Furman done deal. On Donny Website

It's the 7 pages of vitriol that gets me. Why can't we be mature and just go "you know what, he tried and he's moving on to better things" - I don't get why everything has to be the end of the world in one way shape or form. It just seem so stressful.

I know what you mean - but I think some of the posters on this thread are just pissed off, as it really does like Furman has had a hissy fit; seen his arse and has fled at the 1st available opportunity. We don't need people around the club like that in the situation we're in.

As I've said - meh - he's gone; wish him well (sort of) and we move on. But - even though there's been some choice language used; i think ':censored:ing idiots' was still a tad harsh all told?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the 7 pages of vitriol that gets me. Why can't we be mature and just go "you know what, he tried and he's moving on to better things" - I don't get why everything has to be the end of the world in one way shape or form. It just seem so stressful.

It's the "we're all doomed"/"typical of this tin-pot club" rubbish that's ridiculous.

It's Dean Furman, not bloody Messi and for all the reasons why we should have held on to him, there's equally as many reasons why we did the right thing in letting him go.

This thread is full of an exceptional amount of horse :censored:, even for this place.

All I'll say is: Richie Wellens "wasn't that good" when he played here according to most (statistically) of the people on this site and when he went to Doncaster he got promoted and never looked back.

Just think on that. Furman is no Wellens, but that ":censored:" player we're all hating played at an ACON and has just signed for top of the league... :censored:ing idiots.

Dean furman is no richie wellens and richie wellens didn't bail out when the season got tough. As sly said its the hissy fit hes thrown for being put on the bench when he was clearly underperforming. What have you thought of his performances this season?

Dean furman is no richie wellens and richie wellens didn't bail out when the season got tough. As sly said its the hissy fit hes thrown for being put on the bench when he was clearly underperforming. What have you thought of his performances this season?

Wellens did get a stupid red card that cost automatic promotion though.

Lots of things about this that I dislike about this deal.

He's a good player, certainly in a defensive midfield role, and one that we would've done well having in the coming weeks. It was debatable who was better out of him and Wes but I'm not sure we can rely on Wes remaining injury free for the rest of the season. Saving wages is not a good enough excuse with our current predicament if it cuts down the squad size.

As a captain I can understand people who say he wasn't very vocal but I thought he represented the club very well and conducted himself in a very good manner off the pitch while here.

However I'm disappointed to see him go right now whereas I would've wished him luck at the end of the season. I don't see how sticking it out until the end of the season would've lessened his chances of playing in the Championship and as captain I believe rightly or wrongly that he should feel a responsibility towards the rest of the squad, not indicate that he has quit on them.

All the same he wouldn't have the chance to move without Corney's say so and strongly hope we manage to find a like for like replacement or an experienced one, because without one this is a very bad call.

For what it's worth I think he'll do well at Championship level and him and Stephens as a partnership is one that I'd have liked to see more of, but the way he has left is a bitter pill to swallow.

If anything if he fails to perform at Donny then it's going to reduce his chances of moving up a league in the summer.

Championship managers will have noted that our 2 good cup results against the Scousers came with him absent.

Wow what a mixed thread. The usual anti SC/board/club all using the thread as a reason to bash SC/the board/the club and the happy clappers all, ahem, satisified that he has gone.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

The facts are that upto going to the ACON after the Forest game at the end of the 1st week in January he was probably the 1st name on PD's teamsheet. Since his return he has faded badly from the scene and I think there are a few reasons for that.

Firstly, Furms came to the fore with his performances at the ACON and has had his head turned. May be by agents may be by other players, but it has certainly been turned. Since he has come back his twitter picture is still with him in his South AFrica kit not the actions of someone claiming to be "proud" to be the captain of oafc and the Donny romour didn't just start this week.

