Bury f****ng disgrace

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could only happen to our super fans.

Allowed entry to every hopeless performance & defeat.

We manage to win a game & relegate Bury .....and hundreds spent time and money don't get to watch.

If there is any thought of crowd size issues these days games become all ticket at the drop of a hat , how on earth have bothe

clubs not sensed there might be an issue with pay on the day for away fans.

Very poor way to treat our terrific fans staying loyal despite the appaling league season.

1.) Had a tweet of a Bury fan saying they gave Sheffield United what we had last year, the opposite stand and half the main stand and they brought 1100. He was less than impressed

2.) About 30 Oldham fans got kicked out after celebrating our winner in the main stand and it then kicked off. Hopefully no one was hurt but I wouldn't be surprised if someone was. I doubt GMP will be all that impressed as apparently they were happy to let our fans in that were locked out but the Bury chairman said no.

3.) The stand wasn't full. Officially there were 20+ spare seats but there was more than that. Probably about 100. Apparently due to the number of restricted view seats the actual capacity is less than the number of seats

Edited by rudemedic

They cant change allocation 20 mins before kick off. If we had half an incline we'd fill the stand, we should of requested the side as well. Cant do it on the afternoon of the game.

The stand we had last year should have been left empty for just this scenario, just as we left them the big section of the rocky just in case. I was kicked out of my seat for that reason. Piss ups and breweries!

1.) Had a tweet of a Bury fan saying they gave Sheffield United what we had last year, the opposite stand and half the main stand and they brought 1100. He was less than impressed

2.) About 30 Oldham fans got kicked out after celebrating our winner in the main stand and it then kicked off. Hopefully no one was hurt but I wouldn't be surprised if someone was. I doubt GMP will be all that impressed as apparently they were happy to let our fans in that were locked out but the Bury chairman said no.

3.) The stand wasn't full. Officially there were 20+ spare seats but there was more than that. Probably about 100. Apparently due to the number of restricted view seats the actual capacity is less than the number of seats

On point 2) As far as I could see they were allowed to come into the "full" away end.

It shouldn't have been rocket science to leave an overspill area, just in case. There were thousands of empty seats for feck sake!

Absolutely abysmal from bury....no pity from me now.....what a cock up!

If they weren't sure how many latics fans would turn up then it should have been all ticket, then they would have known the exact amount. Amateurish!

Still massively pissed off at it all; but the win has sweetened it a bit.

Make the sodding game all ticket, or provide a stand as overspill should the 'main' one fill up.

What was also hugely annoying was the changing of stories from the stewards, police and then Bury officials (spoke with one of the Bury Directors)

The police were happy for us to go into stand with 200 or so Bury fans in; and provide a line between the fans....they said Bury would not agree to that.

When i spoke to the Director; he said it was the police who had said no.

Piss up and Brewery. Dont usually wish any harm to other clubs; but on that showing today, well - Bury can feck off and go bust. And they wont be having any money from me ever again if they do end up surviving.

Much needed 3 points though, just peed off i didnt get to see it

Also worth pointing out that on the £19 turnstile they conveniently "didn't have any change" - so myself and no doubt a few others helped swell the coffers inadvertently.

In fairness to Bury I got my £1 change and I was allowed in about 10 minutes to kick off; and lots of people were given the option to take the quid or not.

Had this message from someone I know at the BBC if anyone's interested. "If you know anyone that was locked out, could you ask them to call BBC 606 so we can speak to them on air? It's ridiculous that they couldn't accomodate you all. The number is 0500909693".

Mike Keegan tweeted that there were 2,073 fans in the away end.

There seems to be a consensus that the stand capacity is 2,000.

So there were only 7,500 empty seats in Gigg Lane.

Mike Keegan tweeted that there were 2,073 fans in the away end.

There seems to be a consensus that the stand capacity is 2,000.

So there were only 7,500 empty seats in Gigg Lane.

Stand capacity is 2100 IIRC, was on the official site the other day.

It seemed really obvious what the answer was, with so few people being in the far stand. Poor behaviour from all concerned.

I got there half an hour before kick off and it was already getting apparent that there was going to be an issue, so they had plenty of time to think...