Team v Hartlepool ?

I'd play Paul Murray for definate. A proper professional who, in the words of LJ wants to be a footballer more than being able to say he's a footballer. Single handedly kept us up before he left and, most importantly, was dropped by the Hartlepool manager who obviously thought he was no longer upto it despite being the player of the year the season before. Bags of energy, can pick a pass and will allow Jose to play up front with Barnard.

(but unfortunately I can't even see him making the bench again...).

I'd play Paul Murray for definate. A proper professional who, in the words of LJ wants to be a footballer more than being able to say he's a footballer. Single handedly kept us up before he left and, most importantly, was dropped by the Hartlepool manager who obviously thought he was no longer upto it despite being the player of the year the season before. Bags of energy, can pick a pass and will allow Jose to play up front with Barnard.

(but unfortunately I can't even see him making the bench again...).

If his father was a joiner then it goes without saying that he'll be able to make a bench!! Edited by Traffordtic

Doesn't sound like Croft will be playing the full 90 minutes?!

If we could get someone similar to Aaron Maclean alongside Barnard then well be laughing.

Do you reckon we'll see a new face up front before kick off tomorrow, possibly Saturday?

Reading between the lines I'd say Croft might be in a new central role with Millar on the right wing, Montano on the left wing.

Korey Smith at right back.

Baxter and Obita could be on the bench.

Edited by BP1960

Croft will play for 60 , Lee said the team aint fit enough to play high tempo for 90 mins.

One player going to be asked to play a role for the team, expect a re shuffle, not a major one though.

Granted I haven't seen the latest league games, but I thought that in the cup Crofty looked to be fitter than anyone on the pitch.

From this afternoons little chat; i'd say that Croft is nailed on for starting, but not finishing, the game. Seems to rate Kirk Millar, and he even said with the current fitness concerns and the way he wants us to play; he'll look at 60mins high intensity from Croft and 30mins from Millar.

For what it's worth; I think it might be Barnard who will be asked to 'take one for the team' and play a different role

Doesn't sound like Croft will be playing the full 90 minutes?!

If we could get someone similar to Aaron Maclean alongside Barnard then well be laughing.

Do you reckon we'll see a new face up front before kick off tomorrow, possibly Saturday?

He said he's already had a fair few knock backs but is working hard on loan deals . Saturday earliest I'd expect someone in .

i have a feeling it will be korey smith who takes on for the team and will fill in at right back (he's played there before)

Bouzanis

Grounds

Mvoto

Tarky

Smith

Obita

Wes

Baxter

Croft

Simpson

Barnard

3124 (58 Hartlepool)

Oldham 2 - 0 Hartlepool (weselowski and Barnard)

i have a feeling it will be korey smith who takes on for the team and will fill in at right back (he's played there before

Bouzanis

Grounds

Mvoto

Tarky

Smith

Don't think he will touch the back four. Simmo for Obita my call.

Obita

Wes

Baxter

Croft

Simpson

Barnard

3124 (58 Hartlepool)

Oldham 2 - 0 Hartlepool (weselowski and Barnard)

Stab in the dark, but the change in position could be for croft? He talks aboit pace and not getting in behond the back four. Maybe in to the middle of the park? Hes decent on the ball so who knows

I had a feeling Croft to right back. Puts a shift in at times, could push forward to support the attack but lack of pace up against a pacey winger put me off the idea. I think it'll just be pushing Baxter further forward to be honest but we'll see

Some interesting tweets from Matt Chambers about LJ's views on Baxter.

Also Taylor's not involved in the reserves today - I'd like to see him being given more of a chance now. Showed flashes in the past of being a useful impact sub.