Furman done deal. On Donny Website

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good servant with nearly 150 appearances. However I think the fact that he's only managed nine goals in that time pretty much sums it up. A good player, but never showed his full potential and ended up being a liability. I think he's one of the main reasons we haven't scored many over the last few seasons, doesn't get forward enough and not creative enough to make chances from deep.

Nonetheless, good luck. I suspect if there's a fee involved he will have been pushed a little too, so I don't blame him.

yeh, but there is more than likely a loan fee, but it really cannot be much. if we was safe I could understand this but in the middle of a relegation battle. Baffling.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it baffling yet until we've seen if somebody else arrives to replace him.

RW? :shifty:

Paul Scholes as player/manager?

N.B. That last part is a joke.

http://www.doncaster...man-713790.aspx

Thanks for leaving the sinking ship!

Heard he wanted to go and really pushed for the move, spat his dummy out when dropped earlier in the season and acted like a bit of a tosser since coming back from the ACON, speaks volumes that TP has used him sparingly.

Last night I was a bit pissed off we'd let him go, have to to say this morning I've woken up and thought ':censored: him', we need to be in this together, he hasn't the stomach for a fight so let him skulk off to Donny. Even if he makes the move permanent, he'll be part of another struggling team next season, he's moved to a team that are top of a pisspoor league. The Championship this year has looked far stronger and will be again next season. The teams that go up this year will struggle...

He's no Wellens or Stephens for that matter, thanks for the good games you can count on the fingers of one one hand Dean, nice guy publicly but has shat on us from a great height imo.

He's been here 4 years and we've struggled in all of those four years, yet another one that goes through the BP revolving door.

Edited by oafcprozac

I can see why people are not bothered about him going but surely this is yet another very good player we have failed to get the best out of who is now leaving for :censored: all? It saddens me the amount of players this happens to at latics!

Whatever people think of his time here I am sure he will go in to have a career much higher up than us!

What a captain!!!! Leaving the club when in the middle of a relegation battle. I didnt realy rate him but never thought he would leave the team he is captain of when he could help keep us up and leave on a free in a few weeks anyway and probably sign for Donny then.

Piss off Dean, I hope you have signed a contract with Donny and they dont go up

I can see why people are not bothered about him going but surely this is yet another very good player we have failed to get the best out of who is now leaving for :censored: all? It saddens me the amount of players this happens to at latics!

Whatever people think of his time here I am sure he will go in to have a career much higher up than us!

We asked his agent to give us this season, they agreed but only so he could move for nowt this year. In hindsight we should have cashed in during the summer of 2012.

What a captain!!!! Leaving the club when in the middle of a relegation battle.

Sums it up for me! What sort of captain jumps ship at a time like this? If he had the bottle or the desire to work to get us out of this mess then he'd say to Donny "I'll sign at the end of the season." Leaving now is a bit cowardly if you ask me. He'd still have got offers once the season finished regardless because of his AFCON appearances!

Unless Corney said you ARE GOING whether you like it or not, even to which he could have said at the end of the season, then i have mild sympathy. But to be honest if he's not willing to work hard to get into the team then he's not the sort of player we need right now

Bit harsh Gaz. Granted he's no Sean Gregan in the leadership department but I wouldn't go as far as to say he's been terrible.

I will rephrase it. What a totally uninspiring captain he has been. Very rarely did he take a game by the scruff off the neck and lead with example. If what Prozac says is accurate then good riddance. Footballers these days trying to get a better deal. How dare they!

Bit harsh Gaz. Granted he's no Sean Gregan in the leadership department but I wouldn't go as far as to say he's been terrible.

I'd like to see Greegs back on a coaching level, currently coaching with his mate up at Darlo but only ticking over on the GBP side of things and still lives within a 20 mike radius of BP. Invaluable experience imo.

We asked his agent to give us this season, they agreed but only so he could move for nowt this year. In hindsight we should have cashed in during the summer of 2012.

He could have moved for nowt last summer too he turns 25 in June. Presumably the only reason he didn't is because no one was interested or those that were we could match in terms of wages.

Quite simply, if he was off in the summer anyway, I don't see how the club can be criticised too heavily for letting a midfielder who sits on the bench go. I wouldn't have let him go but then I worked out who we had in reserve and thought actually he can go.