The Gerrard extension tells you that TP is in charge until the end of the season.

The lack of a permanent appointment suggests either we have a man lined up but don't want to commit before league status is known or there is something in the pipeline regarding change of ownership.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard Askham tweeted that Dowie would make a decision on the job in the next few days. It sounded to me like we've been waiting on him all this time, which would annoy me if we have! If he doesnt want it then move on, he's a safe option, not necessarily the best!

it's got to the stage where we need confirmation. if that means giving the job to TP until the end of the season then fair enough, but waiting around is not helping anyone. I want confirmation of who will be in charge before Bournemouth.

Askam tweeted: "Believe Iain Dowie may well decide on the Oldham job one way or the other over next few days." I suppose 'may' is still a bit vague, but this was tweeted on 7th March so the 'few days' are up!

Like a few others I'm getting a little bored now! As my grandfather used to say: 'either piss in the pot or get off it.'

Askam tweeted: "Believe Iain Dowie may well decide on the Oldham job one way or the other over next few days." I suppose 'may' is still a bit vague, but this was tweeted on 7th March so the 'few days' are up!

Like a few others I'm getting a little bored now! As my grandfather used to say: 'either piss in the pot or get off it.'

The bloke himself told me he's not coming and I told everyone a week or more ago and he reaffirmed it Saturday so lets move on, eh?

The bloke himself told me he's not coming and I told everyone a week or more ago and he reaffirmed it Saturday so lets move on, eh?

Sounds like ball is in SC's court and sounds like he's only candidate & talks may happen again...

What you said there suggests it's not definite to me!

Don't know if anyone's seen the Late Kick Off Midlands part with Billy Davies, but it shows just how out of our range he was! If we can attract anyone who's got the passion and attention to detail he has then snap them up!

Billy Davies Late Kick Off - Worth a watch, really interesting!

On the same programme, Walsall’s Dean Smith, who many fans wanted to be sacked earlier in the season, reveals the secret of how he has inspired his team to 11 wins and four draws in 17 games (including tonight’s).

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21737309

On the same programme, Walsall’s Dean Smith, who many fans wanted to be sacked earlier in the season, reveals the secret of how he has inspired his team to 11 wins and four draws in 17 games (including tonight’s).

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21737309

Snowdonia, we didnt he choose Belle Vue dogs ?

Edited by BP1960

Depends on whether SC wants to offer a longer deal but I very much doubt it.

What good is a two month deal to Ian Dowie in his position..........Sir Alex couldn't guarantee keeping us up.

He has a perfectly well paid job with Sky so you have to make it appealing to him at the very least.....give him till the end of the season + 2 years and he may be interested !

ATHLETIC chairman Simon Corney has chatted to a couple of people on the blower but hasn't got round to making an appointment.

Confirming caretaker boss Tony Philliskirk doesn’t want the job full-time, Corney said he will try ringing some people this week - and stressed that a new man must do things on the cheap.

Iain Dowie, Shefki Kuqi and Phil Brown and Sammy Lee have all had over 50p staked at the bookies. But Corney hasn't really got a clue who he's going to appoint.

"We have got a quarter of our league season left to run. Tony is cheap for that period."

“It is cost effective to take our time. In the past we may not have picked the right candidate. I'm scared of messing up again."

“We are fortunate that so many people are desperate to be football managers. It shows that contrary to what some may think, a lot of people will take any old job".

“They have to buy into our philosophy — doing things on the cheap.”

ATHLETIC chairman Simon Corney has chatted to a couple of people on the blower but hasn't got round to making an appointment.

Confirming caretaker boss Tony Philliskirk doesn’t want the job full-time, Corney said he will try ringing some people this week - and stressed that a new man must do things on the cheap.

Iain Dowie, Shefki Kuqi and Phil Brown and Sammy Lee have all had over 50p staked at the bookies. But Corney hasn't really got a clue who he's going to appoint.

"We have got a quarter of our league season left to run. Tony is cheap for that period."

“It is cost effective to take our time. In the past we may not have picked the right candidate. I'm scared of messing up again."

“We are fortunate that so many people are desperate to be football managers. It shows that contrary to what some may think, a lot of people will take any old job".

That's very reassuring.

:lol: Very good.

I'd rather just appoint the highly experienced coach

My guess is Corney would too..............and hope he also takes on the responsibilities of assistant manager/first team coach/chief scout/brew boy/kitman/handyman/groundsman.........all for two bob a week and a meat pie