Furman done deal. On Donny Website

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree with all the sour grapes.

Decent player who didn't quite fulfil the potential - probably the way he was utilised by poor managers.

Will doubtless go on to do better than Oldham.

Good luck Dean.

Sums it up for me - sort of player who needs a different challenge - good luck Deano.

However...It would be nice to get some sort of view from the official as to why this has happened when we are in the position we are - baffled :omg:

Sums it up for me - sort of player who needs a different challenge - good luck Deano.

However...It would be nice to get some sort of view from the official as to why this has happened when we are in the position we are - baffled :omg:

Lining it up with one of the hack's tweets - somebody else in tomorrow to replace him.

Hopefully not 17th choice midfielder from Blackburn though.

I'd like to see Greegs back on a coaching level, currently coaching with his mate up at Darlo but only ticking over on the GBP side of things and still lives within a 20 mike radius of BP. Invaluable experience imo.

Thought he lived in Harrogate?

Seems bonkers prima facie to me but i don't know enough to comment with any authority so I won't. What I would like to know is the views of the rest of the squad. If it has pissed them off then we might as well start planning for L2 now.

One person maybe affected is MAtt Smith, who he lets part of his flat or a flat too,

Be interesting to see the reaction, hopefully a mature one from Matt.

Whilst on the one hand we need bodies, on the other hand we need players committed to the cause. If the hearsay is to be believed Dean no longer wanted to be here, thought he could better himself, and subsequently has got the opportunity to better himself and moved on. The club has got a fee for his services by letting him go now as opposed to in the summer.

I think the issue that is causing the debate is regarding peoples perceptions of how good Furman was, with those of the opinion he was one of our best players thinking it was a bad decision, and those who think otherwise not being too bothered about his departure. I am probably in the latter camp but bear no ill will towards him going on the grounds that I think our better performances have been when he isn't in the team, and whilst by no means do I think he is crap, he is far from a class above this division, most definitely not a natural leader and is in my opinion, replaceable.

So whilst I will not be shedding any tears at his departure, nor will I be celebrating it.

Dean, thankyou for your services and good luck at Doncaster.

I'm really not upset about this. Although I don't see the number of games that many on here do, I've always thought that Furball promised much, but produced much less. On his day, when he drove forward and set up attacking moves, he was as good as anyone in this league. Sadly, those days were few and far between. The rest of the time he made more sideways and backward passes than a Rugby League team.

It's pretty much common knowledge that he was going at the end of the season anyway, so why not grab a couple of quid now rather than sod all in a couple of months' time, especially if his temperament and commitment are suspect.

If, as prozac says, Furman chucked his teddies out the pram for being sat on the bench, then he can take that attitude with him to Doncaster. Just because he is captain, he doesn't have a divine right to start every game. Just ask Grant Holt at Norwich. Wes can take the armband and, IMO, will do a good job.

Who will replace El Capitano? Didn't Montano play CM for the ressies a couple of days ago and scored a worldy? Stick him in there with Wes holding, Obita wide left and problem solved IMO. Muzza as back up, Changy when he's fit again, get the best out of Winchester and we're sorted.

There's been suggestions that the incoming manager may have had something to do with this, but the predicted announcement (from you know who I mean) hasn't materialised, so I guess that one goes out of the window.

I won't wish Furball any ill will, but thanks for the 9 goals, only one of which I can remember.

Very HARSH

do you think, the man who was 'so proud' to be appointed captain at the beggining of season has now jumped ship. This is after we have paid his wages whilst he has missed around 20% of the season swanning around for south africa and then when he has played has been pretty much garbage. This is the time he should be leading by example, he should be grabbing the team by the scruff of the neck and dragging them over the finish line to safety. He can have his move in the summer but to leave now when the team is in such :censored: is in my opinion taking the piss. Not a true captain.

The fact the club have yet to make a statement speaks volumes.............................That's pissing me off more that "EL Capitano" going.

The statement on fiscal site is a joke, Sky sports have done a better job. The club have probably just lost a few hundred off the gate Saturday, you would think we were in mid table obscurity

Don't know why people are slatting him , he obviously hasn't got the stomach for a fight and would preferto move on .

We need players that are prepared to fight for the cause and if they don't want to then best move them out the way.

Hopefully we may bring somebody else in who can give us what's needed.

'I can play in different roles within the central midfield position. I like sweeping and breaking the play up as well as creating chances when we have possession.'

Tell us another one, Furman.

I can remember him playing a fair few defence splitting passes in his time. All in the wrong half, mind.

do you think, the man who was 'so proud' to be appointed captain at the beggining of season has now jumped ship. This is after we have paid his wages whilst he has missed around 20% of the season swanning around for south africa and then when he has played has been pretty much garbage. This is the time he should be leading by example, he should be grabbing the team by the scruff of the neck and dragging them over the finish line to safety. He can have his move in the summer but to leave now when the team is in such :censored: is in my opinion taking the piss. Not a true captain.

Yes he has jumped ship, but can you REALLY blame him ? We're a club with little ambition, currently being rundown into what is frankly becoming embarrassing. You can't blame Furman for wanting to represent his country in a major international tournament, and nor can you blame him for wanting to better himself. Your diatribe of abuse frankly offended me. I think Furman has been shackled by the tactics of his manager in many of the games he has played, and he certainly hasn't earned your comments. ....and you can't blame the guy for wanting to increase his wages either - you would, I would, wouldn't anyone . You can't expect loyalty in football anymore. It's a short career - decisions like Baxter's are few and far between - at least we have some money for a player that, recently, hasn't even been a regular starter. Maybe you could try to be a little more constructive in your criticism - put a little thought and intelligence into your posts rather than resorting to the language of a yob!