Bury f****ng disgrace

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No eat the away stand was full walking around going to big at various times I'd estimate a good 2-400 empty seats minimum a d that's a conservative estimate

I'd have estimated 100 empty seats, but you have to factor in those who are getting a pie or having a slash. Official away following of 2,073. If capacity is 2,100 I understand why no more were allowed in. The lack of contingency plan is where the questions need to be directed.

Just saw the goal on SSN... counted about 10 empty seats bottom left (lookin at the stand from the pitch) and the odd seat on the first row but other that that it looks crammed.

Saying that, did I read they let fans in for the last 15 mins?

Just saw the goal on SSN... counted about 10 empty seats bottom left (lookin at the stand from the pitch) and the odd seat on the first row but other that that it looks crammed.

Saying that, did I read they let fans in for the last 15 mins?

They 'let' fans in that were caught celebrating in the home end once we scored, it took violence for the authorities to decide actually maybe the away stand isnt as full to capacity as we first thought.

Tossers

Look at the Good Doc's video from the main stand, loads of empty seats. The capacity of the Away End was apparently reduced from 2,500 to 2,100 as seats were unreserved.

To be fair mate i was on the very back row and there were 50-70 people stood on the back row concourse without a seat (for want of a better word)

I was sat on the 2nd to back row and there were loads of fans behind the back row so they could join with the singers and stand. That's why there were empty seats. They just weren't in an allocated position and the Bury stewards did nothing about it.

Bury were right to not let other fans in the AWAY stand because obviously it being the anniversary of a certain disaster where overcrowding made such a terrible result you can't risk that sort of thing.

However, of course they should've made it all ticket or have been prepared to open up the other stand. Whether or not the Police were lazy or not Bury FC should've been proactive and used half of a brain cell to realise there would be excess fans for the West Stand.

The whole thing was a complete farce and those people who had paid for travel etc should be compensated (but probably won't for some small print written on the back of a ticket or something like that).

Although, I don't want Bury to go bust whatsoever, either. The fans deserve better than that and deserve better, more intelligent owners.

Look at the Good Doc's video from the main stand, loads of empty seats. The capacity of the Away End was apparently reduced from 2,500 to 2,100 as seats were unreserved.

Not my video I just happened to find it. I was in the away end and had loads of empty seats around me (and posted pictures on twitter).

They didn't have a clue. Allocated too few tickets and had no contingency plan. With their current home support we should have had half the stadium. Didn't enforce sitting in an all seater stand. It is one thing to turn a blind eye to people standing in their seats but to allow people to stand on gangways and stairs which is against health and safety was madness.

They didn't have a clue. Allocated too few tickets and had no contingency plan. With their current home support we should have had half the stadium. Didn't enforce sitting in an all seater stand. It is one thing to turn a blind eye to people standing in their seats but to allow people to stand on gangways and stairs which is against health and safety was madness.

u mean like when we played sheff u at home. all the gangways were full

I was sat in the Bury main stand after buying a ticket of a latic whose mates didnt have a ticket ( cheers fella) I was sat on my own just 20 yards from where the trouble ignited, god it was hard not celebrating too much. I think it was plainly obvious that the Bury fans should have been moved around and our fans segregated by police, did they not expect us to try to get in whatever the circumstances in such a vital local Derby. Ive been to bury countless times and we always take a great following regardless of the importance of the game,its only a bloody day saver away for most, so why they didnt have something in place is ludicrus. Id say that they missed out on 10k easily. Very silly and unavoidable in my eyes. I wont go as far as wishing them bust though like some , what goes around comes around and all that

It's also against health and safety not to have a working tannoy system in all stands. The one in our stand either wasn't working, or isn't connected.