• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with respect Midsblue, there MUST be something afoot given that we have heard nothing for weeks, no rumours AT ALL of anyone being in the know as regards any other candidate, added to the fact that from being far out at 12/1 from nowhere he should suddenly shoot to 1/1 with his current employers who then suspend betting on it and be the fave at 4/5 with VC??

Can't all be wrong and it's in Sky's interests to maintain the betting so as to get £ from people, so it must be sorted and if anyone would know its them.

There is also a post from someone on the e-zine site alluding to the fact that our new manager will have some input with our next match, being criptic as well saying 'the worm has turned.....and our new manager will have some input too...ooooh'

All seems to amount to the same thing at the same time which can't all be purely guesswork.

Something must have or be changing in their discussions which has changed things.

I know for certain from a source that he was and is the only one offered the job and that he wants it and nothing since then aside from TP being allowed to run the team til things were sorted out.

Hmm..................

....we'll see Shefflatic

Just makes me chuckle some of the comments on here that are made up...at least I now know authenticity of some on here when reading "rumours" in future.

I'm not fussed either way as I had bet on him ages ago so if it does happen then I'm quids in

I reckon TP will want Dowie back as they have worked together previously.

Better the devil you know and all that!

In the rarely-wrong Chron on 11 February:

“I have heard Dowie’s name bandied about,” said Philliskirk, who was Dowie’s assistant at Athletic prior to his departure in 2003.

“He is an excellent manager and an excellent coach and I think that is something the teams needs.

“I have had conversations with chairman Simon Corney. He thinks this is a massive appointment for the club.

“It is really important to get the right man, who will integrate the youth."

http://www.oldham-ch...7707/right-move

....we'll see Shefflatic

Just makes me chuckle some of the comments on here that are made up...at least I now know authenticity of some on here when reading "rumours" in future.

I'm not fussed either way as I had bet on him ages ago so if it does happen then I'm quids in

Will you be having a slice of humble pie if you have been wrong?!

Will you be having a slice of humble pie if you have been wrong?!

Of course! I'll be well happy with knife and fork in hand.

At this present moment I'm not wrong but if talks progress, terms get changed then I'm entitled to change my view.