Furman done deal. On Donny Website

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact the club have yet to make a statement speaks volumes.............................That's pissing me off more that "EL Capitano" going.

The statement on fiscal site is a joke, Sky sports have done a better job. The club have probably just lost a few hundred off the gate Saturday, you would think we were in mid table obscurity

We're a tinpot club,simple as.Communication hasn't been one of our strong points in recent years.

Oh and if Furman was such a :censored: player like some on hear seem to think he wouldn't be moving to a club on the up instead of staying with a club on the decline heading in the opposite direction.

Yes he has jumped ship, but can you REALLY blame him ? We're a club with little ambition, currently being rundown into what is frankly becoming embarrassing. You can't blame Furman for wanting to represent his country in a major international tournament, and nor can you blame him for wanting to better himself. Your diatribe of abuse frankly offended me. I think Furman has been shackled by the tactics of his manager in many of the games he has played, and he certainly hasn't earned your comments. ....and you can't blame the guy for wanting to increase his wages either - you would, I would, wouldn't anyone . You can't expect loyalty in football anymore. It's a short career - decisions like Baxter's are few and far between - at least we have some money for a player that, recently, hasn't even been a regular starter. Maybe you could try to be a little more constructive in your criticism - put a little thought and intelligence into your posts rather than resorting to the language of a yob!

if you get offended by what people post on here then you really need to get a life, i admit i could have worded my original post better but my point is still that regardless of whether donny are a better club than us or not, he had a duty as a captain to help us.

he had a duty as a captain to help us.

I actually agree with that... but as I said, there is no loyalty in this game any more. And your post is the first post that's offended me on here - Furman was a good servant of the club for the most part - your response to him leaving was childish in the extreme. Losing the foul language on a PUBLIC forum is always a good idea - these things have a habit of following you.

I actually agree with that... but as I said, there is no loyalty in this game any more. And your post is the first post that's offended me on here - Furman was a good servant of the club for the most part - your response to him leaving was childish in the extreme. Losing the foul language on a PUBLIC forum is always a good idea - these things have a habit of following you.

i will admit that my original post was out of order so i do apologise if anybody was offended. I just find it very frustrating the he has left us when we are in need of togetherness most. SC is equally at fault for letting him go, he may have ambitions to play at a higher level but a contract is a contract and imo he should honour it.

If what SC is true, then it does sound like a rat deserting a ship which is not a good reflection on his character. In the end if he wanted out then the reasons SC stated are pretty justifiable to let him go. There's no point having your captain wanting away when you need to be pulling in the right direction.

It seems to me that he expressed a desire to go at the end of the season, Doncaster asked after him and he has been given a nudge. All we get is no captain and his wages paid.

I'm sure this is a bad thing even if you don't think he is a good player because of the message it sends to the supporters, fans and most importantly his teammates. If you had to write a book about how to go about getting your club relegated the last three months give you everything you need. Without the FA Cup we would all be on suicide watch!

i will admit that my original post was out of order so i do apologise if anybody was offended. I just find it very frustrating the he has left us when we are in need of togetherness most. SC is equally at fault for letting him go, he may have ambitions to play at a higher level but a contract is a contract and imo he should honour it.

Whats the point of keeping somebody who doesn't want to play for us.

We need players that are committed 100% to the cause , if not then go.

Dear Simon

So a player indicates that he wants to move on when his contract ends. That is what we all expected him to do.

So Doncaster come after him when we are fighting against relegation and regardless of whether he wants to go both he and Doncaster should be told nothing doing.

So he is going to miss two games on International duty - we should be happy to have players that are wanted by their country.

So he is two bookings away from a two match ban. Now this is really difficult (Simon read this slowly) you make sure his two match ban coincides with the two games he misses on International duty - it isn't rocket science every other club in the country, including Doncaster, would do it.

So they are paying his whole wage. What a negotiator you are - paying his whole wage! Nothing on top? Nothing to lubricate his going? Possibly not such a good negotiator after all.

