then a new appointment - he should tell us that. The silence is deafening, and it's only leading to wild conjecture on here, and in work / pub / homes etc. The longer this drags on without any clear communication, the more shambolic it looks. And, the uncertanty surely won't be helping the players - both in terms of performances and also for future planning.

One way or another, we should have been clearly told what the situation is.......that way, all can move forward towards the goal of staying up. As it stands, it's all a bit hap-hazzard, a bit up in the air and just a bit shoddy really.

Corney is behaving somewhat like Tarky at the moment. He is taking far too much time on the ball and we all know what happens next.

I want, we need, a new manager. It is probably too late now. Yes we won three league games but yes the same old same old was on show against Sheffield Utd and Tranmere. The failure to beat anyone in the top 12 when we play them means we have to win 5 out of the 7 games we have against the dross like us. No chance!

If SC has a plan that involves TP until the end of the season, and then a new appointment - he should tell us that.

I think its fairly obvious that thats the plan. No point bringing in someone now past transfer deadlines and with few games remaining.

spot on

I'm with a few here.....I'm more than fine with TP until the end of the season. I'd actually be more than fine with TP full-stop; but I'm well aware he doesn't want it.

What I would like though is some sort of communication from SC / the club - to tell us the plans.

If SC has a plan that involves TP until the end of the season, and then a new appointment - he should tell us that. The silence is deafening, and it's only leading to wild conjecture on here, and in work / pub / homes etc. The longer this drags on without any clear communication, the more shambolic it looks. And, the uncertanty surely won't be helping the players - both in terms of performances and also for future planning.

One way or another, we should have been clearly told what the situation is.......that way, all can move forward towards the goal of staying up. As it stands, it's all a bit hap-hazzard, a bit up in the air and just a bit shoddy really.