Agree totally re LJ, no blame on him, but how on earth he sees Simpson as our best option on the left I don't know , total waste of a wage.

Dickovs choice of piss weak players has us where we are but thank god he got Jose in , only thing that can save this awful league campaign .

LJ is blameless? The players were a disgrace first half but who picked the side which started the game? Who picked the formation with no wingers meaning both fullbacks were exposed? Its no coincidence Brown and Grounds had nightmare first halves.

Credit to LJ for turning it round though, we were a different side in the second half.

The manager picked the team and the formation, never again no wingers and one isolated up front.

The team LJ picked was the same side apart from Croft that had gone 3 games unbeaten.

Does a team need wingers to win a game? Can a team play more through the middle and win just as many games if not more?

First half we were shocking but it was better in the 2nd.

The team LJ picked was the same side apart from Croft that had gone 3 games unbeaten.

Does a team need wingers to win a game? Can a team play more through the middle and win just as many games if not more?

First half we were shocking but it was better in the 2nd.

After a change in formation.

After a change in formation.

It's worked well in past games and to great affect against Hartlepool? We lacked width it seemed in the first half and the gap between Connor Brown and Bobby Reid seemed to be too much, too far away to link up effectively?

Would having Croft in today have made the difference and make the formation work better?

It's worked well in past games and to great affect against Hartlepool? We lacked width it seemed in the first half and the gap between Connor Brown and Bobby Reid seemed to be too much, too far away to link up effectively?

Would having Croft in today have made the difference and make the formation work better?

Hartlepool were non competitive and not a good yardstick, I still maintain one striker isolated up front won't get you many goals, not with this present squad anyway.

I was impressed by all 3 substitutes, thought they all had a positive impact on the game. I was particularly impressed with Kirk Millar, thought he was excellent.

And I know LJ picked the team / formation in the first half but at least he had the balls to change it, and it very nearly salvaged a point. Paul Dickov would have just abused the fourth official all second half and we'd have gone on to lose 3 or 4 v 0.

We missed Croft, gave away two soft goals and Barnard couldn't do anything right. Simpson was under far too much pressure so the booking and his absence from the next two games inevitable.

Changes at half time put a solid Mellor in front of the back 4, Smith up front to win almost everything and a player called Millar who can't possibly have been the player we used to play as a winger called Millar.

Another might have been. Looks like we are going to have to rely on Scunthorpe being worse than us if we are to stay up. Would like a three point gap however to protect against Portsmouth being expelled.

Would like a three point gap however to protect against Portsmouth being expelled.

Does anyone know the official ruling with regards to the points? If they can't finish the season would teams keep the points they got against them or would everyone get points taken off?

And how awful is it that we might be relying on this to keep us up??

Agree totally re LJ, no blame on him, but how on earth he sees Simpson as our best option on the left I don't know , total waste of a wage.

Dickovs choice of piss weak players has us where we are but thank god he got Jose in , only thing that can save this awful league campaign .

only reason simspon is in is beacuse apart from smith he offers a little in the air... no one else wins a header going forward...but he doesnt even do that well awful today

We missed Croft, gave away two soft goals and Barnard couldn't do anything right. Simpson was under far too much pressure so the booking and his absence from the next two games inevitable.

Changes at half time put a solid Mellor in front of the back 4, Smith up front to win almost everything and a player called Millar who can't possibly have been the player we used to play as a winger called Millar.

Another might have been. Looks like we are going to have to rely on Scunthorpe being worse than us if we are to stay up. Would like a three point gap however to protect against Portsmouth being expelled.

I know Millar was well very good lively put one dream of a cross in that was asking for someone to berry once decent effort just wide and hussled and harried looked decent - and i have thought for years he was desitned for none league. Dan Taylor must be gutted he didnt get on

Edited by bluehobbit

If Portsmouth are expelled before the last game of the season all their games are excluded and we lose 6 points whereas Scunthorpe lose only 3. We need Balram Chainrai to allow the Portsmouth Supporters Trust to complete the purchase Fratton Park before 27th April or Portsmouth will be expelled.

I think that the match produced more positives than is credited.

Yes, 1st half we were a disgrace however 2nd half we were absolutely fantastic and given a bit of luck and composure from some players who aren't used to first-team football we would have won that very easily. We had at least 2 goal-line clearances, lots of saved shots and missed a few good chances.

LJ now knows who are the one's to rely on and can live up to the challenge, the one's who have the passion and fight and the one's that simply don't have the character to be part of a relegation scrapping team.

Games like today don't shape the league table this year but they should make a massive impact on next season (I believe we'll stay up). LJ learnt a lot and showed us that he has the personality to do what is right for the team.

Tuesday night's team should be more like the one that started the 2nd half and if that performance is anything to go by we have a big chance against Preston.