I was pretty ambivilent towards him really. Big Respect for his appearances and longevity in the game and all that, but he hasn't exactly brought out a massive love or hate reaction with me..............but for that admission alone; he's now my new hero!!

He does come across as very thoughtful and intelligent when he writes (assuming it is him writing it). Also probably had to have a good football brain to cope with being so awesomely slow in every regard. Whether he will make a manager or not, I don't know, I suspect he will be a very good coach

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's only been offered it until the end of the season it is ridiculous to expect him to accept.

I think he would be the fans No1 choice for the job.....do it Corney, you know it makes sense!!

Sorry but if thats them reason dowie has given for not wanting the jobs it suggests he doesn't want the job. If he came in and kept us up their is not a snowball in hells chance that he wouldnt be offered an extension probably on better terms. If anything it would be advantagous to him as he would be able to negotiate on his terms. Im not prepared to believe everything he says he has a silver tongue and isn't adverse to a white lie. But ofcourse he delivered us that season in 02/03 where ofcourse we won promotion on a shoestring budget and certainly didn't finish 5th losing to the team who lost to the team who won the play offs. I'd have him back only on our terms and only if really wants it which would be the same for the other options too.

"Carragher was awarded the Freedom of the Borough of Sefton for his local charity work and "the exceptional example he sets to the youth of today" in 2008. He occasionally visits schools as part of his charity work, promoting the importance of family life. Politically, Carragher is a supporter of the Labour Party and endorsed Andy Burnham in their most recent leadership election."

He also gave Song a tackle to remember in training because he kept gobbing off, taking the piss. I can think of a number of people I'd like to do that to. There's nothing more annoying.

He'll do for me.

Sorry but if thats them reason dowie has given for not wanting the jobs it suggests he doesn't want the job. If he came in and kept us up their is not a snowball in hells chance that he wouldnt be offered an extension probably on better terms. If anything it would be advantagous to him as he would be able to negotiate on his terms. Im not prepared to believe everything he says he has a silver tongue and isn't adverse to a white lie. But ofcourse he delivered us that season in 02/03 where ofcourse we won promotion on a shoestring budget and certainly didn't finish 5th losing to the team who lost to the team who won the play offs. I'd have him back only on our terms and only if really wants it which would be the same for the other options too.

If you were already out of work it would be a no brainer however,

would you walk out of your job under the same circumstances?........I think not!!!

Well I wouldn't say angry but having been asked for reasons why I don't like him those are the ones. But then without any reasons I'd probably get slated for not having any reasons which is probably more unreasonable than reasoned response

You have your opinion and that is fine by me, personally I would welcome him as manager but somehow don't think it's going to happen. Would not want Kuqi.

If you were already out of work it would be a no brainer however,

would you walk out of your job under the same circumstances?........I think not!!!

Thats a very good point but that goes back too how much does he want to get back into management? Because if he did want to get back into management and took the job due to the nature of football management he could be sacked within 6 months anyway.

him dancing in the John Travolta suit and affro showed what a great character he has; something we need at the helm to kick start a revival of our fortunes.

I agree. I think being able to dance in a John Travolta Suit (whatever one of those is) and a big afro is an absolute pre-requisite of the job myself.

Richard Askham tweeted that Dowie would make a decision on the job in the next few days. It sounded to me like we've been waiting on him all this time, which would annoy me if we have! If he doesnt want it then move on, he's a safe option, not necessarily the best!

it's got to the stage where we need confirmation. if that means giving the job to TP until the end of the season then fair enough, but waiting around is not helping anyone. I want confirmation of who will be in charge before Bournemouth.

"Carragher was awarded the Freedom of the Borough of Sefton for his local charity work and "the exceptional example he sets to the youth of today" in 2008. He occasionally visits schools as part of his charity work, promoting the importance of family life. Politically, Carragher is a supporter of the Labour Party and endorsed Andy Burnham in their most recent leadership election."

He also gave Song a tackle to remember in training because he kept gobbing off, taking the piss. I can think of a number of people I'd like to do that to. There's nothing more annoying.

He'll do for me.

He has also been known to go out of his way to give a tip to local performing artists!