So you need his wage in order to take on another loan player. Now let me think! Did you include the money from the FA Cup run in your budget at the start of the season? What have you used or allocated the money from the FA Cup run for? No, Simon, you didn't need the money from his wage to sign another loan player. You didn't need to send him out on loan.

So finally where is the loan player. Ah I see you are trying to get a better player than Furman but nobody wants to come to a club in a relegation battle without a manager and without a full coaching team for the money you were paying Furman. Funny that!

today says so much about our club, I dont blame him for leaving, you would have to be a :censored:in idiot not to jump at the chance to leave a relegation battle to join top of the league, probably on more money aswell.........if you do blame him you are :censored:in idiot aswell

So we drop in to the bottom 4, we have no manager other than the youth team coach who does not want the job, we dont seem to be in a rush to appoint anyone because "if it aint broke why fix it"

So SC......are you trying to break it? Im not saying Furman was anything special but WHO THE :censored: sells their international club captain when you are in the midst of a relegation battle?

On Saturday we play one of the form teams in the whole country over the last few months so theres a good chance we will not get anything out of it, we play in hope because we have no :censored:in expectation left, what if we can only manage a point against the monkey hangers next week?.......... would it be considered broken then? What if Super never gets injured Wes breaks down after 20 mins?

Some dont rate Furman but I think we have just made a massive mistake, why now? why not at the start of the season or January? what difference would it have made? we will find out if Wes is better now...he isnt IMO

Today is the first time when I have actually thought, thats it we are going down and its not just Furman going, thats the just another nail in the coffin

SC......1 week to bring in a new midfielder or a new manager to change my mind but then, why would you? ITS NOT BROKE IS IT??????????????? :ranting:

A bad apple ruins the cart. If he'd gone at the end of the season when he could get a pay increase he cant now as hes under contract then fine thanks and all the best but if hes been and arse about being dropped then good riddance. He was dropped for a reason and good luck because if he plays like he has for us this season donny wont be needing him they go up.

I've no problem with players trying too better themselves just think their is a way of going about it I think leaving now is the wrong way too go about it

This thread is full of an exceptional amount of horse :censored:, even for this place.

All I'll say is: Richie Wellens "wasn't that good" when he played here according to most (statistically) of the people on this site and when he went to Doncaster he got promoted and never looked back.

Just think on that. Furman is no Wellens, but that ":censored:" player we're all hating played at an ACON and has just signed for top of the league... :censored:ing idiots.

Still not forgiven him for that backpass earlier in the season against Walsall at home. He's been poor all season really (apart from by all accounts when playing for his country). No big loss, happy to take the gamble on bringing someone in who is hungry for the fight for 11 game to Furman who will potentially only play a few of our remaining games and, considering his form, no gurantee of a decent game for the games he could of featured in.

This will also finally mean Wesolowski won't be the first to be brought off when the two used to be on the pitch at the same time as more often than not Weso would be having the better game.

when i see Corney's reasons, I can understand why Furman's at Doncaster. Probably the sensible move for the club, but i really hope we won't regret it.

Furman's probably one of the players who hasn't played as well as he can do this season, but when the alternative is Winchester then I know i'd prefer Furman

This thread is full of an exceptional amount of horse :censored:, even for this place.

All I'll say is: Richie Wellens "wasn't that good" when he played here according to most (statistically) of the people on this site and when he went to Doncaster he got promoted and never looked back.

Just think on that. Furman is no Wellens, but that ":censored:" player we're all hating played at an ACON and has just signed for top of the league... :censored:ing idiots.

Nice. Real nice.

So - people on here expressing their opinion of an over-rated player who hasn't really performed for us at all this season, are :censored:ing idiots?

Right. I see.

Nice. Real nice.

So - people on here expressing their opinion of an over-rated player who hasn't really performed for us at all this season, are :censored:ing idiots?

Right. I see.

It's the 7 pages of vitriol that gets me. Why can't we be mature and just go "you know what, he tried and he's moving on to better things" - I don't get why everything has to be the end of the world in one way shape or form. It just seem so stressful.