Whilst he was away we knocked Liverpool out of the FA Cup and signed 4 players to give the squad more depth. Barnard, Iwelumo, Obita and Murray. PD departed and TP has come in and changed the style. Gone is the Dickov way of crab and tickle in the middle of the park. TP has given Wes a particular job, one he does better than Furms as he is more of a terrrier, who does his work of breaking up the oppositions play and playing the ball simple to the creative players. Along side Wes TP has gone for Baxter who certianly has more flair than Furms for the role of being the playmaker. Rightly or wrongly TP has changed to a style he feels suits us better or at least suits the players we have to better effect. That has left Furms stuck on the bench for the most part and he will not have enjoyed that and I'm sure it has played a part in him wanting to go. For the most part I think TP has got it about right. The losess in the league have only come against 2 top 6 sides and came only after major decisions had gone against us in both games. TP has instilled a belief into the players who, as far as I can gather, want to play for him. As a result Furms partly due to going of to the ACON and partly due to PD going and a change in the style of our play is no longer a first choice shoe in

The fact is Donny made an enquiry (probably after they had spoken to Furms or his agent 1st) Furms said he didn't want to play for us and wanted to go, we have got a fee and his wages off the books and have a little bit more room for manouvre to bring someone in in the last week before the loan window closes who can make a difference in our fight for survival.

This is not about Furms. It is not about SC or any other individual. It is about our survival in league 1. A decision needed making. It has been made.

Thanks for your efforts Dean, but in the circumstances the time for you to go was right for both parties.

Wellens left a stagnant club for one with a shot at promotion when given the chance, Furman's done the same.

I've seen less than half a dozen league games this season (live in London) so my opinion of him as a player is limited. I'd say we rarely play him in an advanced position which is where I think he's best, but that he's also invariably the player on the cover at full back when we're out of shape - the one willing to do the ugly job.

Wow what a mixed thread. The usual anti SC/board/club all using the thread as a reason to bash SC/the board/the club and the happy clappers all, ahem, satisified that he has gone.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

The facts are that upto going to the ACON after the Forest game at the end of the 1st week in January he was probably the 1st name on PD's teamsheet. Since his return he has faded badly from the scene and I think there are a few reasons for that.

Firstly, Furms came to the fore with his performances at the ACON and has had his head turned. May be by agents may be by other players, but it has certainly been turned. Since he has come back his twitter picture is still with him in his South AFrica kit not the actions of someone claiming to be "proud" to be the captain of oafc and the Donny romour didn't just start this week.

Whilst he was away we knocked Liverpool out of the FA Cup and signed 4 players to give the squad more depth. Barnard, Iwelumo, Obita and Murray. PD departed and TP has come in and changed the style. Gone is the Dickov way of crab and tickle in the middle of the park. TP has given Wes a particular job, one he does better than Furms as he is more of a terrrier, who does his work of breaking up the oppositions play and playing the ball simple to the creative players. Along side Wes TP has gone for Baxter who certianly has more flair than Furms for the role of being the playmaker. Rightly or wrongly TP has changed to a style he feels suits us better or at least suits the players we have to better effect. That has left Furms stuck on the bench for the most part and he will not have enjoyed that and I'm sure it has played a part in him wanting to go. For the most part I think TP has got it about right. The losess in the league have only come against 2 top 6 sides and came only after major decisions had gone against us in both games. TP has instilled a belief into the players who, as far as I can gather, want to play for him. As a result Furms partly due to going of to the ACON and partly due to PD going and a change in the style of our play is no longer a first choice shoe in

The fact is Donny made an enquiry (probably after they had spoken to Furms or his agent 1st) Furms said he didn't want to play for us and wanted to go, we have got a fee and his wages off the books and have a little bit more room for manouvre to bring someone in in the last week before the loan window closes who can make a difference in our fight for survival.

This is not about Furms. It is not about SC or any other individual. It is about our survival in league 1. A decision needed making. It has been made.

Thanks for your efforts Dean, but in the circumstances the time for you to go was right for both parties.

Great post couldn't agree more.

I think it's time for him to move on, whether that's at Donny or not. He has potential to play at a higher level, and by all accounts he's a nice lad who deserves to do well, but there are countless midfielders out there who are good enough and who I think would buy into what the manager is trying to do - especially if we stay up.

In the unlikely events that it doesn't work out for him at Doncaster, they don't want him permanently, Johnson wants him to stay & he wants to stick around after all - who'd have him back?

If Johnson wants him (which would mean that he thinks he could get the most from him) then I wouldn't have a problem with it. Not sure his performances for us this season would do much to convince LJ that he fits in with his philosophy of having 'real footballers' (which I take as being hardworking, ball winning but attack minded) in midfield though.

If LJ wanted him back then fine but he'd have a lot of grovelling to do. Should certainly not be given the captaincy back, his actions last week were far from those of a leader.

I can't see Furman fitting into the style LJ is preaching anyway.