He has also been known to go out of his way to give a tip to local performing artists!

So, a quick recap:

1. he does a lot of charity work with poor kids

2. he promotes wholesome family values.

3. he engages with civic life

4. he promotes progressive liberal policies (Burnham is hardly Mr.Radical).

5. he stands up to bullies at work and the media.

6. he isn't afraid of a scrap.

7. he has passion in his belly

8. he is actually intelligent

9. he supports local artists - kind and sensitive!

Apart from that accent (like a screwdriver going through the head), what's there to dislike? In fact, I hadn't considered him until now. Seriously, when you start to break it down he could be a good outside bet. SC could always include some elocution lessons in his contract.

So, a quick recap:

1. he does a lot of charity work with poor kids

2. he promotes wholesome family values.

3. he engages with civic life

4. he promotes progressive liberal policies (Burnham is hardly Mr.Radical).

5. he stands up to bullies at work and the media.

6. he isn't afraid of a scrap.

7. he has passion in his belly

8. he is actually intelligent

9. he supports local artists - kind and sensitive!

Apart from that accent (like a screwdriver going through the head), what's there to dislike? In fact, I hadn't considered him until now. Seriously, when you start to break it down he could be a good outside bet. SC could always include some elocution lessons in his contract.

A conversation between Carragher and Jose would be amazing.

I suppose someone will now do 10 reasons not to appoint him, but I'm with you Joe.

1 He's Scouse

2 He's got no experience

3 He's Scouse

4 He's got no experience

5 He's Scouse

6 He's got no experience

7 He's Scouse

8 He's got no experience

9 He's Scouse

10 He's got no experience

:-)

Singe. I don't know you, but hopefully you're a kid and not an idiot. Please tell me where our most successful manager is from. For your sake I hope you don't say Joe Royle after your anti scouse rant or you'll look a bit of a dick. I await your reply.

P.s. I think he matched all 5 he's scouse and all 5 inexperienced points raised.

The club should come out and tell the fans what are the plans?

Only one man for the job most of the fans would have him back Iain Dowie, because he knows the club very well, he could end up keeping the key players at the club also.

Simon Corney you know it make sense to bring him back home. I am not his agent but a supporter only.

Edited by oafc_fan

Singe. I don't know you, but hopefully you're a kid and not an idiot. Please tell me where our most successful manager is from. For your sake I hope you don't say Joe Royle after your anti scouse rant or you'll look a bit of a dick. I await your reply.

P.s. I think he matched all 5 he's scouse and all 5 inexperienced points raised.

Not even close, on either count...!

Even if I were a kid, rejecting him because he is Scouse would be idiotic.

But I think the lack of experience is crucial. We've done that before {under Corney] and it has not worked out.

Carragher would leave me distinctly underwhelmed, and me hoping the decision is based on more than a good interview. Walking the walk rather than talking the talk.

Of course, it worked with Joe, but that was pretty exceptional circumstances, and a very different era, and we gave him ( & Jimmy F for that matter) a LOT of time that managers these days do not get.

I just don't think that is what we need right now.

And it was hardly an anti-Scouse rant. It was a direct response to the quoted post. A :whoosh: if you like. HE set it up, I just knocked it in! EDIT I might have been a bit hasty denying the idiot bit....

Edited by singe

The club should come out and tell the fans what are the plans?

Only one man for the job most of the fans would have him back Iain Dowie, because he knows the club very well, he could end up keeping the key players at the club also.

Simon Corney you know it make sense to bring him back home. I am not his agent but a supporter only.

Roylearmy your dowie lovefest is slightly boring now,facts are dowie failed at Latics last time round and ask yourself why is he not in work now?. Edited by yarddogs

To be fair, I was gagging to post the same only I'm scared now Rosa knows what I look like :peepwall:

Carra is brighter than the average footballer, and by some distance, even if he talks funny.

I reckon I predicted Carragher first on OWTB (can't remember the thread) several weeks ago.

Staying up is the main thing and if we can do this under TP, I would more than welcome Carragher if he wanted to start his management career with us.

It's all about the links and even though I always liked Dickov he never used his Citeh link enough (I think Carragher would).

Like anything in life...........................its not what you know, its who you know!